HELP: Been getting Email notifications even when turned off.

PDA

DrDanke
March 6, 2004, 11:06 PM
The other day I started posting, and realized that I had neglected to turn off "Email notifications" when I had registered. Needless to say, I started receiving e-mail notifications whenever a new post was posted to a thread I had posted in. I went ahead and changed my user preferences in the User Control Panel, but I am STILL receiving the e-mail notifications. Could an administrator please check into this problem, and REALLY turn off the e-mail notifications for my account. Since then, I have went back and turned e-mail notifications back on, and then off again, in case that would help, but it did not. I hope somebody can help me. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "HELP: Been getting Email notifications even when turned off." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
pax
March 7, 2004, 12:27 AM
DrDanke,

Turning off the "email notification by default" option fixed half the difficulty.

To fix the rest of it, open up your "user cp" (control panel) and unsubscribe from the threads you were automatically subscribed to before you turned off the "email notification by default." To unsubscribe from the threads, click on the link marked "view all subscribed threads" and then "unsubscribe from all threads."

That should fix it. :)

pax

There are two ways of constructing a software design; one way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. The first method is far more difficult. -- C. A. R. Hoare

DrDanke
March 7, 2004, 01:33 PM
Thank you kind sir. That makes sense now. I couldn't imagine vBulletin having a glitch like that. I'm not a forum noob, but this just tells you that I never use the "subscription" feature of the forums!!

Balog
March 8, 2004, 06:50 PM
Uh, pax is a lady.

If you enjoyed reading about "HELP: Been getting Email notifications even when turned off." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!