Pro-2nd Amendment/Pro-gun stickers on your vehicle?

PDA

breakingcontact
January 16, 2013, 05:05 PM
Yes or no?

NRA stickers? Favorite arms maker?

How about other things, like a Magpul sticker?

In some ways I want to stick some on there as a statement. In other ways, I don't know if I want to make that statement, as people will not only know I support gun rights...but probably have guns, to steal, when I'm not home.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pro-2nd Amendment/Pro-gun stickers on your vehicle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DrDeFab
January 16, 2013, 05:07 PM
Just one: "μολών λαβέ"

Rail Driver
January 16, 2013, 05:09 PM
I have pro-gun stickers on my car.

Skribs
January 16, 2013, 05:10 PM
I don't have any stickers on my car. Considering it, though.

psyopspec
January 16, 2013, 05:20 PM
No stickers on my car. I don't see an advantage in keeping my personal life anything but non-descript.

If I did, it would be the Molon Labe sticker mentioned above since it's more insider. Or maybe one of the white oval/black letter RKBA ones.

Skribs
January 16, 2013, 05:25 PM
The thing is, if you're doing it as a statement, doing a manufacturer that most anti-gun folks wouldn't know probably won't help. Big names, especially those with a long history in the US, are probably better. Any internal acronyms or foreign phrases (where you need to know what it is to know what it is) won't raise awareness. RKBA could be a radio station for all the layman knows.

A picture of a weapon, or part of a weapon, included in the sticker would of course change this. "Protected by ________" is pretty common.

Isaac-1
January 16, 2013, 05:27 PM
Your almost in Texas (Austin), odds are any given house has guns in it.

Neo-Luddite
January 16, 2013, 05:51 PM
Have my NRA ballcap w/ gold lifer pin attached on rear shelf. Never moves from there (I don't wear hats often) but COULD be removed if needed. Never has moved in 4+ years.

hso
January 16, 2013, 05:54 PM
I don't put stickers on my vehicles, BUT with the threat of an AWB I'm gonna change my mind.

Looking for something like -

"Violent crime at a new low.
AR sales at a new high.
What will a ban accomplish??

Texan Scott
January 16, 2013, 06:00 PM
I've decided the need for a public statement of support for the 2A now outweighs any minor risk associated with displaying my affiliation... NRA sticker going on the truck, TSRA patch going on the jacket.

Prophet
January 16, 2013, 06:03 PM
I have a satirical "Exist" sticker on my van (eBay) among others, but that's as close as I've gotten to pro-2A on my vehicle. I don't like to advertise that I carry a firearm. It's even getting to the point where I've been thinking about removing all of them for the purpose of urban camouflage. But hey, it's a hippie van. People expect to see stickers of some sort. With everything that's been going on I'm probably going to add a few to my small arsenal of stickers.

I've been thinking about adding a "Kill Your Television" sticker, especially lately.

Grassman
January 16, 2013, 06:11 PM
I just got a new truck a while back, I'll have an NRA sticker on it soon.

longknife12
January 16, 2013, 06:13 PM
Have my NRA Endowment decal in back glass.
Dan

Archer
January 16, 2013, 06:23 PM
A small Gunsite raven on the rear hatch. Something only Gunsite family members seem to notice.

Skribs
January 16, 2013, 06:26 PM
A small Gunsite raven on the rear hatch. Something only Gunsite family members seem to notice.

If that's what you want, good. Not good for promoting our cause if people don't recognize it.

bowserb
January 16, 2013, 06:37 PM
No stickers for me. These peace-loving anti gunners are too violent to risk it. Besides, the less they see, the less they are reminded to press for gun control action. Let sleeping liberal dogs lie.

Please excuse typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

sean326
January 16, 2013, 06:40 PM
NRA Life Member

Sniper66
January 16, 2013, 07:00 PM
Until I recently retired, I worked for a very left wing not-for-profit organization. I proudly displayed my NRA sticker on my desk in plain view and it will go on my car when I get another. The organization management (I was one of them.) avoided the issue even when the subject of office decor would occasionally arise. On one occasion a colleague asked if I thought such a display was appropriate in an agency dedicated to health. To which I responded, "My support of the NRA has saved lives, can you say the same about your abortion poster? I never heard another word except quiet support.

CharlieDeltaJuliet
January 16, 2013, 07:03 PM
I have simple Sig Sauer and Hk stickers on my SUV. A good friend of mine has an "in loving memory" sticker on his truck. It says "in loving memory of $2 a gallon gas and the second amendment". I thought it was sad but true.

Swichblade
January 16, 2013, 07:33 PM
I'm going to order a sticker from S&W soon when I decide to get grips.

JBrady555
January 16, 2013, 07:37 PM
got a nra sticker and a "protected by glock" sticker on my vehicle

breakingcontact
January 16, 2013, 10:11 PM
The NRA/TSRA stickers sound good. I just joined the TSRA. Isaac, I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of Austin hipsters at the idpa matches and gun show!

I think they're more akin to the outlaw country meets hippie roots of TX than the Cali liberal invaders.

USAF_Vet
January 16, 2013, 10:18 PM
I've got an NRA sticker in the back windshield, above my Iraq veteran sticker. These are all visible above my Veteran license plates.

I wear a Molon Labe pin on my jacket. As for hats, I'm usually wearing one of my OIF veteran hats, my NRA hat, or a plain USAF hat.

I've been thinking about getting a S&W logo sticker for the car, too.

Steel Horse Rider
January 16, 2013, 10:24 PM
Peace Through Superior Firepower

The Second Amendment Protects the First

Tim the student
January 16, 2013, 10:46 PM
I'm now considering it. Anybody have links to some good ones?

I kind of want one that highlights gun owners in a positive way, although that isn't as much fun as the NSFW grumpy cat meme about new gun control.

I've got an NRA sticker in the back windshield, above my Iraq veteran sticker. These are all visible above my Veteran license plates.

Careful, now they know you're nuts and shouldn't have guns! A veteran + NRA member = next one to snap! Thanks for your service, BTW.

TennJed
January 16, 2013, 10:50 PM
I have the following.

Ruger
NRA
and 3 Mississippi State University :)

JVaughn
January 16, 2013, 11:05 PM
No stickers of any kind, don't wish to share all that much info about myself.

Isaac-1
January 16, 2013, 11:07 PM
Jvaughn , this is much the same reason I only wear T-Shirts when on vacation

breakingcontact
January 16, 2013, 11:08 PM
I suppose the question is, do we want to communicate/convert the "others" or communicate solidarity with fellow freedom enthusiasts?

Win1892
January 17, 2013, 12:16 AM
NRA Endowment Life Member sticker (mailed check today for Patron) and a
Life member tag frame.

NRA-ILA hat, Midway Hat, Springfield Armory hat, Redding hat.

Got Bullets t-shirt, as well as Springfield, Dillon, and Midway shirts.

I really don't care what people think about me. If someone has something to say to me, positive or negative, I'll engage them in a friendly conversation, to start with. Where it goes from there is up to them.

BHP FAN
January 17, 2013, 12:42 AM
Airsplat.

sidheshooter
January 17, 2013, 12:59 AM
No stickers on my car; like others, the grey man theory. I admit to being drawn to this one, though:

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/coexist-firearm-gun-manufacturer-logo-sticker.jpg

jimherb
January 17, 2013, 01:03 AM
Street stops are the most risky part of being a patrol officer. Few of my fellows are "gun people." A gun sticker is a red flag that says this may be a dangerous person--take special care. I'm that way myself.:(

JEL
January 17, 2013, 01:10 AM
I had thought about it on many occasions but being that I travel into Seattle often, I don't want a brick through my window when I park down there... It's a sad reality, but one I'm sure would prove true given enough time and the general mindset of the average Seattleite.

pockets
January 17, 2013, 09:09 AM
I stopped putting stickers on my vehicles about 30 years ago.

mcdonl
January 17, 2013, 09:12 AM
No stickers for me. These peace-loving anti gunners are too violent to risk it. Besides, the less they see, the less they are reminded to press for gun control action. Let sleeping liberal dogs lie.

Please excuse typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I have been led to believe there are no anti's in TX let alone violent ones.

I have two... MTA (Maine Trappers Association) and NRA

Whacked
January 17, 2013, 10:35 AM
only firearm related clothing is a camo rain jacket.
I no longer put political stickers on my truck, never put on anything firearm related.

reason is, I do not want anyone to know what I have. I live in a apartment and quite a few shifty characters about. Don't advertise what I own to decrease chances of being targeted.

GAMALOT
January 17, 2013, 10:47 AM
If you want to sticker your car and say it all in one simple sticker just get one that says "DUMP THE DEMS"!

Airbrush Artist
January 17, 2013, 10:51 AM
CONCEAL hides---stickers reveal...

brnmw
January 17, 2013, 10:53 AM
'98 Mazda B2500: Yes= NRA, TTHA, TWA.
'06 Ford Mustang GT: None, and never will.

I live in a very conservative area though... everyone has a gun. :)

627PCFan
January 17, 2013, 10:53 AM
I have a black "Dont Tread on me" sticker, a White Oval .357 sticker, and a "I hunt with my Weimaraner" Liscence plate holder. Most people still dont get it-

OpelBlitz
January 17, 2013, 11:05 AM

After seeing what people around here were doing to people with Romney/Ryan campaign stickers on their cars, I'm quite hesitant to put anything on my car to suggest I'm pro-2A. I already have an NRA sticker next to my license plate, surprised I haven't been keyed (I put it on long before last month).

Hoppy
January 17, 2013, 11:15 AM
I`ve never had stickers on my car, not sure I will. I have a molon labe hat from years ago.
My brother, a new gun owner, just bought a 1911, and wants a sticker that says -
My other auto is a .45
We might make one up on the computer.
I like the coexist one that was just posted

Browning
January 17, 2013, 11:29 AM
Gun stickers on cars are just a huge neon 'Break into me' sign to thieves. You can't always be around to protect you car.

Ever had a gun stolen out of your car? I have, it sucks. I was lucky enough to get it back.

If you want to protect your 2A rights then write letters/emails and call your elected officials and talk about this issue with your friends, family and acquaintances.

What does having a sticker on your car really accomplish other than advertise that you might have one inside your vehicle? Is it helping to change a fence-sitters mind?

CharlieDeltaJuliet
January 17, 2013, 02:00 PM
I keep put a couple sticker son my SUV just out of brand name support. No, I have never had a firearm stolen from a car, I refuse to leave one in my car for that reason. I agree about calling,writing, and emailing, but I see no harm in swag on a car. My small town attitude I guess, my local police and sheriffs know me and usually shoot with me. I have yet to meet one that wasn't very pro2A in my area.. Guess that is still the benefit of living in a very small town.

breakingcontact
January 17, 2013, 03:56 PM
No, I have never had a firearm stolen from a car, I refuse to leave one in my car for that reason.

This.

I am leaning towards more of a solidarity sticker such as the Molon Labe that mostly only those in the know would understand.

bowserb
January 17, 2013, 04:32 PM
I have been led to believe there are no anti's in TX let alone violent ones.
I have two... MTA (Maine Trappers Association) and NRA
Certain areas of Houston are decidedly "liberal", and then there's East San Francisco, aka Austin.

I know fairly few people who carry guns, yet I am personally aware of three who have had them stolen from their cars/trucks. I will never leave a gun in a car, but a gun sticker might lead someone else to think there was one there, so my only stickers are state inspection and license plate.

JFtheGR8
January 17, 2013, 04:55 PM
No stickers. I've worried they would either be an invitation for a break in or random traffic stop.

Posted from Thehighroad.org App for Android

radiotom
January 17, 2013, 05:11 PM
I've had a small government-minded bumper sticker on my car before, so did the woman. They were both pulled off our cars.

Mac11
January 17, 2013, 05:28 PM
My Suburban is adorned with the following and I don't really care what anybody thinks about it!

1. NRA Lifer
2. The 2nd Ammendment is NOT about duck hunting!
3. Extremely right wing!
4. Green Bay Packers!

beatledog7
January 17, 2013, 07:43 PM
I have a vanity plate (very common in VA) with a pro-2A message that most people don't get.

justice06rr
January 17, 2013, 09:20 PM
I don't have specific 2A stickers or decals, but I do have this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/eiji81/1%20Shooting/DSCI0153.jpg

phillipduran
January 17, 2013, 10:12 PM
NRA sticker. I make sure the frost gets scrapped off it in the morning.

Arkansas Paul
January 17, 2013, 10:16 PM
I have an NRA sticker and one from the local gun club. I don't have to have it on there, but if you don't, they may come up and introduce themselves and see who you are. They're always friendly and encourage guests, but I'd rather shoot and not talk.

Adam the Gnome
January 17, 2013, 10:31 PM
Gonna get some to stick on the work truck :)

MARKMALL
January 18, 2013, 10:09 AM
I have a ATA (Amateur Trapshooting Association) on one Truck and a local trap club sticker on th e other one.

Zeke/PA
January 18, 2013, 10:14 AM
N.R.A. Endowment Plate on front of my truck.
LATELY I get MOSTLY a handshake and not a frown.

ball3006
January 18, 2013, 12:07 PM
No stickers on my truck. I have a flag, Vietnam vet, don't tread on me, and come and get it Texas flag with the cannon. I live in the city with too many bad guys hanging around to advertise I have guns......chris3

HarcyPervin
January 18, 2013, 12:11 PM
I don't put stickers on mine either...for the same reason I never put the stickers on that come with audio equipment - It's a shopping list... in a former life I worked with some people who used those stickers for just that. Turn the music down when you get close to home, people who know where you park/live don't need to know what you have. We did find out that putting "Sony X-plod" stickers seemed to keep thieves away, maybe put some Hi-Point stickers on the car...

breakingcontact
January 18, 2013, 03:20 PM
NRA sticker. I make sure the frost gets scrapped off it in the morning.

What is this..."frost"? 65 and sunny today!

I have a flag, Vietnam vet, don't tread on me, and come and get it Texas flag with the cannon.

I think this may have helped me realize the perfect combo for me, US Flag, TX flag, Army sticker and "don't tread on me".

ErikO
January 18, 2013, 06:14 PM
So far: Armed Liberal, www.modernmusket.com and a BFS.

As soon as my wife gets her own car, the rest go on. ;)

I have a sticker from www.bluesteeldemocrats.org that needs to be added, after all this stupid AWB and mag ban goofiness gets squashed. "Democrats don't want your guns, we have our own!"

Schwatt
January 18, 2013, 07:16 PM
I used to pile all sorts of gun stickers on my trucks, the more offensive, the better.

Then my truck get severely keyed and I'm pretty sure that's the reason why.

Some snot nosed hippy granola eater trying to stick it to the man.

sonick808
January 18, 2013, 07:28 PM
an AK bolt face, very insider

herkyguy
January 18, 2013, 07:35 PM
2 related stickers:

1 NRA logo on the right rear window
2 First Navy Jack w/snake and Don't Tread On Me in letters on the left rear window

Lemann
January 19, 2013, 03:21 AM
on my jeep
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/lenardo/13f56d6a.jpg

HorseSoldier
January 19, 2013, 04:04 AM
No stickers on my car; like others, the grey man theory.

This is my take on things. I have violated my own policy on that to have a small sticker for the Special Forces Advanced Urban Combat course on the back of my vehicle. Like others have discussed up thread, it's obscure and meaningless to 99% of people out there.

Moose458
January 19, 2013, 10:31 AM
My sticker says: " A Gun In The Hand Is Better Than A Cop On The Phone"

Nathaniel Firethorn
January 19, 2013, 11:14 AM
NRA Endowment Member sticker on my truck. Will change it to Patron Member as soon as the NRA sends it to me.

- NF

XD Fan
January 19, 2013, 11:49 AM
This one is cool for the ladies in your life hat like to shoot:
http://www.cafepress.com/mf/57825152/sniper-girl_sticker?shop=WomensTactical

Warp
January 19, 2013, 12:45 PM
Yes.

velobard
January 19, 2013, 01:22 PM
I still prefer the 'gray man' approach when it comes to my car. We were all outraged when the NY paper published a map of gun owners and in a way a sticker does the same thing. If a criminal sees an NRA sticker on your car in the driveway, they'll be sure you have guns.

lionking
January 19, 2013, 01:40 PM
To me a sticker tells a potentially wrong person which car to break into or who to follow home and case the house.

I sometimes see a "protected by Smith & Wesson" on a car. To me it says "smash by window when I am at the mall".

The last sticker on my car was "Ron Paul for president". Took it off since because I don't like stickers cluttering up my car.

RustyHammer
January 19, 2013, 01:41 PM
None ... put I have considered putting one on my anti-gun neighbor's cars though ... LOL

7thCavScout
January 19, 2013, 01:45 PM
*Related Decals*
NRA
GSSF (Glock Sports Shooting Foundation)

*Unrelated Decals*
Army Master Parachutist Wings
Army Air Assault wings
CIB
82nd Airborne Division Combat Veteran

Steve H
January 19, 2013, 01:48 PM
NRA sticker on my truck

MOLON LABE stickers on order and can't find a Kokopelli AR sticker. If you know when I can order some please let me know.

michaelbsc
January 19, 2013, 01:57 PM
Deleted for now.

Warp
January 19, 2013, 05:10 PM
Gun stickers on cars are just a huge neon 'Break into me' sign to thieves. You can't always be around to protect you car.

Ever had a gun stolen out of your car? I have, it sucks. I was lucky enough to get it back.

If you want to protect your 2A rights then write letters/emails and call your elected officials and talk about this issue with your friends, family and acquaintances.

What does having a sticker on your car really accomplish other than advertise that you might have one inside your vehicle? Is it helping to change a fence-sitters mind?

What safe did they get the gun in your car out of?

Call me crazy, but I believe that if people think you might be armed (regardless of location), they are less likely to attack you. I believe in deterrence. And I will trade an increased liklihood of a break in when the thing is believed to be empty if it means a decreased chance of assault while we are present.

Just one angle I use to look at it.

gdcpony
January 19, 2013, 06:17 PM
I don't put a lot of stickers on. I have the usual Corps ones (it's a Marine thing), a couple for predator hunting and bows. I think I have a small DPMS one and a couple others on the truck. All are small though so I can still see through my windows.

9MMare
January 19, 2013, 08:18 PM
The thing is, if you're doing it as a statement, doing a manufacturer that most anti-gun folks wouldn't know probably won't help. Big names, especially those with a long history in the US, are probably better. Any internal acronyms or foreign phrases (where you need to know what it is to know what it is) won't raise awareness. RKBA could be a radio station for all the layman knows.

A picture of a weapon, or part of a weapon, included in the sticker would of course change this. "Protected by ________" is pretty common.

How is 'awareness' going to help? We need to educate and change minds. Just making a statement that you are pro-gun isnt going to do anything except:

a) get you some friendly waves from fellow gun folks
b) get you the finger from anti idiots
c) your car broken into in the hopes of finding a gun

Just IMO

9MMare
January 19, 2013, 08:22 PM
The Second Amendment Protects the First

Now that one I really like and is actually a message if people bother to think about it.

Warp
January 19, 2013, 08:25 PM
How is 'awareness' going to help? We need to educate and change minds. Just making a statement that you are pro-gun isnt going to do anything except:

a) get you some friendly waves from fellow gun folks
b) get you the finger from anti idiots
c) your car broken into in the hopes of finding a gun

Just IMO

I don't recall ever having any of those happen to me.

Care to share your experiences that led to this opinion?

I suppose living in a Liberal stronghold like Seattle plays a role.

9MMare
January 19, 2013, 08:35 PM
I don't recall ever having any of those happen to me.

Care to share your experiences that led to this opinion?

I suppose living in a Liberal stronghold like Seattle plays a role.

Missed the "Just IMO" part didya?

9MMare
January 19, 2013, 08:37 PM

Call me crazy, but I believe that if people think you might be armed (regardless of location), they are less likely to attack you. I believe in deterrence. And I will trade an increased liklihood of a break in when the thing is believed to be empty if it means a decreased chance of assault while we are present.

Not too much danger involved stealing your gun out of your vehicle when you're not there :what:

XD 45acp
January 19, 2013, 08:48 PM
Yup...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/ATAShooter/xdplatesmall.jpg

Warp
January 20, 2013, 12:04 AM
Not too much danger involved stealing your gun out of your vehicle when you're not there :what:

Read my post again.

sig228
January 20, 2013, 01:08 AM
Yep, I have a PRO RKBA license plate, lol. Plus a cool hitch cover. ;)

Unfortunately, the only people that "get it" are people like ourselves.

However....it IS a conversation starter for those that DON'T get it.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8086/8395671750_85a4559fe1_n.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/80115258@N02/8395671750/)

mljdeckard
January 20, 2013, 02:47 AM
Yes, but I like to think I'm a bit subtle. I have the NRA sticker, the MOLON LABE! sticker, a Magpul logo, and the 'Coexist' formed from gun mfr logos.

I also have one that says; "My autistic kid will lick your honor student".

I have had nothing but positive remarks from any of it, most people want to know where they can get them.

9MMare
January 20, 2013, 02:48 AM
Read my post again.

Yup, still works.

Inebriated
January 20, 2013, 02:54 AM
NRA sticker, and soon I'll probably throw on an "GUNS and COFFEE" sticker.

And if I can find a white/black oval RKBA one, as mentioned, I'd love that.

I don't care if people see the stickers... I rarely have a gun in the car lately, and if I do, it's hidden, tethered with a steel cable, and partially disassembled... I'm honestly not worried in the least about some guy finding it in a smash-and-grab, trying to get through the cable, and then trying to figure out how to run away with it without being seen or stopped.

Deer_Freak
January 20, 2013, 02:58 AM

There must be something to people breaking in your home or truck because of stickers. There was an article in a NRA magazine advising gun owners not to put the browning sticker that comes with the gun on their truck. To a thief the browning sticker means you have guns worth the risk of breaking in.

Inebriated
January 20, 2013, 03:00 AM
There must be something to people breaking in your home or truck because of stickers. There was an article in a NRA magazine advising gun owners not to put the browning sticker that comes with the gun on their truck. To a thief the browning sticker means you have guns worth the risk of breaking in.

Around here, they're just a signal that some high school kid that went and called it hunting once. lol

sig228
January 20, 2013, 03:16 AM
NRA sticker, and soon I'll probably throw on an "GUNS and COFFEE" sticker.

And if I can find a white/black oval RKBA one, as mentioned, I'd love that.

http://www.amazon.com/RKBA-Oval-Sticker-CafePress-White/dp/B009QG7H8m

Inebriated
January 20, 2013, 03:26 AM
I like it, thanks sig228! I know what I'm spending my Bing Rewards points on lol...

Warp
January 20, 2013, 04:35 AM
Yup, still works.

What still works?

Do you have a different opinion than myself on it being worth deterring people from attacking you and your family at the expense of a greater risk of your car being broken into when you are not around?

Did you completely miss where I never said there was a gun kept in my car, but rather, I spoke to an effect of having a pro gun bumper sticker?

philobeddoe
January 20, 2013, 04:44 AM
NRA Life Member but no stickers on the truck.

Got this one on my arm, don't think it'll buff out

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff296/gophernuts/Tattoos/MOLON%20LABE/Untitled.jpg

9MMare
January 20, 2013, 02:32 PM
What still works?

See bold. That was the only point I was making. A sticker declaring you're armed is not much of a deterrent to stealing your gun...or checking for one... out of your car if you're not present.

herkyguy
January 20, 2013, 03:29 PM
NRA Life Member but no stickers on the truck.

Got this one on my arm, don't think it'll buff out

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff296/gophernuts/Tattoos/MOLON%20LABE/Untitled.jpg
Not really a tattoo guy, but that is pretty dang cool.

I read Ernle Bradford's THERMOPYLAE: The Battle for the West a few years ago and it left a real impression on me. King Leonidas would be proud of that one!

Warp
January 20, 2013, 03:31 PM
See bold. That was the only point I was making. A sticker declaring you're armed is not much of a deterrent to stealing your gun...or checking for one... out of your car if you're not present.

The bold specifically and explicitly deals with being attacked (or not)...while you are present.

I don't know about you, but I prefer the option that doesn't include myself or my family being attacked. You don't? :what:

Nicky Santoro
January 20, 2013, 04:04 PM
Pro-2nd Amendment/Pro-gun stickers on your vehicle?

No. Here in NJ there are some LEOs who seem to believe that such stickers are sufficient reason for a stop and an attempt to coerce a consent to search. I had two such encounters when I had such stickers on my truck, the second of which came very close to creating a situation which would of necessity have led to a tragic aftermath.

9MMare
January 20, 2013, 11:01 PM
The bold specifically and explicitly deals with being attacked (or not)...while you are present.

I don't know about you, but I prefer the option that doesn't include myself or my family being attacked. You don't? :what:

We cant be attacked if we arent present. :rolleyes:

The discussion was about vehicles being broken into for their guns (as you started out with asking about car gun safes being stolen).

JTHunter
January 21, 2013, 12:32 AM
Pickup truck plates read "NRA LF #" and the car reads "# NRA LF". (State requires at least one number to avoid higher cost "vanity" plates.)

When this pickup replaced the old one, I didn't replace the camper shell. That caused me to lose my "rolling billboard" of bumper stickers. :D

Warp
January 21, 2013, 01:28 PM
We cant be attacked if we arent present. :rolleyes:

So you are NEVER present at your vehicle? :rolleyes:

Or do you peel the stickers off every time you get into the car, and put them back when you park it and leave?

The discussion was about vehicles being broken into for their guns (as you started out with asking about car gun safes being stolen).

Which is shortsighted and only tells half the story.

An intelligent person will realize that you are present at or in your vehicle, at times, and the stickers are likely to have an entirely different effect at that time.

Surely you realize this and are just trolling for the sake of an argument.

9MMare
January 21, 2013, 02:43 PM
So you are NEVER present at your vehicle? :rolleyes:

Or do you peel the stickers off every time you get into the car, and put them back when you park it and leave?

Which is shortsighted and only tells half the story.

An intelligent person will realize that you are present at or in your vehicle, at times, and the stickers are likely to have an entirely different effect at that time.

Surely you realize this and are just trolling for the sake of an argument.

Apparently you cannot keep up to the standards of The High Road (in spirit).

I wont partake further, since you are narrowing your statement to a pinprick with reference to the greater argument (since that's the only way it works).

Warp
January 21, 2013, 03:25 PM
I guess I spend a LOT more time driving my vehicles than you do.

Again, I choose the option that would seem to make myself and my family less likely to be attacked.

You may choose differently, which is fine. We all have our own experiences and priorities.

Buck Kramer
January 21, 2013, 03:51 PM
I'm still looking for a "honk if you've never seen an uzi fired from a car window" sticker...

esheato
January 21, 2013, 04:12 PM
I have a vanity plate (very common in VA) with a pro-2A message that most people don't get.

I'm in CA, and vanity plates abound. I'm still wearing my TX vanity plate though: ACK IMP

The people that know what it means, oddly enough, are the people I care to talk to. No stickers though. Prefer to keep it discreet...'nuff said.

sig228
January 21, 2013, 06:54 PM
I'm still looking for a "honk if you've never seen an uzi fired from a car window" sticker...
You people need to use google:

http://www.amazon.com/Honk-youve-never-fired-Window/dp/B000FEDPSU

If you enjoyed reading about "Pro-2nd Amendment/Pro-gun stickers on your vehicle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!