Rally in Hartford CT

PDA

19-3Ben
January 16, 2013, 08:09 PM
All CT residents!!!!!!

This Saturday (1/19) at noon there is a rally at the Capitol Building downtown.

The guidelines I've been given are:

1) Dress appropriately (no camo, blaze orange, or range commando type stuff).
2) bring your own sign.
3) Keep in mind that anything you say and anything written on the sign may be a headline in the news, so think before you speak/write.
4) If you carry concealed, make SURE you know where you are standing and that you are not in an area of the lawn that is prohibited.

We have some very very scary pending legislation and we NEED our voices to be heard here. Please show up. Bring family, friends, your grandma, I don't care. Just show up, have a sign that makes a good point, and bring people!!!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Rally in Hartford CT" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CTGunner
January 16, 2013, 08:27 PM
I have written all my reps and have received zero responses. It is scary and sadly I believe close to hopeless in CT.

19-3Ben
January 16, 2013, 08:32 PM
It is scary and sadly I believe close to hopeless in CT.

But that doesn't mean it doesn't warrant a full blown effort on our part. Malloy has really disappointed me. BUT remember that CT is the epicenter of this whole problem because the Sandy Hook shooting happened in our state. We, more than anyone, need to be in attendance to show that we still want our rights!
Please show up. Please bring friends.

Matthew Temkin
January 16, 2013, 10:51 PM
My daughter is attending a softball college showcase in Hartford on the 19th.
I was going to go ammo at shopping at Cabela's but this rally is more important.Thanks for the heads up.

19-3Ben
January 17, 2013, 05:29 AM
Awesome!!!! Thank you!!! And cabelas will be open all day. No reason you can't go to cabelas before or after the rally. If you haven't been to our Cabela's yet, it's a nice store.

I'll edit to add that it's kind of fun to meet other people from the forum. If anyone wants to do a meetup feel free to pm me. It's nice to put faces to the anonymous names and posts we see here.

Devonai
January 17, 2013, 10:08 AM
I have drill this weekend, but I hope you have a good turnout. I received a favorable response from one of my state representatives, though he's obviously in the minority. It is a little bit easier to find sympathetic reps in northern Hartford/Litchfield Counties.

My worst fear is a seven round limit like in NY, without grandfathering. Such a ban would force me to abandon one of my favorite carry pistols, my Makarov, as no seven round mags exist and I seriously doubt anyone would bother to manufacture one. And as many have already pointed out, there is doubt that any of the major manufacturers will bother to do so either. There is little point in carrying a Beretta 92FS or PX4 with a seven round mag.

19-3Ben
January 17, 2013, 10:53 AM
It looks like the account for our CT gun forum has been suspended. We had a notice up on that forum about the rally. Guys in CT please spread the word. We need you to call and email anyone who might be interested so that we can individually spread the word.

TGTMAN
January 19, 2013, 12:31 PM
hi all

check this out guys, we get 20k names on this they will have to listen, pass it along!

http://www.change.org/petitions/state-of-ct-stop-infringing-on-our-2nd-amendment-rights?utm_source=guides&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=petition_created

19-3Ben
January 19, 2013, 05:34 PM
Well done everyone!!!!

Look at what the Hartford Courant has to say.

Edit to add: We've all written to newspaper editors and columnists, and complained when they make us look like knuckle-dragging neanderthals. I think we owe it to Mr. Kaufman to write to him and thank him for writng a balanced artcile that portrays us in our best light, and that recognizes our goals, and our stance.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rally in Hartford CT" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!