Organizations, SAF & CCRKBA

PDA

Krogen
January 13, 2013, 01:31 PM
I've been an NRA lifer for a long time. In fact, yesterday I upped from Endowment to Patron. I have not yet joined SAF or CCRKBA. Looking at their websites, there seems to be a lot of overlap. Alan Gottlieb is the major player in both of them. I don't see a major difference in their mission statements. I'm thinking I will join both, simply because this is the time to mobilize support for the second amendment.

What exactly is the difference between the two organizations?

If you enjoyed reading about "Organizations, SAF & CCRKBA" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Loc n Load
January 13, 2013, 10:36 PM
I am also a NRA lifer, also belong to the SAF and today cut a check for the GOA after seeing Larry Pratt CEO makes his case on one of the talk shows. All of them do good work for the 2A cause and need our support.

45crittergitter
January 25, 2013, 04:43 PM
They are sister orgs. CCRKBA is more into lobbying and representing gun owners while SAF is more into scholarly research and studies, which are then used in court briefs and lobbying. SAF also files and wins lots of pro-rkba lawsuits, such as Heller and McDonald. They're all very worthy, though I'd put CCRKBA 3rd on this list.

If you enjoyed reading about "Organizations, SAF & CCRKBA" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!