Upset with Wideners Reloading and Shooting Supply

PDA

Queen_of_Thunder
January 14, 2013, 12:18 PM
I know all suppliers are busy but once my Credit Card gets charged I expect my order to be on its way not still in the processing stage. No reply to emails and no one is answering the phones. Are they even still in business?

If you enjoyed reading about "Upset with Wideners Reloading and Shooting Supply" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
January 14, 2013, 12:20 PM
Expect this to be with most, if not all, vendors right now. Nothing to get upset about.

1KPerDay
January 14, 2013, 12:20 PM
how long?

mgmorden
January 14, 2013, 12:22 PM
Yeah - depending on the way they're setup many vendors charge when the order is taken, not shipped. Most of the time the ship time is within a day or two, but right now things are hectic. I had an order with G&R Tactical for over 3 weeks that was charged but just shipped (and arrived fine - no qualms from me). I'm still awaiting a shipment from Palmetto State Armory that was ordered and charged back on December 27th.

I will say that DSG Arms who I have a backorderd for some magazines with did authorize a charge on my credit card but they've stated that they won't charge until the items ship.

For the most part right now I'd just recommend patience.

taliv
January 14, 2013, 12:24 PM
did you read this notice at the top of the front page of their website?

NOTICE: Due to high demand, our shipping delays are now 15-25 days or more depending on the product. HazMats and Firearms may be longer. In order to speed processing, our telephone is temporarily blocked. If it shows in stock and you receive a comfirmed order, you will get that order in time. You card will be charged before shipment. IF YOU WISH TO CANCEL AN ORDER, PLEASE SEND US AN EMAIL AT wideners@wideners.com and we will cancel the order and you will receive a FULL REFUND. No cancellation fee.

gfanikf
January 14, 2013, 12:24 PM
Funny enough my Upper (from back on Dec 23) just shipped. I only found out because I have MyUPS, nothing has changed on their site. Makes me wonder if my lower (order on the 19...and at only $82.99) shipped to my FFL....since lord knows I can't call them.

blarby
January 14, 2013, 12:26 PM
Lol @ Taliv- 2 true, beat meh to it.

Queen_of_Thunder
January 14, 2013, 12:51 PM
They charged my CC over a week ago for an order placed before Christmas. Once you take my my money I expect the product I paid for. I understand they and others are busy but that understanding goes away when you take my money and over a week later there is no indication that the order has been filled. No communication makes matters worse.

vegasbillsliv
January 14, 2013, 01:01 PM
I placed an order with Wideners before the insanity hit. It took them 2 weeks to ship but the notice of the delay was on their website. When I ordered, I followed a link to the product so i skipped their homepage. So i didn't know about the delay but it was my fault for not looking at their homepage.

groundsclown
January 14, 2013, 01:10 PM
So cancel your order and get it from some where else. Tell Wideners...we cant do anything about it. :banghead: Also as someone else posted, they clearly state on their website charges and shipping delays

MErl
January 14, 2013, 01:13 PM
card charged when they process order (yeah we have that, will add it to the shipping queue) no problem at all.

card charged for an item on backorder, bad juju.

Sounds like this is the former.

xsquidgator
January 14, 2013, 02:02 PM
I'd give Widener's the benefit of the doubt, especially since they have that notice up on their site about things being slow due to high volume. I've ordered a number of things from them over the years, and have always found them to be honest and sent me what I ordered in a reasonable time. It just seems that "reasonable time" is longer than it used to be due to the current panic.

stonecutter2
January 14, 2013, 02:38 PM
I ordered a lower on 12/18. They charged my card.

Just received it early last week.

If they charge your CC then the order was processed. You definitely want that if legislation is put in place. Delivery can happen later.

Wideners is a great place, and everybody is crazy right now. It's not the time to be an impatient consumer.

Queen_of_Thunder
January 14, 2013, 02:45 PM
When I placed my order everything I ordered was in stock. My CC was charged over a week ago on an order placed in December. I'm more than willing to wait but once the card is charged I expect some notification as to the status of the order. Some communication even a computered generated email would have been ok but there is no communication at all. I have no idea if they are even open.

heeler
January 14, 2013, 02:47 PM
I think the OP will be alright.
I ordered several boxes of 32 ACP and 9mm ammo from them the 19th of December and they had a warning all over their website stating due to the craziness of the moment they were around 15 days behind on the shipping.
On my CC acount I was looking over on my computer it showed the charges pending.
Then around mid week of the first few days of January the charges went through.
They sent me shipping notification on Monday 1/7 and I received the goods on Thursday 1/10.
It's all of this crazy buying going on.

gfanikf
January 14, 2013, 03:44 PM
I ordered a lower on 12/18. They charged my card.

Just received it early last week.

If they charge your CC then the order was processed. You definitely want that if legislation is put in place. Delivery can happen later.

Wideners is a great place, and everybody is crazy right now. It's not the time to be an impatient consumer.
Hmm as did I. I guess this should be a nice week for me. :)

tnelson31
January 14, 2013, 03:54 PM
I too needed to align my expectations with reality when ordering lately. It is a unique time.

In the end I received my goods as ordered, in a reasonable time frame--and certainly within my agreement when ordering--and I would buy from the vendors again.

The internet really takes the human element out of commerce and sometimes that is a good thing and sometimes it is not. We need to look at both sides when determining what is reasonable.

Lucifer_Sam
January 14, 2013, 05:50 PM
Wideners took about 2 or three weeks for me when I ordered in the mini craze before the major craze. My understanding is that they are a pretty small shop, definitely not something like Cabellas that might be able to handle recent demand and dot all their I's and cross all thier T's. I wouldn't be worried about it, I'd actually be more glad I'd been able to get something at a good price, I don't think they've been gouging.

CraigC
January 14, 2013, 05:53 PM
Now is the time to be patient with our vendors. They are experiencing unparalleled sales and probably most can't keep up with demand, give them time.

Boxhead
January 14, 2013, 05:54 PM
Yeah, you probably shouldn't use them anymore.

rbernie
January 14, 2013, 05:59 PM
Wideners has always been a straight-shooting, honest outfit. I can see no reason to expect that they'll suddenly alter their behaviors and become deliberately less than reputable - they're likely just up to their eyeballs with order processing.

Teachu2
January 14, 2013, 06:03 PM
I ordered some cases of ammo from a couple of vendors who usually ship within three days, and both were 12-20 days behind. Prices went up twice after I ordered, but they charged my cc when I ordered and I paid the lower price.
On one order, it arrived at my house before the email with the shipping confirmation did.

Aiko492
January 14, 2013, 06:06 PM
They are an reputable company based on my dealings and the other feedback i have read from others. How hard is it to read what they have posted before you trash them? Cancel and take your business elsewhere.

Gun Geezer
January 14, 2013, 11:53 PM
Lots of upset folk around right now. Me included.

Have an issue with Brownells. Order some mags for which the site indicated "In Stock". Next day I get an email from Brownells saying that the mags are "Out of Stock" and talked all about the huge order volumes, etc. What's up with that? Nobody should sell something under false pretenses. But, it seems they do. It comes down to Brownells had they head up their you know what and over sold their inventory. So I get my mags backordered instead of shipped.

I could have ordered from someone else, but the next day everybody was sold out. Now I'm just SOL. Thanks Brownells!:mad:

I've bought from Brownells for years and was always satisfied customer. First time they ever screwed me over. Guess you just have to keep in mind they did not cause this mess.

tactikel
January 15, 2013, 12:04 AM
I have ordered from them for years, always came thru. They are one of the best places you can order from IMHO.

splithoof
January 15, 2013, 01:10 AM
This panic buying is just one small part of havoc that the current administration has pulled off. Just wait and see what happens next. Anybody want to move to D.C or New York?

rhinoh
January 15, 2013, 05:32 AM
Lots of upset folk around right now. Me included.

Have an issue with Brownells. Order some mags for which the site indicated "In Stock". Next day I get an email from Brownells saying that the mags are "Out of Stock" and talked all about the huge order volumes, etc. What's up with that? Nobody should sell something under false pretenses. But, it seems they do. It comes down to Brownells had they head up their you know what and over sold their inventory. So I get my mags backordered instead of shipped.

I could have ordered from someone else, but the next day everybody was sold out. Now I'm just SOL. Thanks Brownells!:mad:

I've bought from Brownells for years and was always satisfied customer. First time they ever screwed me over. Guess you just have to keep in mind they did not cause this mess.
Had the same experience with the oft maligned Botach. Ordered in stock mags, after 5 days they said they don't have them and don't know when they will get them....
Meanwhile I could have ordered and already received them from S&W..who is also out NOW.
They'll never see a dime from me at Botach.

evan price
January 15, 2013, 05:40 AM

You did see where Brownell's said that they sold, in two weeks, the same amount of magazines that they sell in 3.5 years? Do you think that maybe there was lag time built into their web site and that's out of their control?

At least Brownell's is honoring their backorders at the listed price. As long as they get manufactured and shipped (and not banned) you'll get your mags.

Perhaps you should have stocked up on mags...oh, anytime in the previous four years instead of waiting for the rush?

To the OP: Widener's terms are clearly disclosed on the web site. I suggest that if you are still upset enough to be venting on THR that you contact them and have your order cancelled. It might be better for you in the long term.

Both Brownell's and Widener's are quality companies dedicated to the shooting public. I think a lot of people need to take a long step back and consider that there's way too many crazy people trying to buy everything at the last minute and bear with the industry. Stuff is out of stock everywhere....don't wait until the last minute to order things!

g17
February 12, 2013, 04:34 PM
Has anyone received their order from Widener's in the last month? I'm 33 days since they accepted my debit card payment for powder listed as being in stock. Just wondering since their phone lines are blocked and no email response.

brickeyee
February 12, 2013, 04:55 PM
I would contest any charge that has been billed but not shipped.

Contested charges cost merchants money, and not just the amount of your purchase.

There is NO excuse for charging before shipping, and most CC merchant agreements prohibit charging before shipping except on special orders.

Bill Jones
February 12, 2013, 05:47 PM
I drove over there last Thursday and picked up some reloading supplies. They are still very busy trying to catch up from what I could see.

Email works best when I have tried to contact them.

taliv
February 12, 2013, 05:48 PM
yeah, i got 2400 rounds of IMI M193 from them last week that i ordered very early january

waho
February 12, 2013, 06:48 PM
I'm also not too happy with them, placed an order in Dec, credit card got charged 2 days later. Then nothing for 4 weeks. Website says if you want to cancel send them an email, did that, got a reply 2 days later telling me that they are really busy and if I want to cancel to let them know. Emailed them again to cancel. Emailed them again a couple days later, got a reply back that my stuff was shipped that day. Happy that I got my stuff, but not that they wouldn't cancel when they were told three times to do so.

Queen_of_Thunder
February 12, 2013, 07:06 PM
I'm also not too happy with them, placed an order in Dec, credit card got charged 2 days later. Then nothing for 4 weeks. Website says if you want to cancel send them an email, did that, got a reply 2 days later telling me that they are really busy and if I want to cancel to let them know. Emailed them again to cancel. Emailed them again a couple days later, got a reply back that my stuff was shipped that day. Happy that I got my stuff, but not that they wouldn't cancel when they were told three times to do so.
Strange. That also happened to me. I replied to their email and canceled the order. The next day I recieved an email that said my order had been shipped my order that day.

waho
February 12, 2013, 09:28 PM
Maybe that's the way to get faster service from them. Cancel your order and it will get shipped promptly.

Mikee Loxxer
February 12, 2013, 09:35 PM
I have placed three orders with Wideners since December. I have received all three.Yes they took several weeks to ship. Wideners has been up front in noting that your card will be charged before it ships. They have also been clear that they are busy filling orders and therefore not spending man hours on answering phones, etc. They are also clear that filling firearms and hazmat orders will take longer. If you don't like their terms you shouldn't have placed an order with them. They made every effort to be up front, it looks like several of you just weren't paying attention.

nosmr2
February 12, 2013, 09:37 PM
I was about to get assy with Gemtech today for an order placed and charged on the 4th with no shipping info. I couldn't get a hold of anyone for a few days. Got an email with my tracking number late today.

FROGO207
February 12, 2013, 10:03 PM
Time for everybody to take ten deep breaths and smile some. This too shall pass, and the person who has the fortitude to wait as needed will triumph in the long run. I personally would just be restocking what I recently used so plan to hold off any orders until the supply pipeline is flowing with some available surplus if at all possible.

Tirod
February 12, 2013, 10:39 PM
Hiring more employees just to let them go in a few weeks after the panic is over? Bad decision in a job market that you can't leave unless you literally move.

Worked for one like that, was mobilized, came back to a new owner - who had let all the contracts drop and the employees go. No, it didn't make any sense, $3 million a year business. Nonetheless, he gets another bid, hires them back. End of job, fired. Gets another contract, is able to hire 1 or 2 back, end of job, fired. Gets another contract, hires anybody off the street, job gets screwed up royally, loses money, crew gets fired.

Doesn't take long to auger your way into a major crash and burn doing that.

If being charged up front isn't what someone wants - don't place the order. Look closer. I have magazines due to ship any day now, but my card hasn't been charged. Two ways to look at that - the vendor isn't operating so close to the margin he need to bank the payroll to actually write checks against, or, they simply have enough scruples not to cash you in until it's needed - when they ship.

As for shipping when you cancel, it's risky - now the word is out, everyone will cancel, and they are back to square one. More shipments than people to box them up.

If you let a panic push your operations into a panic, you aren't managing your company. And those who do some sketchy things are now outed for all to see.

Walkalong
February 12, 2013, 10:46 PM
It is just crazy right now. We can either be patient and wait, or cancel orders. It's pretty simple. Every site you go to has big print warnings about wait times. If the card has been charged (Like mine), you can only hope that means they finally got to your order and you will see the product soon.

BullfrogKen
February 12, 2013, 10:57 PM
Looks like you're getting your order according to their announcement.

Patience everyone.

If you enjoyed reading about "Upset with Wideners Reloading and Shooting Supply" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!