January 15, 2013, 01:16 PM
its called the cumberland
micarta scales
4 in closed
3 in blade of ats 34
416 liners
matt finish
enjoy!!!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "first folder offered by LoneSomePineknives" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Valkman
January 15, 2013, 03:56 PM
I like it! Price?

larry harley
January 15, 2013, 04:30 PM
350$

PRM
January 15, 2013, 06:18 PM
Nice knife... PRICE:what:

Yo Mama
January 15, 2013, 06:44 PM
3 in blade of ats 34

350$

So it's a type, and the 3 inch blade is really made out of gold?

hso
January 16, 2013, 12:43 AM
What's the pivot? Using washers or bushings?
What's the blade finish? Bead blasted or grit?
Are you and Richard building these or do you have gnomes working on them?

larry harley
January 16, 2013, 01:12 PM
i have elves!!! hillbilly elves...
the bushings r nytolon bead blasted finish.
richard has worked his ass of trying to get these and other models ready for the tv show to air

hso
January 16, 2013, 08:12 PM
So they're going to be featured on a Nat Geo show?

I'm going to assume you're talking about this? http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/lords-of-war/
http://www.tricities.com/news/local/article_53002112-5df6-11e2-8fe4-001a4bcf6878.html
I was drawn to the history involved in the show, said Harley, owner of Lonesome Pine Knives and known in some circles as The Hammer. My trips to the New York Knife Show over the years got my name out there. A video of me that got put up on YouTube also got me noticed. This guy knew this guy who knew a guy with the production team putting this show together. They interviewed me and we hit it off because our passions and our interests and what they had in mind for this show were just a dream for a guy like me. We get to fire guns, cannons, and see these incredible items attached to such history. Man, its good. Its like Antiques Roadshow meets Top Shots.
So its like the hillbilly love child of Antiques Roadshow and Top Shot??
:neener:
Who's Santa's Malevolent cousin there on the left in the leather apron? :evil:
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/exposure/content/photo/photo/226004_scottish-claymore_u4otpkuoohegc34cxym6cgqbe3ncurxrbvj6lwuht2ya6mzmafma_610x457.jpg

Forget the modern folder, what's the coolest thing on the show that isn't a firearm?

larry harley
January 16, 2013, 10:41 PM
NO THEY WONT BE FEATURED .
I WILL:)
i got these folders up to sell on the web sight after the show hits the air.first folders ive ever offered for sale
its a good solid edc

the history part of the show will be great
the other 3 guys and my self are pretty much in the know when it comes to all manner of guns , knives, swords, halberds etc etc etc etc

(So its like the hillbilly love child of Antiques Roadshow and Top Shot?? )

yes but w an auction thrown in!!!
u should know who is ALWAYS the top shot. lol remember;i WAS raised a hillbilly.(hillwilliam now , ive been to college)

(Who's Santa's Malevolent cousin there on the left in the leather apron?)
HEY! id be a good santa!
wonder if u can be a santa and a pirate too???....long john santa??

the coolest thing on the first episode is................i ant telln and it was great and gets better.
i saw stuff i only dreamed of.
i was like a hawg rolln in slop we had so much stuff to "play" with.and a lot of it was museum quality
some of the other stuff was just plan ol fun.

Who dont like it if the bullets r free:)

"Hammer"

hso
January 16, 2013, 11:56 PM
Ohhhh no, you don't get off that easy.

What was the one coolest antique sword/knife/bow/pole arm/etc. that you handled? It isn't like you're breaking any rules telling us what it was.

larry harley
January 17, 2013, 01:21 AM
in the pic above i,m holding a real claymore....... but that's not the coolest.... it got better!!!
way better

hso
January 17, 2013, 07:28 AM
I always considered the basket hilted Scottish broadsword to be a claybeg instead a claymore.

How was the balance on it?

larry harley
January 17, 2013, 10:46 AM
the basket was way to small for my hand
they musta been little bitty fellers
other than that sweet

hso
January 17, 2013, 11:58 AM
You're a blacksmith with great big hands and forearms, of course you're going to crowd the grip.

Was the balance "lively" or "choppy" or "dead"?

larry harley
January 17, 2013, 12:26 PM
ITS MADE TO CHOP AND STABB
i couldnt feel much of a foil about it

larry harley
January 17, 2013, 12:29 PM
Yo Mama u think thats too much to ask??
i thought in the grand scheme of things, and looking at how my peers price something similar that was a fair price.

hso
January 17, 2013, 12:49 PM
It's in there with custom folders for price, but not everyone gets that.

You custom makers have been working with manufacturers and part of the $$$:eek: reaction comes from the elevated level of product they can provide now. They get 75% of the looks and performance for so much less that people don't understand how much it adds to the cost to get that last 25% hammered out with hand work and skill (and that's ignoring the economy of scale and materials purchase power of a manufacturer with a national distribution/advertising system).

Mp7
January 17, 2013, 12:50 PM
I see men armed with beerbellies! :D

... hope it will be a good show.

larry harley
January 17, 2013, 01:55 PM
I cant speak for the others but mine is an organic steady rest, that i have invested in heavily over the yrs in order to perform the task of grinding in a more efficient manner........!!!:D

hso
January 17, 2013, 08:28 PM
And I've seen Larry "invest" in that "steady rest"!:neener:

JimStC
January 18, 2013, 03:23 PM
Larry,
Custom folders are a different type of knife. I own several and have enjoyed and experienced the difference. If you were asking much less than $350 I'd be wondering where you shaved the cost. Your price is fair in my opinion.
PM incoming.

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "first folder offered by LoneSomePineknives" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!