5.45X39 Spam Cans Available

PDA

Okiegunner
January 15, 2013, 11:31 AM
As of 1/14/2013 J&G has 1080 round spam cans of 5.45X39 in stock. Price is $209.52 per can. I ordered two, on the off chance this old surplus stuff may not be around in the future. I think it is old Soviet stuff. This ammo is corrosive.

Thought some of you would like to know.

If you enjoyed reading about "5.45X39 Spam Cans Available" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nathan
January 15, 2013, 12:22 PM
Thanks. i got a can last december just before the Sandy Hook happened. It was $165 a can .

JustinJ
January 15, 2013, 12:44 PM
I've got some stored away but after reading about the toxicity of the stuff i try and stick with modern ammo. Supposedly this was a major concern for the West Germans after the wall came down.

1KPerDay
January 15, 2013, 12:46 PM
What about toxicity?

TurtlePhish
January 15, 2013, 03:52 PM
Crap, that's expensive. I hope it comes down soon.

And yeah, what about toxicity? That's the first time I've heard about that, and I've done quite a bit of casual research on 5.45x39.

M1key
January 15, 2013, 04:05 PM
He is referring to this thread: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=604296

M

1KPerDay
January 15, 2013, 04:12 PM
So... that thread is kinda inconclusive... is there any evidence that 7n6 is more "toxic" than any other ammo using standard or corrosive primers? I just bought a bunch of it so I'd kinda like to know for sure. :)

Okiegunner
January 15, 2013, 04:20 PM
Yes, the thread is very inconclusive.

Still glad I bought some of this ammo, if for no other reason than to keep it sealed up for emergency use. Though, it seems to me that even if there is a somewhat higher degree of toxicity to this ammo, shooting it outdoors should be fine.

1KPerDay
January 15, 2013, 04:29 PM
Which is banned in my area... they freaked out when there were a lot of wildfires last year (like 1% of which were caused by firearms).

Steel Horse Rider
January 15, 2013, 05:45 PM
Pretty much everything is known by the State of California to cause cancer, the legal system has forced virtually everyone into making statements with warnings and caveats that most people with common sense understood. Gunpowder is dangerous, the fumes from burned gunpowder are dangerous, the chemicals used in primers are dangerous, the lead, steel, copper, etc are dangerous. Will they have an actual impact on the health of an average shooter? Probably not. Will this be used as a reason to further limit ammunition, shooting, and guns in general? Probably....

M1key
January 15, 2013, 08:26 PM
Anyway, it's all sold out now...

M

If you enjoyed reading about "5.45X39 Spam Cans Available" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!