Shooting a Glock rapidfire

PDA

Min
March 6, 2004, 09:31 PM
At the range today (see my other thread) I practiced rapidfire with my model 19 (because I CAN, dammit!).

The good thing about Glock is their short trigger reset. Doubletaps no problem. I shot a whole string of 5 rounds as quickly as I can. Whoo! that was fun. Worked my way up to 10 rounds rapidfire downrange.

So, who all here shoots their Glock rapidfire (range permitting)? Ever emptied a 15-rd/17-rd mag as quickly as you can?

What other semi-autos are good for rapidfire?

If you enjoyed reading about "Shooting a Glock rapidfire" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
arinvolvo
March 6, 2004, 10:19 PM
My steyr rapid fires like a champ, and with excellent controllability also. The 9mm recoil is almost non existant.

rich2u
March 6, 2004, 10:44 PM
Ha ah rapid fire...I have a cz100 rapid fire just isn't what it used to be. Can we all say Lonnnnnnngggggg trigger pull:D

Ankeny
March 6, 2004, 11:36 PM
I shoot a lot of Bill Drills and timing drills. Shooting quickly will show us how the sight tracks and it improves visual awareness. Then again, some guys just yank on the trigger as fast as they can because it's fun.

Soap
March 6, 2004, 11:39 PM
I think that the 1911 and the Glock have the best trigger resets out there as far as combat handguns go.

bodu
March 7, 2004, 01:16 AM
Try a 29-rounder, gets kind of boring toward the end.:neener:

clubsoda22
March 7, 2004, 01:30 AM
recently rented a glock 26. put 11 rounds down the sternum of a FBI shilouette at 7 yards with approxamately .20 second splits. Have done the same with my friends glock 19 (15 rounds in the chest and head). My Taurus PT92 is also an incredable rapid fire gun. It's quite heavy for a 9mm and has an aftermarket duel captive spring mechanism (like the HK) so it barely kicks. A full load of 18 rounds was yeilding headshots at 7 yards as fast as i could shoot them. My HK USP40 tactical is also good for this but i have to practice som more with it as it is a recent aquisition. My bersa thunder is supprising in this capacity as i can put 8 rounds in the head and neck in an good bit under 2 seconds.

All shooing at 7 yards.

geekWithA.45
March 7, 2004, 01:47 AM
Full auto?
We don't need no steeenking full auto
:neener:

Kilroy
March 7, 2004, 12:29 PM
per my PACT timer.... I hit around 620 rounds per minute.....for 15 rounds, with my Glock 19.

Gewehr98
March 7, 2004, 01:01 PM
So, who all here shoots their Glock rapidfire (range permitting)? Ever emptied a 15-rd/17-rd mag as quickly as you can?

I'd love to see the group on the target after that. Your Glock doesn't have the special rapid-fire sights, does it?

http://www.birdman.org/images/hnsbig.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Shooting a Glock rapidfire" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!