Unsafe Range?

PDA

Dr. Sandman
January 14, 2013, 11:29 AM
Check out the "safe range" provided by Heart of Texas Guided Hunts. There is much wrong with this picture. See Rate the Transaction for a review of the hunt.

If you enjoyed reading about "Unsafe Range?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
j.kramer
January 14, 2013, 11:46 AM
bullets get stopped really fast in water no matter how big they are

tnelson31
January 14, 2013, 12:22 PM
Do they skip if they are going fast enough, like a ricochet?

j.kramer
January 14, 2013, 12:36 PM
Do they skip if they are going fast enough, like a ricochet?

22s will at very steep angle

col.lemat
January 14, 2013, 02:13 PM
The trees might get a trim, other wise looks good to me. In the Navy we shot the 5in 38s over water all the time.

tnelson31
January 14, 2013, 02:48 PM
How far is the shoreline (sides, across?) That is the area I would be concerned about.

Anyway, I had misread the OP and thought this was a publicly offered range. It screams 'no backstop' to me, and I would not be comfortable shooting there.

Double Naught Spy
January 14, 2013, 03:57 PM
The range does not comply with anything in the NRA range book for a gun range. It looks like it would be fine for an archery range.

Ehtereon11B
January 14, 2013, 11:40 PM
Only unsafe things I see are how are you going to scope in a rifle on a rickety card table?

Bullets do ricochet off water, so don't shoot if someone is cruising along in a boat. The far shore looks plenty far away to be safe from ricochets from all but the most powerful rifle rounds. 50BMG, .338 Lapua etc.

If you enjoyed reading about "Unsafe Range?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!