Arms #18 can't zero M1A

PDA

Hollerpoint
January 13, 2013, 04:56 PM
Very frustrated that I cannot zero my M1A. The ARMS mount never seems to reinstall the same way. Any suggestions?

If you enjoyed reading about "Arms #18 can't zero M1A" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ApacheCoTodd
January 13, 2013, 05:41 PM
Are you saying that you are continually removing it and it fails to "return to zero"?

If that is the case, the mount was not designed to be a "RTtoZ" product and should be left on the rifle while utilizing quick detach rings if the profile is too great for transport or storage.

Also note that with many of the mountings I've done, the mount would shift a bit as it settles with initial firing and a zero is sometimes chased for as many as 25 rounds at first. Rifle/mount finish, hardware tension and such messing with the stability of the initial set-up.

If you enjoyed reading about "Arms #18 can't zero M1A" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!