Statement by Gov. Perry on President

PDA

cowboy33
January 16, 2013, 09:14 PM
Gov. Rick Perry released the following statement regarding President Obama's executive actions:

"The Vice President's committee was appointed in response to the tragedy at Newtown, but very few of his recommendations have anything to do with what happened there.

"Guns require a finger to pull the trigger. The sad young man who did that in Newtown was clearly haunted by demons and no gun law could have saved the children in Sandy Hook Elementary from his terror.

"There is evil prowling in the world - it shows up in our movies, video games and online fascinations, and finds its way into vulnerable hearts and minds. As a free people, let us choose what kind of people we will be. Laws, the only redoubt of secularism, will not suffice. Let us all return to our places of worship and pray for help. Above all, let us pray for our children.

"In fact, the piling on by the political left, and their cohorts in the media, to use the massacre of little children to advance a pre-existing political agenda that would not have saved those children, disgusts me, personally. The second amendment to the Constitution is a basic right of free people and cannot be nor will it be abridged by the executive power of this or any other president."

http://governor.state.tx.us/news/press-release/18060/

If you enjoyed reading about "Statement by Gov. Perry on President" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JohnnyK
January 16, 2013, 09:19 PM
that's why I voted for this man! God Bless Texas!

tekarra
January 16, 2013, 09:21 PM
Gov. Perry is a good man.

JohnnyK
January 16, 2013, 09:24 PM
I would have loved to see Him int he White House! Hopefully in 4 years... :)

Texan Scott
January 16, 2013, 09:29 PM
Perry/ Abbott for Pres/ VP ! (Of the United States, or the Republic of Texas, as events will have it).

Nico Testosteros
January 16, 2013, 09:29 PM
Perry is a blithering idiot.

Hunt480
January 16, 2013, 09:44 PM
Glad to hear a politician say something absolutley right & true...God Bless Texas is right...From Governor Perrys lips to Gods ears is all I can say!

And to the gentleman that wrote post #6; it would be Obama that is blithering Idiot! Along with the entire administration and his media machine...I hope they all die a slow death from rectal cancer!!!

theautobahn
January 16, 2013, 09:46 PM
I guess we're going to have to consider "permanently" visiting my wife's sister in TX...

LelloBeetle
January 16, 2013, 09:50 PM
I've seriously thought about returning to my home state. I will be interested to see how things develop here in Pennsylvania.

gigemlaw
January 16, 2013, 09:52 PM
We'll just look at your location and consider the source! :D
+1.

Trent
January 16, 2013, 10:01 PM
The Federal vs. State showdown continues!

I'm enjoying it. :)

303tom
January 16, 2013, 10:18 PM
That`s what I am talking about...............

Hunt480
January 16, 2013, 10:22 PM
Nice!

BCCL
January 16, 2013, 10:24 PM
How can you not like a governor that poses for pic's like this! :)

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m103/Bear_Claw_Chris_Lappe/Firearms/Western%20Guns/Gov-Perry-Colt-5_zps03af6237.jpg

M2 Carbine
January 16, 2013, 10:32 PM
For those that don't know, a little insight into Gov.Perry.

While jogging with his dog a Coyote attacked Gov. Perry's dog.
The governor shot the Coyote with the Ruger LCP he was carrying.

Ruger made a limited edition Coyote Special LCP.
As the box says,
for us Texans only.:D

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x464/Bell-helicopter-407/CoyoteSpecialLFTside.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x464/Bell-helicopter-407/CoyoteSpecialBox.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x464/Bell-helicopter-407/CoyoteSpecialRTside.jpg

Silent Bob
January 16, 2013, 10:37 PM
How can you not like a governor that poses for pic's like this! :)

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m103/Bear_Claw_Chris_Lappe/Firearms/Western%20Guns/Gov-Perry-Colt-5_zps03af6237.jpg
As opposed to this very cool photo of the weenie in chief I mean commander in chief enjoying some recreation:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kKpJRdXfZuA/THhIG-c7ieI/AAAAAAAAIYQ/_qjiyC8BTxQ/s1600/weenie-in-chief-on-bicycle.jpg

Rembrandt
January 16, 2013, 10:43 PM
Is he riding a little girls bike?

KMatch
January 16, 2013, 10:56 PM
Rembrandt, don't be so disrespectful. That's a Big girl's bike!

Gator 23
January 16, 2013, 11:00 PM
God bless Governor Perry and the great State of Texas!!

theautobahn
January 16, 2013, 11:01 PM

That is absolutely a girl's bike.

Pilot
January 16, 2013, 11:04 PM
Gov. Perry nailed it.

Clean97GTI
January 16, 2013, 11:15 PM
If this serves to soften republicans to the idea of improving mental health care in this country, then these events can have a happy ending.
This does little to address the paranoia that drove the sandy hook shooter to his terrible crime but at least this opens real discourse on the real problem in our society.

I may sound a bit heretical round these posts but i believe the idea of a universal background check requirement is long overdue. Banning specific guns and large magazines will do nothing however, we may be able to push new training requirements which would mean new fun owners would actually be skilled shooters with some knowledge of gun law by the time they finish the course.

This can work to everyone's advantage if we try.

taliv
January 16, 2013, 11:22 PM
wow, that is great to hear! sure beats the last president from texas' views on guns

sota
January 16, 2013, 11:23 PM
please.. let's not disrespect cyclists. some of us like firearms after all. :D

sota
January 16, 2013, 11:31 PM
and can I say, neither one is exercising good trigger finger discipline. unless of course Perry is actually pulling the trigger and shooting blanks (I hope.)

jim243
January 16, 2013, 11:31 PM
Cycling is one thing, but riding his daughter's bike is something else. (what a jerk)

Jim

Ms_Dragon
January 16, 2013, 11:38 PM
You good people move to Texas and secede.

Prophet
January 16, 2013, 11:39 PM
I like Perry, good guy. I got real laugh at the Coyote Special.

just as long as he doesn't wear a bikini...

Erhm. http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/palin.asp

sota
January 16, 2013, 11:40 PM
thanks. you made me throw up a little in my mouth.

although my statement still stands... I do NOT want to see Perry in a bikini!! :D

white house... maybe.

Strange Bob
January 16, 2013, 11:48 PM
Girls bike or not he doesn't have to worry about wracking his "boys" since they are MIA!

January 16, 2013, 11:55 PM
That's great! But, if he wants to run in 4 years, he had better start acting and talking as well as the prepared statements. Because we sure don't want another embarrassing showing on the national stage.

black_powder_Rob
January 17, 2013, 12:03 AM
Not a native Texan by birth but certainly a Texan by choice! God bless Texas!

jhb
January 17, 2013, 12:07 AM
"Weenie in chief" on the bike pic and comments.......now that was funniest thing I've seen today. Thanks for the laugh, Sir.

ApacheCoTodd
January 17, 2013, 12:17 AM
Exactly what we need - more articulate outrage voiced against the bizzaro-world in politics and media.

This one goes right up there as a shining example of the positions which we should be taking along with "standing on the graves..." by Shapiro to Morgan.

We should be outraged, we should be able to express with whom and why we are outraged and make the debate center on the illogical and untenable positions that the average anti takes.

gunsandreligion
January 17, 2013, 12:18 AM
After meeting the gov and all the other nomines in late 2011, this is the only high profile politician I can honesly say I liked as a person. If only for the fact the liberal media was downright scared of a guy who was sincere and that one department of uh.......

hogshead
January 17, 2013, 12:40 AM
"I may sound a bit heretical round these posts but i believe the idea of a universal background check requirement is long overdue." clean you dont sound heretical you sound like a anti. What good would ubc have done in any of the mass shootings? None. All they lead to are registration which leads to confiscation. Open your eyes you are the 2nd amendments worst enemy. A gun owner who thinks like the blind fool Obama worshipers.

Tcruse
January 17, 2013, 12:51 AM
No to gun registration. Any background check needs to implemented in a way that will not allow records being available to Feds.

DNS
January 17, 2013, 01:01 AM
No big surprise.

He's the same guy that's responsible for our gun boats too!

:D

Clean97GTI
January 17, 2013, 01:16 AM
"I may sound a bit heretical round these posts but i believe the idea of a universal background check requirement is long overdue." clean you dont sound heretical you sound like a anti. What good would ubc have done in any of the mass shootings? None. All they lead to are registration which leads to confiscation. Open your eyes you are the 2nd amendments worst enemy. A gun owner who thinks like the blind fool Obama worshipers.

Background checks are already successful at keeping disqualified people from buying guns from ffl dealers.
What is wrong with requiring them for all sales? If removing the right to bear arms is legal with due process and we task the government with this job, does it not make sense to require all sales to be subject to this scrutiny?
Background checks could also include those adjudicated mentally ill...another constitutionally sound principle.

It may not prevent all crazy people from doing crazy things but it might stop some of them and does not impede your exercise of the right to arms.

Squeaky Wheel
January 17, 2013, 01:16 AM
Rembrandt, don't be so disrespectful. That's a Big girl's bike!

KMatch -- I'm glad I wasn't drinking something when I saw this. I hate when liquid spews through my nostrils.

wojownik
January 17, 2013, 01:19 AM

Perhaps, but he's my kind a blithering idiot. Not like the Cuomo kind of blithering idiot. Or the Biden kind of Blithering idiot. Or the Bloomberg kind of blithering idiot.

lopaka
January 17, 2013, 01:43 AM
^^^^^This

He gets bonus points for pissing off the Austin libs.

nathan
January 17, 2013, 02:37 AM
I hope Jan 19 Gun Appreciation Day will be celebrated widespread in all of Texas !

tyler500e
January 17, 2013, 02:55 AM

+1
While I do appreciate his support of 2A, he doesn't seem to say or do anything when many of our other rights and liberties are violated. Supports Homeland Security, TSA, 2012 NDAA with indefinite detention clause, etc. When he ran for POTUS, he made a fool of himself due to his lack of a budget plan as well as an understanding of economics.

tyler500e
January 17, 2013, 05:31 AM
Do the Austin 'burbs have tentacles reaching into Kansas?!

Implying that my comment makes me a hippie liberal democrat? Haha Nope I'm just a guy that will keep fighting for your rights even as you vote to take mine away. :D

FROGO207
January 17, 2013, 07:26 AM
IF they do go to universal background checks it would necessitate the removal of requiring of personal data/SN be logged on paper and the VERIFIABLE deletion of records of search immediately upon completion of such. Otherwise the potential of government abuse is an eventual reality. And add that this is something the .gov will never consent to do as a compromise with us pro 2A types IMHO.:banghead:

BCCL
January 17, 2013, 09:00 AM
unless of course Perry is actually pulling the trigger and shooting blanks (I hope.)

He was, that picture is from the opening of a week long NASCAR event at Dallas Motor Speedway. Perry and the Mayor opened the celebration by firing off blanks from a matched pair of Turnbull Manufacturing Single Actions, that are prizes that go to the race winner later in the week.

The Palin pic' is fake, that's not her.

JustinJ
January 17, 2013, 10:07 AM
Yeah, let's pray to end violence. Worked so well with the TX drought.

Ryanxia
January 17, 2013, 10:37 AM
Great response.

Texan Scott
January 17, 2013, 11:13 AM
JustinJ, Ryanxia... perhaps some perspective: if Perry calls for prayer, and Obama calls for banning guns, possibly neither will have any quantifiable effect on crime; perhaps both are feel-good wishful thinking; perhaps both are a bit of pandering to the extreme end of a political base.

But I can pray without infringing on your civil liberties.

OpelBlitz
January 17, 2013, 11:15 AM
That's pretty cool. I always had respect for Perry, even after his less-than-stellar showing for POTUS.

brnmw
January 17, 2013, 11:20 AM

We'll just look at your location and consider the source!

+1 > Austin, go figure.

I think I would rather have conservative New Yorkers than Austin liberals in my state! :neener:

radiotom
January 17, 2013, 11:53 AM
I'm not from Texas, but it seems like the Austin commies have a humongous chip on their shoulder. Why?

OpelBlitz
January 17, 2013, 11:58 AM
radiotom, it seems from the VERY quick and uncomprehensive research I did that it's a big university town. (I'm sure someone who's actually from there or knows about the town can better answer). It definitely explains why Champaign, IL is more liberal compared to the rest of Illinois (excluding Chicagoland of course).

JustinJ
January 17, 2013, 12:31 PM
But I can pray without infringing on your civil liberties.

Sure you can and i couldn't care less if you do a rain dance either. The difference is, you are not a government official using your position to promote your religion.

I'm not from Texas, but it seems like the Austin commies have a humongous chip on their shoulder. Why?

Right, "Austin commies" for expressing a dislike of Perry and we're the one with chips on our shoulders?

And btw, if one believes that expressing a dislike for the mixing of religion and politics makes one a "commie" they would probably be far better served to maintain their ignorance regarding the views and beliefs of the most prominent founding fathers.

radiotom
January 17, 2013, 12:39 PM
Sure you can and i couldn't care less if you do a rain dance either. The difference is, you are not a government official using your position to promote your religion.

Right, "Austin commies" for expressing a dislike of Perry and we're the one with chips on our shoulders?

And btw, if one believes that expressing a dislike for the mixing of religion and politics makes one a "commie" they would probably be far better served to maintain their ignorance regarding the views and beliefs of the most prominent founding fathers.
I was waiting for you to say that I called you a commie. Try reading my comment again. :)

JustinJ
January 17, 2013, 12:49 PM
I was waiting for you to say that I called you a commie. Try reading my comment again.

Um, any rational person with an understanding of the english language and the workings of a message board would interpret your comments to mean that one or more of the posters here from austin is the "commie" you were referencing. One does not have to say "you are a commie" in order to call someone a commie. Given i was the last austin based poster(with the possible exception of Texan Scott) prior to your comment one could easily infer that i was the most likely target. If not, please clarify to which of us you were referring.

breakingcontact
January 17, 2013, 01:03 PM

Because...that's what the left does. They aren't a happy sort. They are jealous, angry and hateful. Here in ATX they are surrounded by normal people and despise them, almost as much as they despise themselves.

Gov Perry isn't perfect, but he's willing to stand up to the left and that gets my vote and respect.

Austin is a cool city. It is exhausting hearing about how cool it is though. Yes, we have bars and live music and tech jobs. There you go.

Don't paint us as a bunch of liberals though. There is a good mix here and the state of TX has laws that help keep the city of Austins laws in check.

Hoping to see a lot of people at the capitol on Saturday. Rick Perry shows up at the rally and fires off some blanks, that would top it all off.

phil dirt
January 17, 2013, 01:06 PM
"I'm not from Texas, but it seems like the Austin commies have a humongous chip on their shoulder. Why?"

Because they're like commies everywhere. They are continually angry about something, and what makes them most angry is when freedom loving citizens resist their attempts to control every aspect of our lives.

DNS
January 17, 2013, 01:16 PM
And they try to smoke strange things in Austin that make people crazy.
Cat turds, sweaty socks, old Smart car ads; the list goes on.
I hear that they eat their young and are all Sooners fans :eek:
Normal Texans avoid Austin like the plague.

Luv the Guv. :neener:

Vurtle
January 17, 2013, 01:16 PM
I have family and friends in Austin and even lived there for a short period. There are some very good people living there and outside of the city is very pretty. With that said, the fruitcake and freak ratio to normal people is very high. Downtown has a ton of people who would rather do what feels good than do what is right. Good morals and sense are far gone down there. And to top it off, they closed down my favorite disc golf course because of "erosion". The only erosion I saw was the people's morals.

JustinJ
January 17, 2013, 01:19 PM
Because...that's what the left does. They aren't a happy sort. They are jealous, angry and hateful. Here in ATX they are surrounded by normal people and despise them, almost as much as they despise themselves.

Most people who frequently say the "left" apply that term to anybody who doesn't agree with them but that is the biggest bunch of nonsense i've heard in a while. But if it's the left who are so angry and hateful please explain AM radio to me. Given our common location i'll cite Sergeant Sam as a prime example.

Gov Perry isn't perfect, but he's willing to stand up to the left and that gets my vote and respect.

Nor is any other politician. Its the hypocrisy of those who attack the "other team" for things that they don't seem to mind when their own does that i can't stand.

Austin is a cool city. It is exhausting hearing about how cool it is though. Yes, we have bars and live music and tech jobs. There you go.

Absolutely agree.

Don't paint us as a bunch of liberals though. There is a good mix here and the state of TX has laws that help keep the city of Austins laws in check.

Its not just the check of state laws against the city laws that i like. Its also the check of city attitudes against the rest of TX that i enjoy. The fact is Austin is a great city because of the mix of ideas and views and the balance it somehow creates.

I don't see the rest of the country flocking to Lubbock.

Vurtle
January 17, 2013, 01:20 PM
And don't forget the guy who rides around in a thong on a bicycle that everyone seems to know. I was watching my disc fly and along comes this crazy guy in a thong. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and all the locals acted as though that was normal.

HOOfan_1
January 17, 2013, 01:22 PM
I can agree with the "it takes a person to pull the trigger" but then blaming video games makes no more sense than blaming the guns.

JustinJ
January 17, 2013, 01:25 PM
And don't forget the guy who rides around in a thong on a bicycle that everyone seems to know. I was watching my disc fly and along comes this crazy guy in a thong. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and all the locals acted as though that was normal.

Ugh, thanks for reminding me of the image i've been trying to bleach from my brain. As gross as it is though, he aint actually hurting nobody so he's left alone. Okay, its painful to look at but you know what i mean. Anyways, allowing him to do 'that' is what liberty entails.

allaroundhunter
January 17, 2013, 01:31 PM
radiotom, it seems from the VERY quick and uncomprehensive research I did that it's a big university town. (I'm sure someone who's actually from there or knows about the town can better answer). It definitely explains why Champaign, IL is more liberal compared to the rest of Illinois (excluding Chicagoland of course).

So, because it is a big college town it is liberal?....

Go to College Station (Texas A&M University) and see how far a liberal mindset will get you (not very far).

It is the fact that it is a very liberal-minded school. Whether the liberal minded school was there first or the liberal minded populace I have no idea.... All I can say is... Austin is weird, and for some reason they like to keep it that way :confused:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5W2m5RdMc5zjV5r6cjAedcY6i3cMPlicpDOZX0qWa9rtOuE3l

breakingcontact
January 17, 2013, 01:35 PM
Most of Austin isn't that weird.

You can see a very clear divide between the new wealthy tech/Cali Austin and the old outlaw country hippie Austin.

That's why Portland was invented.

Arkansas Paul
January 17, 2013, 01:40 PM
I may sound a bit heretical round these posts but i believe the idea of a universal background check requirement is long overdue.

Well, at least you're aware that you're a hypocrite. Which kind of makes it worse.

allaroundhunter
January 17, 2013, 01:40 PM
I can agree with the "it takes a person to pull the trigger" but then blaming video games makes no more sense than blaming the guns.

I will disagree with you there. Video games make it "okay" to shoot another person (virtually), however, for someone with a mental illness, the step from virtual killing to reality is non-existant. What is okay in one world to them is just as okay in the other. It also desensitizes to an extent.

Heck, I remember a case within the past 5 years where a group of kids went out into the real world and played "Grand Theft Auto". They stole a car, tried to kill the owner, and then actually raped a woman.... All part of the game (rape was not part of the game, but the sexual references to the idea are). Tell me that the video game did not have an effect there? It most certainly did.

Do they have that effect on everyone that plays them? Of course not. Heck, I have played my fair share of video games but have never had an urge to kill another human being, and it has not translated into my "real" life. There are people who are more prone to being affected....

Vurtle
January 17, 2013, 01:43 PM
It is burned in my brain too. I agree about his liberty. And I am glad to know we live in a country that allows me to do this if I wish. Sorry for getting off topic. I have not always been a strong supporter of Perry, but I am proud to have him as our governor. He is willing to stand up against a tyrant group of politicians and we need more of those kind of leaders.

HOOfan_1
January 17, 2013, 01:47 PM
Do they have that effect on everyone that plays them? Of course not. Heck, I have played my fair share of video games but have never had an urge to kill another human being, and it has not translated into my "real" life. There are people who are more prone to being affected....

Well, I just don't think the games are what cause the people to be violent, instead violent people like violent video games.

I just don't see that saying "if these violent video games were not around, then these psychos wouldn't kill" as being any different than saying "If these psychos didn't have access to guns, they couldn't kill".

The people are to blame for their own actions.

radiotom
January 17, 2013, 01:55 PM
Um, any rational person with an understanding of the english language and the workings of a message board would interpret your comments to mean that one or more of the posters here from austin is the "commie" you were referencing. One does not have to say "you are a commie" in order to call someone a commie. Given i was the last austin based poster(with the possible exception of Texan Scott) prior to your comment one could easily infer that i was the most likely target. If not, please clarify to which of us you were referring.
I'm starting to wonder if you are just a troll.

Can you see that "commies" in my comment is plural? Maybe that should have been your first hint that I wasn't speaking to you. Perhaps I was speaking in general about Austin commies. Perhaps?

Anyways, it seems like the ones from Austin are more miserable than average though. Could it be because they live in the middle of Texas and wish they were in some commie stronghold? Are they upset to be surrounded by happy, freedom loving Texans?

JustinJ
January 17, 2013, 02:06 PM
I'm starting to wonder if you are just a troll.

Why, because i don't agree with your views i must be?

Can you see that "commies" in my comment is plural? Maybe that should have been your first hint that I wasn't speaking to you. Perhaps I was speaking in general about Austin commies. Perhaps?

Perhaps, but in context of the conversation such a general statement would then be completely random and out of left field.

Anyways, it seems like the ones from Austin are more miserable than average though. Could it be because they live in the middle of Texas and wish they were in some commie stronghold? Are they upset to be surrounded by happy, freedom loving Texans?

Nah, we just get irritated when we encounter people who lack an understanding of how human communication works.

radiotom
January 17, 2013, 02:11 PM
Why, because i don't agree with your views i must be?

Perhaps, but in context of the conversation such a general statement would then be completely random and out of left field.

Nah, we just get irritated when we encounter people who lack an understanding of how human communication works.

:what:

tyler500e
January 17, 2013, 02:26 PM
So a dislike for Rick Perry makes me a liberal? Wow :banghead:

Last time I checked I've never registered or voted Liberal Democrat, only Republican and Libertarian. In a nutshell, the government should be VERY small, they should tax A LOT less, and they should follow the constitution.

People should be able to do whatever the hell they want so long as it isn't harming someone else. If you want to drive a Humvee, buy booze on sunday, park a broken down car in your driveway, buy up select fire weapons like P90s and MP5s without the ATF hassle, start a business right now without the piles of paperwork/ legal fees/etc, smoke marijuana in your living room, and keep the money you earn, then more power to ya! But as soon as you start robbing/stealing, assaulting/murdering, etc, then the government should exact justice.

I don't agree with the flawed Keynesian Economics theory that is so common place today, meaning that if the gov't spends more, the economy will improve. Our debt is completely out of control, federal stimulus packages only put a bandaid on a problem that is hemorrhaging. I think this will lead to the eventual collapse of the dollar.

Do we understand the difference between a liberal and a libertarian now? :neener:

JustinJ
January 17, 2013, 02:33 PM
radiotom, why i need to explain this is beyond me but if you read the comment i was replying to it included "the oneS from Austin". Obviously my comment was a snarky reply in jest.

radiotom
January 17, 2013, 02:40 PM
radiotom, why i need to explain this is beyond me but if you read the comment i was replying to it included "the oneS from Austin". Obviously my comment was a snarky reply in jest.
Obviously in my comment "ones" was referring to commies (what else have I been talking about?), and any rational person with an understanding of the english language and the workings of a message board would interpret your statement as including yourself with them by using "we". :neener:

TNBilly
January 17, 2013, 02:53 PM
We'll just look at your location and consider the source! :D
vs what, yours, real high ground! Any TEXAN would know Perry is a POLITICIAN

JustinJ
January 17, 2013, 03:02 PM
Obviously in my comment "ones" was referring to commies (what else have I been talking about?), and any rational person with an understanding of the english language and the workings of a message board would interpret your statement as including yourself with them by using "we".

I realize that. Which is why the "we" in my comment was referring to the other commies and I.

Sam1911
January 17, 2013, 03:34 PM
Sheesh, enough of this. Gun control -- on topic. Who's a filthy commie? Not on topic.

Isn't that clear?

If you enjoyed reading about "Statement by Gov. Perry on President" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!