Reloading for a Glock

PDA

Littlewolf
January 13, 2013, 08:31 PM
Been thinking about reloading for a Glock in 10mm. What thoughts do you reloaders have for that caliber?

If you enjoyed reading about "Reloading for a Glock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Peter M. Eick
January 20, 2013, 10:00 AM
For my G20, I replaced the barrel as I was getting glock smiles. If you want shoot with the factory barrel, use hornady data for it. It is the mildest I know of. If you replace the barrel, I go nuclear levels with 800X mostly.

loadedround
January 20, 2013, 11:40 AM
I would replace your barrel with a quality after market one, especially if you plan to shoot cast bullets.

greenlion
January 20, 2013, 01:35 PM
If your G20 is of more recent manufacture, all you need to do is avoid using lead bullets..

Mike 27
January 20, 2013, 01:54 PM
Hot loads through the gen 3 will kill your brass. Not sure if they tightened the chamber on the gen 4's. Also unless Hornady has lightened their loads in the most recent book the 8th edition had some extremely hot loads using AA7. I would recommend cross checking a few different sources. Great gun to shoot. I have also changed the barrel out and now it is much better on the brass. The brass can be hard to come by, and as stated the factory bbl will give you bulges especially with hot loads.

If you enjoyed reading about "Reloading for a Glock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!