MAIG ads,why has THR sold out?

PDA

Blackhawk30
January 16, 2013, 11:28 AM
What
The
deleted

If you enjoyed reading about "MAIG ads,why has THR sold out?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jorg Nysgerrig
January 16, 2013, 11:54 AM
Thank you for your well thought out and detailed post describing the situation.

You may wish to refer to this thread where Derek describes why some ads come up and the fact that THR hasn't sold out, as you baselessly claim.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=682184

Chances are you weren't logged in and got the ad from the generic ad server based on your browsing profile. If you'd like to provide more information or a screenshot instead of throwing out nonsense about selling out, someone might be able to assist you further.

For those who don't instantly recognize the acronym MAIG, I believe he is talking about Mayors Against Illegal Guns. At least, that's my best guess.

Old Fuff
January 16, 2013, 01:53 PM
Boy am I lost! I thought he was looking for high-cap magazines... :confused:

Yes, it would help if people with a problem would take the time to explain exactly what it is.

j.kramer
January 16, 2013, 02:40 PM
if your taking about adds showing

i dont know cause a block everything on my side

google adsense -google analytics and quantcast are the 3 trackers shwing up on this site

maybe they show some adds

Apachedriver
January 16, 2013, 02:55 PM
Look up Do Not Track Plus. I've been using that for a while now and have never seen a single ad come up on THR or other sites other than approved sponsor ads.

It blocks all the trackers mentioned above and more including Facebook tracking which has nothing to do with having an open account.

blarby
January 16, 2013, 04:18 PM
Lol @ Jorg, too true !

j.kramer
January 16, 2013, 04:24 PM
it dont matter if you are logged in or not

trackers show up on every page and can be deleted from admin c/p

i know i admin many sites

jmorris
January 16, 2013, 07:30 PM
Thank you for your well thought out and detailed post describing the situation.Now that's funny.

Akita1
January 16, 2013, 09:28 PM
repeat

Akita1
January 16, 2013, 09:30 PM
Thank you for your well thought out and detailed post describing the situation.

You may wish to refer to this thread where Derek describes why some ads come up and the fact that THR hasn't sold out, as you baselessly claim.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=682184

Chances are you weren't logged in and got the ad from the generic ad server based on your browsing profile. If you'd like to provide more information or a screenshot instead of throwing out nonsense about selling out, someone might be able to assist you further.

For those who don't instantly recognize the acronym MAIG, I believe he is talking about Mayors Against Illegal Guns. At least, that's my best guess.
my fav moderator; gave me a good but respectful admonishment yesterday for being too quick to judge and having lousy typing skills - much respect for your reasonable and logical style

Derek Zeanah
January 16, 2013, 10:51 PM
Yeah, here's the deal: THR needs money to run. Like, to buy/build newer faster storage in a couple of weeks.

In order to get money, we need to charge for membership, or we need to sell ads. We mostly do the latter.

Ads are annoying, so we try to make the more annoying ones show up to lurkers, not members. So you see the free stuff we run, things we sell, and some ads from shooting-related networks.

Non-members? They get Google ads. That means that whoever bids the most to be on the page gets to put an ad there. So if some anti group wants to pay for ads on pages mentioning Sandy Hook, then they give us money to do so. It's totally wasted (especially if you click on it), but those ads pay for the site.

If'n you don't wanna see them, then click the "remember me" box when you log in.

blarby
January 17, 2013, 10:44 AM
Like, to buy/build newer faster storage in a couple of weeks.

YA dont say.........

Are you to the point yet where solid state storage solutions might actually be worth the cost ?

Also, any ideas/thoughts on using the new open 3.0 architecture for the THR racks ?

If you enjoyed reading about "MAIG ads,why has THR sold out?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!