IMG tag not working?

PDA

David Park
March 6, 2004, 11:39 PM
I tried to add an image to my post on this thread, but it showed up as a link instead:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68273&perpage=25&pagenumber=3

However, two days ago I successfully added an image to this thread:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69149

Weird. :scrutiny:

If you enjoyed reading about "IMG tag not working?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
March 8, 2004, 06:46 PM
http://www.sazan.net/dpark/images/gear/ar15_01.jpg

Mal H
March 8, 2004, 06:51 PM
I dunno what happened, David. I tried the IMG several different ways and with several different selections on the Post Reply page. All of them worked as they should. Let's call it a glitch.

BTW, I cut and pasted your exact img string from your post, so it's not a problem with a typo or anything of that nature.

:confused:

David Park
March 8, 2004, 09:43 PM
Thanks for looking into it, Mal.

David Park
March 8, 2004, 09:58 PM
Aha! I remember what I did differently in the post where my image didn't show up. Before I posted, I clicked "preview". In preview mode it only showed a link to the image. Once I had done that, the image wouldn't appear, even if I took the entire link out, posted, then edited the post and put the image back in. It's still weird, but at least now I know what not to do. :)

Mal H
March 8, 2004, 11:42 PM
I don't think that's the answer, at least it doesn't seem to be repeatable. I tried to make it fail with the preview function, but it still shows as an image even when it starts as a link and I change it back to an image. Still a glitch or a very transient bug.

[Added a little later]
If you look at your original post where the image won't work in the "Forum Rules" box you will see that {IMG} code is OFF. That is why the images aren't working. I'll look into what turned that switch off in that particular thread ....

[Meanwhile, back at the ranch]
Got it. That is in the new forum, as you know. It had image tags turned off in the entire forum. It should work now. As they say, you learn something new every day.

P95Carry
March 8, 2004, 11:51 PM
On this subject Mal .. I did have a prob today I think it was .. uploaded a pic attachment (eventually!) and went to ''img'' it's link but ... it just showed up on the page as a parsed URL ... despite when checking it under ''edit'' mode ... the ''img'' tags were there. In fact David and I both had this prob in consecutive posts IIRC. Treated it as glitch tho for most part.

Other odd thing .. I usually hot link to my pics on my server but ... just now and again add an attachment .. then, when I hit submit .. everything almost stalls. I watch for data transfer but it slows to zilch. Hit submit again .. and seem to get much same ... odd tho . I did this today and allowed plenty of time for post and attachment to upload .. seemingly with no success ... and then found I'd TRIPLE tapped ... oops .. very unintentional.

No sweat ... maybe a glich from my end. Don't attach often so daresay I'll survive!:p

Mal H
March 8, 2004, 11:58 PM
See my edited post above.

P95Carry
March 9, 2004, 12:01 AM
Gottcha Mal and thx.

I think tho my attachment gremlins are a different deal .. but as I said - no biggie most of the time.

:)

David Park
March 9, 2004, 12:09 AM
Thanks again, Mal. My picture is showing up in the thread now. Neat.

If you enjoyed reading about "IMG tag not working?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!