Pierce Morgan getting so obsessed with the AR

PDA

nathan
January 17, 2013, 12:32 AM
He is asking to two progun ladies in tonight' show , Why does one need an AR 15? Why ? He keeps pestering everytime the ladies tried to answer the question. Wow, this man is getting way out of his normal behavior on national TV. I wish the ladies asked him in return, Why did the British Army in WW2 trained their troops to shoot the Lee Enfield No 4 as fast as they can ? Lee Enfield considered as the fastest bolt action . In the right hands, it can deliver 55 rds in a minute.

The AR carbine has evolved to date as the best self defense weapon today as it can carry lots of ammo and they are dead reliable and light. They are easy to master for all age groups and easy to shoot accurately. In a world today with so much evil, its a great tool to have in the event you have to defend life and limb. Home invasions nowadays involved multiple perpetrators and many are heavily armed and can be hardcore criminals. Having an AR is a great choice of a weapon with lot s of firepower to bear when you have to protect your life , family and friends.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pierce Morgan getting so obsessed with the AR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gunNoob
January 17, 2013, 02:01 AM
It sucks but I'm glad they want to get rid of ARs rather than AKs (the gun that's probably killed the most people in history). AKs are my favorite ^_^

Justin
January 17, 2013, 02:06 AM
Deep down inside, I'd like to think that everyone who creates or subsequently posts on a thread about Piers Morgan was really only half-paying attention to his idiot show, because they were busily drafting letters to their elected representatives and/or filling out the online donation forms for pro-RKBA organizations.

BHP FAN
January 17, 2013, 02:06 AM
you mean this guy?

http://patdollard.com/2013/01/flashback-most-dishones-journalist-of-our-times-piers-morgan-fired-from-bbc-for-malicious-hoax-of-fake-iraqi-prisoner-abuse-that-caused-so-much-damage-served-as-al-qaeda-recruiting-pos/

KAS1981
January 17, 2013, 02:10 AM
It sucks but I'm glad they want to get rid of ARs rather than AKs (the gun that's probably killed the most people in history). AKs are my favorite ^_^

Crummy attitude and uninformed. Real nice.

guyfromohio
January 17, 2013, 02:17 AM
Gunnoob... Lol...thanks for the levity.

r1derbike
January 17, 2013, 02:55 AM
Oh, Piers Morgan; that incredibly stupid man. Who doesn't know what an assault rifle is. Who was fired from his position for putting staged, fake photos in a tabloid to document the atrocities of U.K. soldiers, while in the U.K.

He is a charlatan, liar, and his own people don't want him disgracing their shores again. He has zero credibility. A misguided fool, using massaged statistics to try to make points that are asinine, untrue, and would only be touted by a foolish British twit.

Piers Morgan; begone. Your sullied reputation leaves you intellectually impotent, and you appear a fool, with a manufactured cause; rewrite the Bible, and spew liberal, anti-gun effluent on your show. You have been branded a treasonous traitor in the U.K. Ditto here as well.

Powerglide
January 17, 2013, 03:44 AM
We have had our differences with the Brits.We know to avoid the ones like Morgan and his deviant, silly, stupid show.

Gryffydd
January 17, 2013, 03:47 AM
If we're going to complain about the guy we can at least call him by his name.
Piers.
It's not even pronounced the same as Pierce.
I think he's as misguided and worthless as everybody else around here does, but I can tell you that messing up his name isn't going to help lend your argument any weight when talking to the fence-sitters.

OP, don't take this personally. You're far from the only one.

gunNoob
January 17, 2013, 03:58 AM
It was a joke. Sorry guys!

Davek1977
January 17, 2013, 04:04 AM
n/m

Pilot
January 17, 2013, 04:16 AM
Don't watch him. His ratings were suffering and he was nearly fired by CNN until he found his second career, villifying legal guns, and the AR-15, and his ratings rose. Stop helping his career. Spend your time pressuring your elected officials and getting others to do the same.

SleazyRider
January 17, 2013, 05:11 AM
Don't watch him. His ratings were suffering and he was nearly fired by CNN until he found his second career, villifying legal guns, and the AR-15, and his ratings rose. Stop helping his career. Spend your time pressuring your elected officials and getting others to do the same.
Ha! I'm forced to watch him---from the treadmill at my local gym where CNN is the station of choice. But it works for me, because I get so pissed off that my heart rate goes up as if I'm running uphill. In fact, I watched CNN for hours this week, and realized that 80 percent of their energies are devoted to gun control, the other 20 percent being equally divided between Lance Armstrong and the shortcomings of Republicans on Capitol Hill. To call itself Cable Network News is somewhat of a misnomer, as "news" is only a small part of their agenda.
As I look around at the faces of other runners, I wonder if I am the only one who recognizes the irony of a Brit lecturing Americans on gun control, when it was guns that were responsible for gaining our independence from Britain.

1911Tuner
January 17, 2013, 05:23 AM
Piers Morgan is more obsessed with anyone challenging his position than anything else. He considers himself to be a person of consequence...a man of great influence if you prefer...because he has a public forum from which he shares his wisdom and insight with those of lower intelligence.

Queen_of_Thunder
January 17, 2013, 08:48 AM
Write his advertisers and ask them if they want their product associated with the likes of Morgan. Also write and ask why would they hire such a person as his failures as a journalist reflect on CNN. Complaining about him here does nothing to address the problem.

So what do you plan to do?

JohnBT
January 17, 2013, 08:59 AM
Journalist or tabloidist?

He was a writer and editor for British tabloids including The Sun, News of the World and Daily Mirror. And he was a judge on Britain's Got Talent.

He voted for Susan Boyle, but I imagine he had to be bribed given his past shady business practices; phone hacking, insider trading, etc.

John

mljdeckard
January 17, 2013, 09:03 AM
I concur with post 13 entirely. I had never watched his show, and I have only watched a couple of the youtube clips of our guys debating him, and realized that I had seen everything he was going to say.

There is a fine line between "I'm going back to England because America is too dangerous." and "I have to go back to England because my ratings are so terrible." Help him leave. Don't watch him.

bigfatdave
January 17, 2013, 09:10 AM
Can we move this to the Piers Morgan sub-forum?

Stop giving the attention whore attention

Grassman
January 17, 2013, 09:11 AM
He's found a ratings bonanza and he's gonna ride it for all it's worth, it's nothing more than taking advantage of the situation.

Ky Larry
January 17, 2013, 09:19 AM
I wonder what George Washington or Andy Jackson would do with a redcoat who was trying to subvert the Constitution of the United States? I can almost smell the bubbling tar and plucked chicken feathers. Now there is a nice mental picture.:cool:

nathan
January 17, 2013, 09:21 AM
He is now resorting to tactics of a MI 6 interrogator or Scotland Yard constabulary bully demanding an answer to his questions. The tactic is to keep screaming into the face in increasing crescendo and tone of voice so subject will squirm and succcumb in the end .
British tactics in its imperial days as a limey nation.

BHP FAN
January 17, 2013, 09:57 AM
Don't blame the Brits, they were smart enough to sack him.

dirtykid
January 17, 2013, 10:07 AM
My wife asks me why I have been watching his show lately, she thought I hated him.

I told her I do, I just like to watch when somebody hands him his arse on live TV, I espically liked the one brunette that kept shutting him down everytime !!

MacTech
January 17, 2013, 11:42 AM
IOW, he has delusions of grandeur then...

Cesiumsponge
January 17, 2013, 11:44 AM
This is what happens when you put a disgraced ambush tabloid journalist on a quasi-news network.

Calibre44
January 17, 2013, 12:09 PM
Morgan is just a self-publicist moron who has no idea about firearms. He keeps bleating on about AR15s, AK47s and the like in the US and hasn't a clue that they are perfectly legal in the UK (albeit in a straight-pill configurations whereby you have to manually pull back the bolt to eject and load each cartridge) without any mag restrictions. I own an AR15 .22 in semi-auto and also a Lee Enfield No4.

If he asked me to justify why I own them I'd tell him to stick his opinions and his question where the 'sun don't shine' ... I own them because I can ... end of.

I am staggered that you give him any airtime at all - he is an arse. He is doing exactly what CNN wanted him to do: be controversial and increase ratings. ... which, unfortunately he has.

He is universally disliked over here as a pretentious idiot who is only interested in one thing: himself.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg230/woodsy_2008/Guns/misc2032_zpscd506a0c.jpg
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg230/woodsy_2008/Guns/misc009.jpg

nathan
January 17, 2013, 12:14 PM
Pierce, i dont have an AR carbine but i have an AK 47 and Limey Enfield No 4. No offense to the AR crowd. I do like to have an AR though but maybe im late for the boat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX_kAeHY4Qk

Fryerpower
January 17, 2013, 12:15 PM
I would love to write to the companies that advertized on his show, but I don't watch him and have no idea who they are.

Jim

skeeziks
January 17, 2013, 12:32 PM
The individuals we have representing us on these totally biased (crap) shows are not prepared at all.
I'm still waiting for one of them to answer Pierce's...and Lawrence O'Donnell's...and Chris Mathews', etc., question "Why do you need an AR15 and high-capacity mags?" with this:

"To protect myself and my family." then they will say "But you can do that with a shotgun or a handgun." And that's when they have to be told that when the bad guys come into our homes armed to the teeth, we NEED to be able to "Equalize" things as best we are able. But of course this would fall on deaf ears, as usual.

Cosmoline
January 17, 2013, 12:37 PM
This is a man who's name is an anagram of Romping A__e. Using the Queen's spelling for the name for a donkey.

JohnM
January 17, 2013, 12:43 PM
This guy is just another media freak. He's a dolled up Jerry Springer.
Every time someone looks at his show, even if it's just to see what the hell it's all about, increases the ratings.

CountryUgly
January 17, 2013, 12:46 PM
Who is Piers Morgan?????? I haven't had time to watch tv much less CNN. My fingers are generally too tired after hours typing letters to local and national Reps to use a remote. My boot's soles are worn out from pavement pounding. I barely have time to check in THR but if this guy is sooooo important someone let me know so I can make it a point to catch him.

nathan
January 17, 2013, 01:19 PM
He is turning his show into a British tabloid talkshow. Last night he acted like a Mi 6 interrogator and Scotland Yard constabulary questioning a suspect to their knees. He was pure bully.

youngda9
January 17, 2013, 01:23 PM
His "debate strategy", and he did it with this woman as well as with Alex Jones and others, is to attempt to get the opponent to admit to some position he deems "extreme" and then use that to discredit everything the person says about anything thereafter. It's sad to watch. One guy called him out on it quite well. When you've lost the battle of ideas and facts, denegrate your opponent...it's one of the oldest tricks in the books.

nathan
January 17, 2013, 01:40 PM
YEah, he did ask , If you think you have the right to own anything, would you have the right to own a tank ? He kept pushing and insisting the question to be answered. He is so out of touch. His use of airtime was such a waste and he intentionally wanted to sound it that way . He is treating American gunowners like idiots especially to those who like to own ARs.

Andrew Leigh
January 17, 2013, 01:42 PM
Boycott Pierce on the forum, stop giving him airtime.

Queen_of_Thunder
January 17, 2013, 01:44 PM
I'd love to be on his show. I'd have him crying in 5minutes time and shopping for an AR within 24 hours.

gym
January 17, 2013, 01:50 PM
I watched that last night at the gym while I worked out, this way I could allow my disgust of his attitude be focused on the weights. He wouldn't let either gal finish a sentence unless it was the answer he was fishing for. Like the Tank deal.
Shold everyone be allowed to own a tank or a nuclear weapon, everytime they started to answer the rifle question , he would hit with the tank thing.
But Al roker "who came in later" said I think it would be fun to own a tank. "kidding around", honestlly as long as it wasn't in violation of a motor vechicle code, why not own a tank. If you have private property that you may drive a half billion dollar tank on, "or whatever they cost", then you should be able to own one. No one said anything about shooting from the tank, just driving it.
Maybe Jay Leno has a Tank?

Ignition Override
January 17, 2013, 02:04 PM
As Larry Pratt basically said to Piers at the end of their gun debate, Piers M. = Neville Chamberlain (1938).
Larry did really well in that debate.

willymike
January 17, 2013, 02:10 PM
I tuned Piers Morgan off months ago. I simply can't stand him regardless of his gun debate. I rarely watch CNN since I find that they place me in a bad mood more often than not with their liberal leftist reporting. I've only watched very brief moments of his vile behavior, so I just change the channel and go on to something that is more conducive to maintaining my blood pressure in the proper range. I suggest others do the same. Watching only provides CNN with ratings and justification to keep this fool. Hopefully, his mouth will eventually be his downfall. "A fool's mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul."

nathan
January 17, 2013, 04:03 PM
I cant find a video of Pierce 's interviewing those two ladies last night asking the same question if one can own a tank? But yes, if you have the money then why not ? Arnold Schwarzenegger owns one and he even invited friends to see what it can do. The ladies should have told Pierce, Yes and absolutely ! There are many collectors out there of tanks and they have the dough to make it happen. Its a matter of money. IM sure Pierce knows that there are tank collectors out there but he was baiting the ladies if they know their stuff.

http://collider.com/arnold-schwarzenegger-tank-ride-last-stand/221795/

If you enjoyed reading about "Pierce Morgan getting so obsessed with the AR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!