A suggestion for US ammunition and firearms manufacturers

PDA

gazpacho
January 17, 2013, 03:48 AM
While perusing what limited ammunition was available at my local ammo retailer, I noticed what primarily remained was boutique "specialty" ammo. Speer Gold Dot Short Barrel, Hornady Personal Defense, Hornady Zombie Max, etc.

My mind drifted to the horrible idea of certain calibers being banned. I got a little chuckle at the idea of headlines saying the government would be, "banning anti-zombie" ammunition.

This led to the idea of ways to make it similarly humorous or less palatable to even suggest banning certain firearms or ammunition.

For instance, what if there existed a cartridge that was similar to .38 Special, but maybe 1/8" shorter called .358 RPM where RPM stood for "Rape Prevention Munition". The bullet design would be optimized for stopping a determined rapist, by an otherwise defenseless woman. Various companies could design firearms that were especially suited to close range self defense scenarios, like rape.

I think I would be important for the public to see a headline stating, "Government seeks to ban rape prevention".

If you enjoyed reading about "A suggestion for US ammunition and firearms manufacturers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
j.kramer
January 17, 2013, 03:51 AM
better yet .50 bmg hunting ammo

Shadow 7D
January 17, 2013, 04:15 AM
Yep, you need those .50 Big Moose Getter, why, maybe a .375 super shorty mag can get you a small one, not much larger than a calf, a .50BMG, is what's called for to put those big bulls down.

paramedic70002
January 18, 2013, 01:01 AM
Nah. Just label the standard box:

RECOMMENDED AND IDEALLY SUITED FOR PREVENTION OF RAPE, MURDER, HOME INVASION, CARJACKING, FELONIOUS ASSAULT, MOB VIOLENCE, GANG VIOLENCE, TARGET SHOOTING AND HUNTING. CRIMINAL USE ABSOLUTELY PROHIBITED AND ALL GUARANTEES ARE VOID.

If you enjoyed reading about "A suggestion for US ammunition and firearms manufacturers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!