Limiting hi-capatity magazine to 10 round will block almost 75% modern

PDA

efeng9622
January 16, 2013, 11:34 AM
Handguns. How about the guns which we already have ? It is said NYs plan asked people should treat it in one year , otherwise it will become illegal. How about President s plan? Does anybody know that?

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Limiting hi-capatity magazine to 10 round will block almost 75% modern" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mayo
January 16, 2013, 11:38 AM
President's plan for what? He cannot EO a limit on mags---he can only propose legislation to Congress. He could propose a 2 cap limit if he wants but nothing will pass so it doesn't matter.

hang fire
January 16, 2013, 11:46 AM
Obama will pretty much do as he damn well pleases, while the LSM and antis will cheer him on for ever more such clap crap.

Mayo
January 16, 2013, 11:47 AM
No, no, no he can't---he can only propose legislation on hi capacity and weapons bans.:banghead:

efeng9622
January 16, 2013, 12:01 PM
but why NY state can do that ? I haven't saw the NY 's detail.

ball3006
January 16, 2013, 12:02 PM
We should know what he proposes in about an hour.....Besides, just how are they going to know you have a mag over 7 rounds. You can always keep one legal one to show the thugs when they come to your door. Be sure they have a search warrent with them and what the warrent says what they are looking for. In my case, I would hand them a shovel and tell them to have at it in the back yard. However, my back yard is 9 acres, wooded, and I live in Texas so it is a moot point for me....chris3

Trent
January 16, 2013, 12:08 PM
In my case, I would hand them a shovel and tell them to have at it in the back yard. However, my back yard is 9 acres, wooded, and I live in Texas so it is a moot point for me....chris3

HAHAHA oh man, that made me chuckle.

huntsman
January 16, 2013, 12:12 PM
Limiting hi-capatity magazine to 10 round will block almost 75% modern
Handguns

I own 4 semi-auto pistols and none have a mag that'll hold more than 10 rounds, I didn't plan it that way I just bought guns I liked regardless of capacity

radiotom
January 16, 2013, 12:25 PM
They compact?

huntsman
January 16, 2013, 01:36 PM
2 are 2 aren't

efeng9622
January 16, 2013, 03:37 PM
Are any kind of handguns over 10 round =high-grade, military-style assault weapons ? how about .22 or 9mm ? I understand it should be assacult military rifle not handgun.
It is said 10 round limitation from 1994 assault weapon ban, but I recalled I saw a gun store sell Glock 17 and other modern handguns on beginning of 2004, at that time 1994 ban was still available.
so , I mean 10 round should no be applied to handgun.

22-rimfire
January 16, 2013, 04:28 PM
I believe there are 10-round magazines available for many of the handguns using so called high capacity mazines. Nothing is "banned" until it becomes law nationally.

I suspect NY state law trumps Federal as it would be more restrictive.

efeng9622
January 16, 2013, 05:57 PM
This plan is pretty rough and unfair in this point. You can buy a handgun which is .45 and 10 r. but you can't buy a .22 rifle which is just over 10r. which one can easily kill someone? so they need to create a lot of detail.
If they want to ban , they need to concern caliber first.

If you enjoyed reading about "Limiting hi-capatity magazine to 10 round will block almost 75% modern" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!