We are America

PDA

hak
January 13, 2013, 01:04 PM
Sitting in the waiting lounge of my local range. It's an hour+ wait. It occurred to me just now, after some delay as I don't think of people by their "groups" our govt and the professional victim groups use to ID us, that this is a great cross section. Men and women. Young and old. Black, white, Asia, Latino. All conversing cheerily about a beloved topic and activity. Does the wait stink? Yup. But a nicer group of polite and civil folks I've yet to see in public.

A new shooters class just walked by with the RO, biggest one I've Ever seen at this facility.

Molon Labe.

If you enjoyed reading about "We are America" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fishslayer
January 13, 2013, 03:11 PM
The range I belong to is very diverse. I've been seeing a lot of new shooters for the past 4 years or so as well. Some of the women are dragalongs but a good number got their own gear and are serious about their practice. Quite a bit of business attire at the line weekday lunch times, too.

Ummm.... membership at my range includes being able to reserve a lane and head of the line...

...just sayin'...:D

beatledog7
January 13, 2013, 03:44 PM
I've never seen a range that was not diverse in the ways described and more: a variety of firearms, different ways of thinking; Reaganites, Obama fans, anarchists---you name it.

The conversations during the wait are kind of nice as long as I have the time to spare.

cemjr
January 13, 2013, 05:25 PM
Sitting in the waiting lounge of my local range. It's an hour+ wait. It occurred to me just now, after some delay as I don't think of people by their "groups" our govt and the professional victim groups use to ID us, that this is a great cross section. Men and women. Young and old. Black, white, Asia, Latino. All conversing cheerily about a beloved topic and activity. Does the wait stink? Yup. But a nicer group of polite and civil folks I've yet to see in public.

A new shooters class just walked by with the RO, biggest one I've Ever seen at this facility.

Molon Labe.
Sounds like the folks I attend Church with every Sunday. Good people (not perfect) sharing the faith and life together. Seems I rember we got an "off mic" mention from the Comander and Chief.

The_Armed_Therapist
January 13, 2013, 05:29 PM
Thank you for your post! These are the people we want armed. These are also the people who suffer from gun control. These are the people that cause no problems, but who work diligently to solve problems.

If you enjoyed reading about "We are America" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!