SBS possible project dilemma

PDA

Gato MontÚs
January 15, 2013, 12:01 PM
So who woulda thought that after purchasing my first NFA item I'd be gearing up for a second before the first even arrived!?:D Damn you guys and your picture threads!

So here's the deal; I'm in possession of my fathers 1970's 870 Wingmaster for which I have no purpose (not a hunter). It was taken care of quite well but used enough to the point that the bluing is worn off considerably on the magazine tube and the receiver. Everything else is fine, especially the functionality. Now, if I were to Form 1 it before getting her refinished would that limit my options for gunsmiths? I only need the receiver and mag tube done, so I would be sending off the stripped receiver only. If it is stripped may I utilize a regular smith for the job, or once it is registered must I use someone with a specific license to work on title II arms?

Also, if anyone knows a good smith who dabbles in shortening and rebeading barrels under 18 inches I'd love to hear of them.

If you enjoyed reading about "SBS possible project dilemma" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sam1911
January 15, 2013, 12:05 PM
Here's a post that might shed some light for you: http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost.php?p=8633512&postcount=24

Gato MontÚs
January 15, 2013, 12:38 PM
Yeah, that'd just about do it. Thanks Sam!

It's funny, I've become so reliant on this place for answers I wouldn't ever think to go to the ATF, you know, the source of all this.

If you enjoyed reading about "SBS possible project dilemma" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!