New York Discussion in Progress

PDA

Pages : [1] 2

Trent
January 15, 2013, 12:21 PM
http://assembly.state.ny.us/av/

They're debating the assault weapons ban NOW.

If you enjoyed reading about "New York Discussion in Progress" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MSgtEgress
January 15, 2013, 12:27 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/15/nyregion/new-york-legislators-hope-for-speedy-vote-on-gun-laws.html?partner=MYWAY&ei=5065&_r=1&
What the heck is a Military Feature? is Camo a military feature? If so my goose gun is NOW an assault shotgun. this is frickin nuts.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 12:30 PM
This debate on the floor is interesting.

The gun control advocate is getting grilled. Hard.

Russ Jackson
January 15, 2013, 12:36 PM
You can sit and watch your rights taken away.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 12:37 PM
HAHAHAH

There's no frigging LAW ENFORCEMENT exclusion.

They'll have to amend this bill in the future to give police offers back more than 7 rounds.

greenmtnguy
January 15, 2013, 12:47 PM
Nope, I think that any law enforcement officers should HAVE to comply with whatever the law requires of its citizens. Wouldn't want the possibility of a retired LEO or anyone else from getting their hands on one of those highly dangerous 10 (or more) round magazines a year down the road, now, would we?!?

OK, sarcasm off. But seriously, I think the police will all make a big complaint and it will serve to highlight the stupidity of those who rammed this lame-brained bill through in the middle of the night.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 12:51 PM
Security guards and other types are NOT exempted under this bill, they only plan on making peace officers exempt.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 12:54 PM
Steve Katz is blasting them for circumventing New York constitution on proper vetting of bills.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 12:56 PM
HAHA

YOU CAN BET that this bill will make ME a criminal because before I leave for work to come upstate and represent my constituents, I *WILL* leave more than 7 bullets in my gun for my wife to protect herself with.

Steve Katz is pounding them.

Jorg Nysgerrig
January 15, 2013, 01:07 PM
Dan Losquadro is doing a good job discussing this.

Russ Jackson
January 15, 2013, 01:08 PM
Thieves in the night.

raddiver
January 15, 2013, 01:09 PM
Jorg,
Now that he's debating the bill he is. Before that on the clarification, it was just semantics.

freyasman
January 15, 2013, 01:32 PM
Is there any way to watch this other than the OP's link? I'm not having any luck with the streaming video...

Trent
January 15, 2013, 01:42 PM
James Tedisco is knocking it out of the bloody park.

Oh my god.

This guy is GOOD.

Grassman
January 15, 2013, 01:44 PM
James Tedisco is knocking it out of the bloody park.

Oh my god.

This guy is GOOD.
+1..... it will fall on deaf ears.

raddiver
January 15, 2013, 01:46 PM
Now Tedisco is doing a good job in my opinion.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 01:46 PM
Oh man that guy needs to run for President.

He's GOOD.

dom1104
January 15, 2013, 01:51 PM
This is so awesome.

Next up is "Public Hearing: The Impact of New York State's "I Love New York" Brand Redevelopment"

I can watch New Yorkers have their guns taken away in real time, and nobody seems to know what they are talking about.

"If you have a magazine with only seven bullets, it will limit the number of people you can unlawfully kill."

"What should a home owner do in a home invasion scenario?"

"Change the clip, and call the cops."

bigfatdave
January 15, 2013, 01:52 PM
Who's the idiot who defends a 7x limit by saying that the home-defender can "change the clip"?

Does that booger-eating moron NOT realize that criminals can "change the clip", too?

And I'm donating to Tedisco's campaign fund!
EDIT: That's McLaughlin, I think.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 01:53 PM
Doesn't that equally apply to people killing people mercilessly?

BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG

Change clip

Change clip

Change clip

(Cops are still 5 minutes away)

Change clip

Change clip

Skribs
So they recognize that a homeowner can reload, but not the criminal? When it is likely the homeowner will only have one mag loaded, and the criminal will bring a backpack full?

Grassman
Steven Mclaughlin nails it!!

Grassman
January 15, 2013, 01:54 PM
So they recognize that a homeowner can reload, but not the criminal? When it is likely the homeowner will only have one mag loaded, and the criminal will bring a backpack full?
Yeah, don't think the gun grabber liked that on! He got owned.

Jorg Nysgerrig
January 15, 2013, 01:55 PM
Who's the idiot who defends a 7x limit by saying that the home-defender can "change the clip"?

That was just mind-boggling. The 7-round limit will prevent a bad guy from illegally hurting a lot of people, but a good guy can just swap clips.

phoglund
January 15, 2013, 01:56 PM
Listening to the debate in the New York State Assembly, the current discussion is about a limit change from 10 rounds to 7 rounds in a magazine. The opponent asked why, the reply was, "So you can illegally kill fewer people with one magazine." Note, if you already owned a magazine that carried 10 rounds, all you had to do to comply with the law is only put 7 rounds in the magazine.

Can these people really not see the disconnect??

I mean, what's the likely hood if you were going to perpetrate an illegal killing...you would only put 7 rounds in the magazine, so you didn't break the law?

lobo9er
January 15, 2013, 01:56 PM
sad state of affairs we are in. this is very interesting

bigfatdave
January 15, 2013, 01:57 PM
That was just mind-boggling. The 7-round limit will prevent a bad guy from illegally hurting a lot of people, but a good guy can just swap clips.
too stupid to drive or vote, but the people of NY elected him!
Who is he? He needs to be watched to determine if he is evil or stupid?

lobo9er
January 15, 2013, 01:57 PM
"for a fee"

what a joke

bigfatdave
January 15, 2013, 02:00 PM
"I don't think they're clamoring for ten bucks, Joe, with all the paperwork and records ..."

So the wannabe tyrant is "Joe"
Last name?

bigfatdave
January 15, 2013, 02:01 PM
why is "joe" rocking back and forth?
does he need to potty?

bigfatdave
January 15, 2013, 02:02 PM
Caught it!

Joseph R. Lentol
assembly.state.ny.us/mem/Joseph-R-Lentol

This guy needs to be watched carefully.

mrvco
January 15, 2013, 02:04 PM
I just think it is funny to image "bad guys" only bringing "legal" 7-round mags to do crimes.

"Joe, I'm not telling you again, if you bring another 10-round mag to one of our bank jobs, YOU'RE OUT OF THIS GANG FOR GOOD!!!"

Grassman
January 15, 2013, 02:04 PM
Caught it!

Joseph R. Lentol
assembly.state.ny.us/mem/Joseph-R-Lentol

This guy needs to be watched carefully.
This guys thought are dangerous.

lobo9er
January 15, 2013, 02:06 PM
they just admitted it was in the car again!

Trent
January 15, 2013, 02:07 PM
Arroyo is getting on my nerves.

Learn to speak proper English, please.

bigfatdave
January 15, 2013, 02:07 PM
Now Carmen Arroyo is up - she seems to think that the people in CT would have been A-OK if CT had a 7x limit?

Because kids and unarmed teachers are immune to flying lead in numbers less than 8?

bigfatdave
January 15, 2013, 02:08 PM
Arroyo is getting on my nerves.

wait a minute ... is she being skeptical?

BTW, we're a nation of immigrants, her accent is no worse than the Brooklyn accent from some of these legislature-things

Apachedriver
January 15, 2013, 02:09 PM
What Arroyo is spewing is going to make me puke...However no reason to go to this:

bigfatdave
January 15, 2013, 02:09 PM
Andy Goodell now up
asking questions about confiscation - pointing out that the guns actually exist out in the wild

bigfatdave
January 15, 2013, 02:13 PM
Andy Goodell now pinging on Joseph R. Lentol RE: actual murder statistics

bigfatdave
January 15, 2013, 02:14 PM
Joseph R. Lentol repeating the "one death is too many" trope

Andy Goodell:
"11 times more people killed by subways than by rifles"

HA!

Trent
January 15, 2013, 02:14 PM
So if we have 1 million owners with these guns, and there were fewer than 5 murders committed with these types of weapons, doesn't that mean these weapons are safer than automobiles?

11 times more people were killed by our SUBWAYS than these rifles!

This guy is good too.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 02:15 PM
What Arroyo is spewing is going to make me puke...However no reason to go to this:

You are correct, sir, my apologies.

bigfatdave
January 15, 2013, 02:16 PM
Joseph R. Lentol thinks that "safe storage" would have stopped Sandy Hook

Because when the plan for the day is "murder mom, take guns, kill a bunch of kids" just screeches to a halt when the guns are in a locked cabinet

bigfatdave
January 15, 2013, 02:18 PM
Andy Goodell:
"why does an adjustable stock make a rifle more dangerous?"

Joseph R. Lentol:
paraphrased by me "because state police say so!"

Andy Goodell:
"why does a thumbhole stock make a rifle more dangerous?"

Joseph R. Lentol:
paraphrased by me "because state police say so!"

===

So Lentol doesn't know what the hell he's talking about, it seems.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 02:19 PM
"So statistics show that over 70% of weapons recovered from murders came from out of state sources. So out of these 5 murders with rifles, we're really talking about MAYBE preventing ONE murder with this law? MAYBE?"

bigfatdave
January 15, 2013, 02:22 PM
moving on to mental health - I have to get back to the grind

please keep up the commentary, guys

lobo9er
January 15, 2013, 02:25 PM
who the heck would have voted in the Kavanagh guy. why is everyone that is a liberal "wormy"

Trent
January 15, 2013, 02:26 PM
Kavanaugh up.

"Limits are possible"

Therefore we limit.

That's his logic.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 02:28 PM
who the heck would have voted in the Kavanagh guy. why is everyone that is a liberal "wormy"

While I might agree with you, he has a right to speak his mind in that nasally voice, even if we don't agree with him.

tarosean
January 15, 2013, 02:28 PM
"So out of these 5 murders with rifles, we're really talking about MAYBE preventing ONE murder with this law? MAYBE?"

But but it's an evil black rifle...

This is absurd...

goldie
January 15, 2013, 02:29 PM
This is some quotes by Thomas Jefferson, i guess they dont mean anything anymore; "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria, Criminologist in 1764. That was 230 years ago. -Thomas Jefferson

"The constitutions of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves;
that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; that they are entitled to freedom of person, freedom of religion, freedom of property and freedom
of the press." Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.-Thomas Jefferson

I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive.-Thomas Jefferson

Trent
January 15, 2013, 02:29 PM
"Law abiding citizens are those who follow what this legislature in it's wisdom decides is appropriate for them"

Wow.

EDIT: I recant my previous statement, this guy is a worm crawling through the diseased flesh of the New York General Assembly.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 02:31 PM
HAHAHAHA

"New York City is virtually the safest place in the country"

WHAT????!?!!

I can't believe he just said that.

I mean.. WOW.

lobo9er
January 15, 2013, 02:31 PM
NYC is the safest place in the state? LOL hahahaha this is saturday night live but its not so its sad.

GlockFan
January 15, 2013, 02:34 PM
Good luck to you all from an Illinoisan here. I just read a story on the new proposal. I thought we had it bad. Hope the cancer on the east coast doesn't spread.

Pointshoot
January 15, 2013, 02:35 PM
This New Yorker gets it & proved it at that assembly.

NY Senator Greg Ball -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2rRSUEaLKvA

lobo9er
January 15, 2013, 02:48 PM
OH MY GOD. One gun for one gun. I'll tell you I am beside myself.

who is this guy talking that said this?

Trent
January 15, 2013, 02:54 PM
This guy makes me want to do ugly things.

Rep Abinanti.

"I would take ALL of the guns if I could. This is a compromise and you should be happy we aren't doing more right now."

"I would publish ALL gun owners home addresses, allowing exemptions for Law Enforcement undercover officers."

KMatch
January 15, 2013, 02:55 PM
OH MY GOD. One gun for one gun. I'll tell you I am beside myself.

who is this guy talking that said this?
"Every" woman he's spoken with, according to him. "1 bullet for one gun", wait for them to enter while calling the police. Yeah, that'll keep'em safe... Really, it shouldn't be a problem since the bad guys have the same strict limits. Oh, and since they only attack one at time.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 02:56 PM
"Those who support putting an end to gun violence will CONTINUE to push forward. However I move that the assembly affirm this bill today."

Trent
January 15, 2013, 02:57 PM
Corwin.

"We're solving a problem. A very BIG problem."

Really? 5 or fewer homicides is a big problem?

She's pretty, but all I hear is ugly.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 02:58 PM
"The Connecticut shooting was the impetus for this debate. But this bill wouldn't solve what happened in Connecticut."

Wait.. is she arguing FOR or AGAINST?

KMatch
January 15, 2013, 02:59 PM
Corwin. She's hot! She's SMART! Her argument should be repeated over and over - "These laws wouldn't have prevented Newtown shootings"

Trent
January 15, 2013, 02:59 PM
"I appreciate that a lot of people put a lot of time and energy in to solving this problem, but the bill doesn't come close to solving the problem. The bill simply infringes on the rights of law abiding gun owners."

OH MAN! She IS pretty!

I'd kiss her.

"It's really the shooter that's the problem, not the weapon"

When she started I thought she was going to be anti.

THAT is a solid tactic to make your message not fall on deaf ears.

Make them think you support it and then BAM.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 03:02 PM
Crouch up.

Starting with pistol grips of military style weapons.

Apachedriver
January 15, 2013, 03:04 PM
State Police wrote the bill.

???

KMatch
January 15, 2013, 03:06 PM
Lentil is an idiot. He's making law, but has NO clue as it's all based on other's input he simply cut and pasted into a bill. No clue on exactly how a pistol grip makes a gun more dangerous? Hint: Because it doesn't. /hint off

Grassman
January 15, 2013, 03:09 PM
Hey New York.....These people are running your state! Be afraid, be very afraid! Some of these guys and gals are just plain unAmerican! WOW

SuperNaut
January 15, 2013, 03:16 PM
Lentol has been in office since 1972. New Yorkers simply love this guy, they've been re-electing him for decades.

Matthew Temkin
January 15, 2013, 03:19 PM
Let me get this straight----we can keep our 10 round magazines, but can only put 7 bullets into it.
Gee--I sure hope the bad guys will do the same.
( Of course maybe next year we will have to use single shot flintlocks)
If one citizen is killed because he/she ran out of ammunition then I hope the politicians who voted for this will at least have some sense of shame.
Think I am being unreasonable about bringing this up?
Last week a Georgia mom locked herself in her crawl space and fired all 6 shots from her .38 revolver into a really bad guy.
A bad guy who was coming after her and her twin 9 year old twins.
She hit him 5 times at point blank range ( which is about 40% better than most cops)
Even after taking 5 rounds he still was mobile--lucky for her he decided to get out of Dodge instead of continuing the attack.
This law must be challenged in court as back door anti self defense legislation. I look forward to contacting my representatives, such as Ms. Marchione, and fight the good fight.

psyopspec
January 15, 2013, 03:20 PM
This is simultaneously surreal, dark, and insightful into the nature of the way the discussion may be treated in other states and in the media. Thanks for the link Trent.

tarosean
January 15, 2013, 03:22 PM
^ I would use some other terms but this THR... It will pass and they do not care about any facts. Period, the end...

Silent Bob
January 15, 2013, 03:23 PM
This definitely goes to show the anti-gunners will not always be happy with a ten-round limit, doesn't it?

dom1104
January 15, 2013, 03:23 PM
I just made the personal decision to sell out my collection.

The idiots have come, they are winning, we have lost, and I am not going to leave that kind of money on the table.

"You do not wanna have 8 or 9 bullets in what will be your families next meal".

Holy.. crap.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 03:24 PM
No problem, psyop. I'm studying this closely because Illinois is going to be going down this same road when the new legislature convenes.

I'm listening more to the anti- arguments, than the pro- arguments (I already KNOW those). I'm looking for a complete dissection of their logic so it can be countered readily.

Quick Shot xMLx
This Glick women should be in prison. Calls the NYPD "highly trained":rolleyes:

SuperNaut
Don't Republicans hold a Majority in the NY Senate? I don't want to hear that Republicans are 2A friendly ever again.

Russ Jackson
January 15, 2013, 03:25 PM
Glick is unreal. The foolish talk is mind blowing. No wonder NY is so messed up.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 03:26 PM
Glick is getting seriously on my nerves.

Her arguments are so whacked out and flawed ...

dom1104
January 15, 2013, 03:26 PM
Did she just say we have to worry about pastors and bible study leaders, because they might flip out and kill their families?

Quick Shot xMLx
January 15, 2013, 03:27 PM
Don't Republicans hold a Majority in the NY Senate? I don't want to hear that Republicans are 2A friendly ever again.
I consider myself libertarian(voted for RP in primaries, GJ in general election) but lets be fair here. This is NY. A Com Bloc Republican is a Democrat with a different letter next to their name. Look at Mittens, Guliani, Pataki, Christie. Every one of these guys would run as a Democrat in real America.

raddiver
I dont think Glick understand logic.

Trent
We try to respond to what is happening in our society today, not look back a hundred years ago and say that there were no police departments, there were no people who lived anywhere near you, so the second amendment says you can have a gun, but that gun, uh, you know, isn't going to be able to spray 10 bullets in to a small crowd in a parking lot in Arizona. And in Arizona you can carry guns. But there are places that have a symbol with that sign that bans guns. So these are reasonable restrictions so I urge people to think about the greater good and vote in the affirmative."

-Rep Glick

(I type fast, but that was hard to keep up with)

Trent
January 15, 2013, 03:29 PM
Tenney up.

Another cute blonde who's pro-gun.

psyopspec
January 15, 2013, 03:29 PM
No problem, psyop. I'm studying this closely because Illinois is going to be going down this same road when the new legislature convenes.

The most objective/unemotional recurring point made by those speaking against are to continue pointing out that the bill does not address the fears that gun control advocates keep bringing up.

SuperNaut
January 15, 2013, 03:33 PM
I consider myself libertarian(voted for RP in primaries, GJ in general election) but lets be fair here. This is NY. A Com Bloc Republican is a Democrat with a different letter next to their name. Look at Mittens, Guliani, Pataki, Christie. Every one of these guys would run as a Democrat in real America.
I understand what you are saying but I also strongly suspect that this same scenario will be played out in other states, with a similar batch of "leaders" that have "R's" next to their names.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 03:36 PM
Right. As brought up earlier, the bill affects (statistically) one murder a year, at most. (5 murders with rifles, 70+% of weapons used in murders sourced from outside the state).

It doesn't stop anything that would have caused a bit of difference in Aurora, Connecticut, or pretty much any other shooting that's happened in the last 100 years.

Why?

No background checks or ownership checks or even "can I see your driver's license" to purchase a high capacity magazine from anywhere else in the country.

Or printing your own (see video circulating today showing a printed 30 round AR magazine functioning flawlessly)

Or cutting the feed lips off and tacking together 3 10 round magazines to make a ~25(ish) round magazine.

Or buying an 80% AR receiver (unregulated), a placement jig, and a drill press and making an AR-15 firearm from scratch. (Which can be accomplished for UNDER $500, including 80% receiver, placement jig, and a harbor freight drill press).

Or ignoring the fact that securing your firearms won't prevent the theft. Plenty of safes are stolen right out of homes, or cut open with a gas operated cutting tool.

Or ignoring the fact that over 1 million banned guns are still in private hands inside the state borders, any of which could be stolen and used in a crime.

etc...

Trent
January 15, 2013, 03:38 PM
I understand what you are saying but I also strongly suspect that this same scenario will be played out in other states, with a similar batch of "leaders" that have "R's" next to their names.

Yup.

Fear the domino effect. If this goes though, it's going to inspire and embolden California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, etc.

That's the problem with slippery slope.

"Well, look, they did it and got away with it."

It was eluded to earlier, that the "leverage" the anti's had against the pro's was the pending release of ALL private gun owner's home addresses to the media.

Skribs
January 15, 2013, 03:43 PM
No background checks or ownership checks or even "can I see your driver's license" to purchase a high capacity magazine from anywhere else in the country.

Or face-to-face from someone anywhere, as that can't be enforced.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 03:44 PM
Saladino up.

Off to a shakey start.

Skribs
January 15, 2013, 03:46 PM
By the way, I'm not watching; just using this thread as a highlight reel.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 03:48 PM
"We should make sure that our legislation solves the problems, especially when we're talking about restricting constitutional rights"

Good point by Saldino.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 03:49 PM
Ryan up.

"I currently own a shotgun which is a semiautomatic which holds 5 shells. Would this be {restricted by this bill}"

"No"

"This really doesn't affect sportsmen at all, because we're currently only limited to shotguns which hold 5 or fewer shots"

"Yes that's correct"

What a crock.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 03:50 PM
Coretto up.

"In the last 24 hours I got a text message from my staff members and about 400 of my constituents have {called/e-mailed} and what they're saying is interesting enough are saying they are against this bill. Not ONE has said they are in favor of it."

Trent
January 15, 2013, 03:52 PM
"I don't like this process, I don't like that my constituents don't have an opportunity to make their voices heard {in such a short period of time}"

"I'm troubled by this process. I'm troubled by the process that this is such an important amendment this second amendment."

"Our forefathers {laid down these amendments} and THEY deserve more time to discuss actions in the process of government."

KMatch
January 15, 2013, 03:52 PM
Ryan's shotgun wasn't affected so he sat down satisfied. Thars a Fudd for ya.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 03:54 PM
Fahy (D) 109th

Rises as a new co-sponsor.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 03:55 PM
"I too was troubled by the process, this is far from a perfect processs... for two reason it's important to go forward with this imperfect process because it's important to go forward rapidly. I've seen {gun control} beat back by lobbying for decades and if {we don't hurry this will happen again}"

Trent
January 15, 2013, 03:56 PM
(Sorry for the paraphrasing, quicker to type when someone talks too fast for me to keep up with.)

"It is very much a common sense approach and many steps in the right direction."

KMatch
January 15, 2013, 03:57 PM
Fahy believes it's more important to push these thru QUICK, rather than accurate. Your credibility is now shot.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 03:58 PM
Stec up.

In order ot change the zoning code in our town, it required a 10 day notice and a public hearing. Here we're talking about something that affects the bill of rights.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 03:59 PM
Stec is quoting all of the forefathers.

"However I find that the shackling of the second amendment goes too far {and is unacceptable to me}"

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:01 PM
Walters up.

The tragic mass murders in newtown broke all of our hearts....{father stuff}

When emotions are that high, it's even more important to take a step back, and thoroughly discuss and analyze an important issue like this, but that didn't happen here. The process was rushed and people of this state were shortchanged.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:03 PM
Walters quoting statistics now in opposition of the ban.

psyopspec
Walter - When emotions are that high it becomes more important to take a step back...

This is something I've personally noted too. As a collective, we as a country don't make the best decisions when we react by emoting on fear/anger/anguish. One of the primary lessons of my adult civic life, and a point of agreement I've come to with even with friends who aren't pro-gun.

jrmiddleton425
The people speaking are 2 to 1 AGAINST this.

SleazyRider
January 15, 2013, 04:04 PM
Walters is doing a good job, but why do I get the feeling nobody is listening?

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:04 PM
Yes, middleton, you're correct.

Whether that is relevant to the final vote tally remains to be seen.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:06 PM
Barron up.

Expressing emotional pain.

Time to look to have those measures in place that will improve the conditions that citizens have..

... but I have concerns about the {speed this is going}

They're losing some moderates.

bigfatdave
January 15, 2013, 04:06 PM
The people speaking are 2 to 1 AGAINST this. Is there a silent group that outnumbers them?

===

Trent, if you're watching the whole thing and keeping notes, who stood out on the rights side?
I know I'm donating to a couple already, do you have the list of best/worst?

===

They're losing some moderates.

good

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:07 PM
{"building aid" sidebar on metal detectors and such}

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:08 PM
Earlier on I wasn't earmarking everyone. (Was listening while working on a server, now my full attention is on the topic, except for my noisy kid that just got home from school)

All 5+ hours (and counting) of video are archived and can be viewed at your leisure on the link I provided at the top of this thread.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:11 PM
Barron back up.

She's angry about security and social program funding not going to where it's needed (gang reduction, etc).

Unknown which way she's leaning.

Palmesano up.

Asking about fees for renewal A> no fees for renewal.

Any language that would prohibit the addition of the fee in the future. A> No, nothing authorizes it either.

Sate police database. Will the state assume all of the costs. A> Yes, that cost is minimal. Hundreds of thousands not millions. State will bear all costs.

Questions done. Speaking on the bill now.

cauldron
January 15, 2013, 04:11 PM
Even the people that are in favor say that the bill isn't perfect, or does not do enough, or needs work.

The arguments that it would not have changed a thing at the mass shootings are nice, but I think anyone supporting it knows this already, and does not care.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:12 PM
He's objecting to the process of the bill, to rush it, circumveting the vetting process, in an era of openness.

It seems like it only works when it's convenient.

Without public vetting it's unfortunate.

To rush this bill without any public hearings just to say we're the first it he nation to make a political statement on an issue that impacts the rights of our citizens is unfortunate.

psyopspec
January 15, 2013, 04:13 PM
Do we know whether this will culminate in a vote today? I have a webcast I need to follow for work but will continue viewing the thread for highlights.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:14 PM
"the second amendment is not about hunting; those individuals benefit, but the second amendment is about {home defense}."

(Sigh. Close.)

Psyopspec- a vote today is mandated by governor order.

cauldron
January 15, 2013, 04:14 PM
ANY political decisions made in a hurry, are never good.

and I almost never make absolute statements. :)

But this thing is skipping so many normal procedures..

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:15 PM
Unfortunately I have a concall in 15 mins, and will be offline for about an hour.

Someone else carry on?

cauldron
January 15, 2013, 04:17 PM
NOBODY, including me, types as fast as you...

But we'll see what we can do.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:19 PM
Blankenbush up

(Missed first couple minutes of him, trying to get this meeting rescheduled to tomorrow! :)

Talking about shooting incidents.

cauldron
January 15, 2013, 04:19 PM
Blankenbush R 117th district, is talking about how all the mass shooters were on prescribed drugs. LOTS of examples going back into the '80s

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:20 PM
cauldron I'm juggling 2 tech support tickets, supporting on site installation team, and trying to reschedule a packet capture concall with a third party vendor until tomorrow...

I type > 130wpm but still, tough to keep up with human speech.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:21 PM
Yay concall/packet capture moved to tomorrow at 3PM.

Still supporting an on site team in another window.

How did blankenbush end up?

Skribs
I had a Vietnam War History professor in college that made the statement that dictatorships work, and they work fast. Democracy shouldn't be snail-slow like it is at times, but there shouldn't be a rush, either.

cauldron
It's ok. Some of them can't be %100 human anyway...

KMatch
January 15, 2013, 04:22 PM
Blankenbush quoting the drug article I posted a while back. Another R attacking the problem and not the tool. The Ds naturally are attacking the tools. (yawn) What's the head count of R versus D here? I've only seen one rep go against their side and he was a Fudd.

Skribs
January 15, 2013, 04:22 PM
Trent, just tell them to reboot 3 times.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:23 PM
Barclay up

Asking if a specific gun would be outlawed.

Bringing up violent video games, and media sensationalism, asking if bill covers those issues.

A> No it doesn't.

End of questioning.

cauldron
January 15, 2013, 04:23 PM
Barclay asking about violent media... The bill does not cover it

KMatch
January 15, 2013, 04:25 PM
Lentol: "We're one of the states in the union that people follow". Seriously? Who follows? I challenge him to walk off a pier and wait for me to follow him.

cauldron
January 15, 2013, 04:26 PM
The Honorable slow typist yields the thread to Trent...:neener:

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:27 PM
Trent, just tell them to reboot 3 times.

Lol the web server is down and the mayor is literally breathing down my neck. Dude, what's with your icons?!!!

Love that short video.

Mclaughlkn up:

Lentol "We're trying to accomodate gun owners in this legislation"

Questioner "but that accomodation didn't allow you to pass the gun on to an heir"

Lentol "not if they reside in new york"

Talking about lists.

Mclaughlin: "It sure does have an ability to dampen a discussion when it leads to confiscation"

Talking about airline piloting now.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:28 PM
"We should have given this the respect it deserves... it is an abuse of power, it is disrespectful."

(talking about the method of pushing this through)

He's strongly against.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:29 PM
Anecdotal - that woman in Georgia that shot the guy 5 times in the face and neck with the revolver, is so frigging famous now. Her recent event has been quoted at least a half dozen times today.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:30 PM
"5 out of 6 bullets didn't get the job done"

"I'd like ONE person to explain to me how one bullet and a call to the cops will stop an attacker"

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:32 PM
"making the same weapon and wrapping it in a nice pretty wood stock doesn't change the performance"

"we're legislating by a scary appearance"

"5 homicides were done with long guns, so once again I believe the criminals will laugh at this law, they won't pay any attention to this. Assault weapons aren't the chioce of instrument for gangbangers and criminals, handguns are. But you aren't going after those YET. But i know that day is coming"

On to a drug argument, mental health.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:35 PM
My early prediction; gonna be close.

Pro-gun reps are getting a LOT more airtime today than anti-gun. At least 3-4 times as much.

McLaughlin again "Abuse of power."

"In the end gun control is counterproductive. Harvard studies, CDC, no connection. There's a COUNTER connection. Statistical proof that gun ownership increases, murder and suicide decreases."

"We respect the rights of hunters, what about respect for those who defend their families. You're telling people "suck it up put 7 rounds inthe gun, if that don't work call the cops."

"How DARE you put new yorkers at risk, y don't have the right, THEY have the god given right to defend their families. If they CHOOSE to hae one bullet and throw an empty gun at their attacker, that's their choice. But you have NO RIGHT to remove firearms from law abiding citizens."

cauldron
January 15, 2013, 04:36 PM
McLaughlin is doing awesome. Good points, and he sounds great. Very emotional. Does not sound like he's reading off a cue card.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:37 PM
Last up, Mr. Jordan.

Progun from previous testimony.

Questioning Lentel again.

Vote is close guys.

Jordan bringing up technicalities in high capacity magazines. 10+ rd. Mags banned immediately. Mags holding 7-10 banned in 90 days.

Police are not exempt from that provision in this law. And if yes how so.

"We believe they are by general language that exists in sec. 265 in the penal law but we have a chapter amendment that will correct this"

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:38 PM
still mr. jordan;

Possession of guns on school grounds.

Nothing exempts police from possession of guns on school grounds.

Lentel says "it falls on 3505 justification section but we're gonna fix that"

It appears that Law Enforcement will not be allowed to bring weapons on school grounds without a legislative fix.

Silent Bob
January 15, 2013, 04:39 PM
Wow, they really thought this through LOL.

razorback2003
January 15, 2013, 04:40 PM
How does a governor mandate what the legislative branch does? Isn't that a separate branch of government or is this guy basically playing as a dictator?

Skribs
Trent, the thing is they ARE going after handguns with a 8+ magazine ban. Unless that only applies to rifles.

Trent
Jordan still

Failure to register. Suggests that failure to register is a misdemeanor in one section. Then 41-a contradicts this an makes it a felony.

Lentel: It's a little confusing; misdemeanor to not register. You have a 30 day period to cure, if you fail to do that, it becomes a D felony. Sorry an E felony if you continue to possess.

"Except it reads it's a felony if you failure to register. I submit the way this bill has been written it puts the burden on the law abiding citizen has charges against them which will appear on thei {file report} forever, stigmatizing law abiding citizens."

Lentel: "the arrest does not appear on a rap sheet"

"Oh yes it does, it shows up if you run a file 15."

raddiver
January 15, 2013, 04:41 PM
OMG. So you dont register its a misdemeanor, then because you didnt register, and you have a gun its a felony. Now you've lost your RKBA forever. ASININE!

goldie
January 15, 2013, 04:41 PM
Give them a Heil Cuomo for me !

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:42 PM
VOTE

cauldron
January 15, 2013, 04:43 PM
VOTING.....:scrutiny:

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:44 PM
They're voting.

Speaking on their votes now.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:46 PM
Robinson (D) 56th - This is a state of emergency.. blah blah.. soap box time on school funding..

(supporting legislation)

Neext...

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:47 PM
Cahill (D) 103 - "reasonable legislation is within our power and is our duty"

on soapbox against pro-gun proponents

KMatch
January 15, 2013, 04:49 PM
Does every single voter have a speech?? Seriously?? Vote, people! Place your mark in the N column.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:49 PM
Butler (R) - process was rushed, flaws in the bill. Foremost among concerns protecting second amendment of legal gun owners.

skeeziks
January 15, 2013, 04:51 PM
So I guess this means I'll have to sell off my M627.... :banghead:

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:51 PM
Butler negative.

Lavine (D) 13th: After mass killings at ... blahblahblah... for the children.. blahblahblah.. we can no longer stay the course, we have learned that more guns equals more madness... I agree it's feel good legislation, it will feel good to know that {stuff} can no longer be sold in the state of new york.

Hoppy
January 15, 2013, 04:52 PM
Levine: It will FEEL GOOD! :barf:

won't do anything though...

goldie
someone is actually thinking reasonable(butler)

Trent
Lavine - affirmative. "Those who wrote the second amendment pledged their lives, sacred honor and fortunes. It is incomprehensible, impossible to imagine, that those who worte the constitution would ever be so complacent as to tolerate the mss killings that occur in this nation far to often."

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:54 PM
My favorite guy so far, Tedisco up.

(R) 112th.

You're making law abiding gun owners criminals. And a byproduct is to create a false sense of security.

He's yelling at the people now.

bigfatdave
well, except for killing big masses of their ruling class of the day and the soldiers those rulers hired

Skribs
Skeeziks, I don't *think* it affects revolvers. Not sure though.

Trent, I think Lavine is partially right with that quote. Someone who commited mass murder back then wouldn't be spared the death penalty because he's too obese to die or some nonsense like that. They would have made sure that the person received a punishment (not cruel and unusual) suitable to the crime.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:55 PM
"You're gonna die. That's what you're telling your constituents."

Buzzer time is up.

He's going on.

He's not stopping lol!

bigfatdave
January 15, 2013, 04:55 PM
the founding fathers were pretty much OK with mass killings ... ...
... ... of tyrants

MErl
January 15, 2013, 04:56 PM
Did Levine really admit it is useless legislation but vote for it anyway to feel good?

razorback2003
I guess handgun registration and licensure was not enough or the first AWB in NY.

Trent
They cut him off. A HUGE no from him.

Weinstein up (D) 41st. Talking about abusers of women being more likely to kill women with firearms.

(As opposed to people who don't abuse women being less likely to kill women with firearms? Huh?)

Oh god shut her up. Domestic violence is already addressed.

Affirmative.

Russ Jackson
January 15, 2013, 04:57 PM
How will New Yorkers respond?

Trent
January 15, 2013, 04:58 PM
Al Graf up (R) 5th.

Flawed legislation. Rushed legislation.

"this is a bill of missed opportunities"

bigfatdave
Weinstein up (D) 41st. Talking about abusers of women being more likely to kill women with firearms.

(As opposed to people who don't abuse women being less likely to kill women with firearms? Huh?) As opposed to women killed with knives
As opposed to women killed with blunt-force weapons
As opposed to women killed with bare hands
As opposed to women killed with poison
As opposed to women killed with falling anvils
As opposed to women killed with sabatoged vehicles

freyasman
Its hard for me to believe that we are all Americans; seriously, some of these people's views and outlooks are so completely foreign to me, that I really worry about our collective future as a society. I can't imagine ever being able to have ANY kind of intelligent, rational discussion with folks like this. Sad....:(

lobo9er
January 15, 2013, 04:59 PM
anyone have a tally?

KMatch
They're pretty obvious - Rs, you'll all die - Ds, you'll feel better about it! Real comforting, people.

Trent
How will New Yorkers respond?

Depends on how this (rather painfully long) vote goes on.

It appears each vote gets ~3 minutes. I'm timing the next speaker from start t buzzer to figure this out, this might take HOURS to complete.

Graf is negative.

goldie
January 15, 2013, 05:00 PM
Our founding fathers burned witches at the stake,that was worse than just owning a gun...

dom1104
This is like watching liberty die in real time.

Trent
Rosenthal up (D) 67th

On the upper west side, we had rallies, etc etc..

We're passing the first bill in the nation to address the scourge of gun violence.

Proud to vote affirmative.

KMatch
I'm showing 5y-3n with a D speaking at the moment.

SleazyRider
January 15, 2013, 05:01 PM
Thank God these people are largely unaware of black powder firearms, because if they knew that they could be purchased without background checks or permits, they'd group them in with assault weapons for sure. This is a sad day for New York, and for the rest of the country as well.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 05:01 PM
So far votes are straight down party line.

(R) holds majority, there's at least a glimmer of hope.

lobo9er
January 15, 2013, 05:02 PM
Proliferation, UN talk.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 05:03 PM
Skitzen (D) 77th - defining moment in the history of new york (you got that right lady)

Something has to be done, this is a cross road, we must do something. "Enough is enough". Too many peopl ehave lost their lives at the hands of illegal guns (YOU ARE BANNING LEGAL ONES DUMMY)

I'm proud we're doing {blahblahblah} evil assault rifles {blahblahblah} to vote affirmative.

Lives of our children, because Martin Luther King, blah blah blah. Yes.

skeeziks
Oh, Wait...wait.... I think I can see Australia's taillights just up ahead.

raddiver
6(d)-3(r) with Gibson right?

Hoppy
January 15, 2013, 05:04 PM
Gibson: I don't agree with a word she says but she's one of the best speakers so far. Why can't she be on our side?

Trent
January 15, 2013, 05:05 PM
Depietro

R 147th

Quoting wisdom of founding fathers.

Learned today Government Cuomo and my colleagues do not believe in the constitution the bill of rights or civil rights law. They don't respect or care about the people's agenda, only our own.

It's clear this bill won't stop one criminal.. weakens our second amendment rights, this assembly should have put forth the best bill we could, we failed, instead this bill and assembly will forever be remembered as a ... flawed, self centered bill.. can't keep up.

NO.

MSgtEgress
Di Pietro is my hero

SleazyRider
I want to shake DiPietro's hand.

cauldron
January 15, 2013, 05:06 PM
Its all about Dr. MLK jr. He was for civil rights... So I'm voting against civil rights in his honor...:banghead:

Paraphrased...

The voting is along party lines so far

KMatch
January 15, 2013, 05:06 PM
So far votes are straight down party line.

(R) holds majority, there's at least a glimmer of hope.
What are the counts for each side? I saw some Rs were fence sitting leaning towards affirmative.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 05:07 PM
Ortiz D 51st

Danking Cuomo with issues on mental health issues, to attach this issue with the gun control it is incredibly important for the sate of New york to send a message while washington continues to work through the process, New york state is finishing the process.

chair of mental health committee, i'm proud to vote affirmative.

Hoppy
Ok, DiPietro did a good job. Forget Gibson..

Glad I don't live in NY, this is hard enough to watch not living there.

raddiver
I have 6 for and 4 against before Ortiz

lobo9er
January 15, 2013, 05:08 PM
I thought D held majority in the assembly, unfortunately.

psyopspec
January 15, 2013, 05:10 PM
Back on. Not heading home until this has an outcome. Riveted... Vote is for the ban 7-4 after Ortiz.

ETA: Maybe not... The Assembly has 150 members. Even if each only took two minutes, we're looking at 5 hours for an outcome. 100 Democrats, 49 Republicans, 1 Independent.

ngnrd
Freedom isn't dead yet. But this definitely feels like having a conversation with your doctor in which he says "the scans indicate that you have cancer".

It's horrifying. It's shocking. It's crushing. But, it is NOT the time to give up. Rather, it's the time to fight like you've never fought before.

Trent
Goodell

R 150th

We already banned assault weapons. While this increases it.. etc.. doesn't remove any weapons that are out there now. Every gun that is out there today will be lawful tomorrow. This bill does NOTHING. It doesn't take anything out of circulation. It requires about a million rifle owners to register their rifle. and if they don't they're subject to a class E felony. Every five years they have to renew and if they don't it's a misdemeanor.

Lets not delude ourselfs that this does anything about gun control because it DOESN'T. You can have a 10 bullet clip but you're only allowed to put 7 in? Anyone here actually think there's a criminal that'll stop at 7?

Negative vote.

raddiver
January 15, 2013, 05:11 PM
For: 7
Against: 5

Trent
January 15, 2013, 05:11 PM
L Wright
D 70th.

If we need a reason as to why we've been debating this bill.. today is the actual day of the birthday of the dr. martin luther king... blablabla.

Oh god.

I HAVE A DREAM. That we will eradicate all of these weapons of mass destruction.

Affirmative.

lobo9er
January 15, 2013, 05:12 PM
Well now Assault weapons are now "weapons of Mass Destruction"

Trent
January 15, 2013, 05:12 PM
Nojay:

R 133rd

dstilling what i take away from it, this bill affects those who do not commit crimes. and thos who commit rimes will not be affected.

Negative.

raddiver
January 15, 2013, 05:13 PM
For: 8
Against: 6

Trent
January 15, 2013, 05:14 PM
Perry

D 58th

Speaki about Iraq. Assembled a bunch of soldiers.. etc etc.

We did this because Iraq had weapons of mass destruction that threatened the security fo the world and we thought we had a responsibility to deny the right to possess those weapons

so why can my colleagues who think so strongly against this bll understand that if you put it in perspective a bushmaster assault weapon in a neighborhood like we live in is a weapon of mass destruction

he just compared AR-15's to nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons.

Affirmative. Sigh.

raddiver
January 15, 2013, 05:15 PM
For: 9

skeeziks
This morning I heard it termed "Assault Weapons of Mass Destruction." ~ :banghead:

cauldron
Yup.

another mention that rifles are "weapons of mass destruction."

Trent
January 15, 2013, 05:16 PM
A small point, but all minorities have voted affirmative at this point too (could play in when you count the on the line (R)'s).

Mosely
D 57th

More work to be done. The illegal gun crisis cannot be resolved overnight. Our families and children must be our first priorities and our actions will be necessary from all levels fog government we must be ... can't keep up.

FOR THE CHILDREN.

Affirmative.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 05:17 PM
Lentol to close:

D 50th.

I won't say very much. Blah blah blah thank you dr. Martin Luther King, shares my birthday, blah blah blah.

Affirmative.

raddiver
January 15, 2013, 05:17 PM
For: 11

Trent
January 15, 2013, 05:18 PM
Results:

Yes 104 no 43

New York has a new assault weapons ban.

This thread is over.

psyopspec
That's it!?!?! What a demonstration of the insidious we've seen today...

cauldron
well poop.

lobo9er
passed

KMatch
January 15, 2013, 05:19 PM
Bill passed. Not cool at all.

SleazyRider
I am officially ashamed of being a New Yorker.

glennv
You guys are <deleted>. But i'll donate towards the lawsuit.

raddiver
Crushing. Indeed a sad day.

Hoppy
January 15, 2013, 05:21 PM
NY, if they can make it there, they can make it anywhere...
Let's hope not.

I did a lot of shooting in upstate NY in college.
Sorry to the New Yorkers

SleazyRider
January 15, 2013, 05:21 PM
Thank you, Trent, for your hard work today.

SuperNaut
January 15, 2013, 05:22 PM
Now you know who to vote against at mid-terms

Skribs
I'm just wondering what the population density of Texas will be if the feds can pass an AWB and Texas secedes.

freyasman
Well, hell....

goldie
January 15, 2013, 05:23 PM
I knew it would go through.10 rd mag with only 7 bullets, what brain surgeon thought of this one? buy a corvette,but dont go over 65 mph.

psyopspec
January 15, 2013, 05:24 PM
With the makeup of the assembly containing 49 Republicans, but only 43 votes against the bill, I hope the NY staters on this thread can keep those individuals in mind and spread the word come election time (if it'll do any good).

Thank you, Trent, for your hard work today.

Seconded. Thank you, sir.

SleazyRider
You guys are <deleted>. But i'll donate towards the lawsuit.
No, WE are <deleted>.. Other states will follow, you'll see.

BHP FAN
I live out here on the Left Coast, and I mourn for youse guys.

Trent
January 15, 2013, 05:26 PM
Your welcome guys.

This was like watching a train wreck in extremely slow motion though, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to need therapy after 6 hours of watching this crap.

Jeff H
January 15, 2013, 05:27 PM
My condolences New Yorkers. Truly disguising.

goldie
January 15, 2013, 05:28 PM
One of the worst days in the history of fireams legislation,worse than 1994, thats for sure. a domino effect is sure to follow in other states!

Skribs
January 15, 2013, 05:30 PM
Trent, I got my degree in psychology. I'm perfectly willing to charge you to talk about your problems.

metalart
wow.

Trent
OK that's it for today, I'm gonna go kill the last 2 hours of daylight and fire some rounds off at the range in honor of 1 million New Yorkers.

I need downtime after watching this.

Seriously.

tyeo098
January 15, 2013, 05:32 PM
So I have to re-neuter my AR that I take to NY?
Or does this only affect magazines? (I have 10rdrs) Are prebans (ars/mags) affected?

metalart
January 15, 2013, 05:33 PM
severely re-neuter

sota
January 15, 2013, 05:38 PM
anyone from NY want to come shoot? I usually go on thursday mornings. I'll take 1 guest at a time.

freyasman
January 15, 2013, 05:39 PM
Trent, thanks for sharing the link. I'd join you in firing off a few rounds for those New Yorkers, (they've definitely got some hard times ahead), but right now I can't afford to waste the ammo....:banghead:

bigfatdave
January 15, 2013, 05:39 PM
Well.

I guess NY is seceding from the United States and setting up a little nation of their own, without that pesky Constitution to hamper the ruling class.

MasterShake
January 15, 2013, 05:41 PM
Does it limit 7 rounds to an AR or does it apply to every firearm?

skeeziks
First California...now N.Y. Who will be next?

MSgtEgress
Slezy Rider...me too

autospike
No, WE are <deleted>. Other states will follow, you'll see.
Those are my feelings.

TurtlePhish
January 15, 2013, 05:42 PM
I seriously hope this sees a court challenge in the near future.

skeeziks
January 15, 2013, 05:43 PM
I guess this means they'll "force" me to have 1 of the chambers in my 627 welded up so it can only hold 7.

pseudonymity
January 15, 2013, 05:47 PM
So I have to re-neuter my AR that I take to NY?
Or does this only affect magazines? (I have 10rdrs) Are prebans (ars/mags) affected?

Only if you visit in the next 60 days. After that you had better leave that AR and mags at home unless you want to experience the NY penal system. We get to register all "assault weapons" with the state, and we can not sell them to any other in state resident. We can transfer to another person in our immediate family, but if we die without the transfer taking place, that gun is likely to be destroyed unless an FFL is willing to escort it from the police storage and help somebody sell it out of state.

I have no words to express the bone deep shame that I have as a New York state resident. I have lived here all my life and right now I feel that it would have been better to have not lived at all than to have spent my life in this wretched, miserable, despicable state.

Highland Ranger
January 15, 2013, 05:50 PM
Do we have a summary of the changes?

I have:

- all guns limited to 7 rounds
- statewide re-registration of all handguns and grandfathered in assault weapons
- mental health professionals to report dangerous patients to county mental health officers for potential action
- provisions to suspend or revoke licenses for people found to pose a danger to themselves or others.
- monitoring of ammunition purchases on line and over the internet

goldie
January 15, 2013, 05:53 PM
^^Does that mean 10 rd mags with only 7 rounds can be used in it?

skeeziks
January 15, 2013, 05:55 PM
Now I'm serious.... What about my Revolvers that hold 8 rnds. or more?

desidog
January 15, 2013, 05:55 PM
Congratulations NY State Lawmakers!

How do you keep the children safe? Well, by making yesterday's law abiding citizen tomorrow's criminal!

Today, you've undercut the core fibers of the United States' Constitution, making inroads for further constriction of your rights.

People in violation of this BAN will require YOUR tax money to prosecute and jail.

Don't you just feel safer already?

lobo9er
January 15, 2013, 05:56 PM
so now what?

If you enjoyed reading about "New York Discussion in Progress" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!