there's got to be a better way.....

PDA

SSN Vet
January 17, 2013, 01:37 PM
to get Federal primers out of their ridiculous packaging and into my Lee primer feed trays.

I'm getting tired of chasing them around the bench.

If you enjoyed reading about "there's got to be a better way....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SSN Vet
January 17, 2013, 01:57 PM
found this.... but you still have to flip half of them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac4wBIwMZBg

I can do the entire 100 count of Win primers in the tray in less than a minute, and not spill or have to flip any of them.

7boomer2
January 17, 2013, 08:58 PM
slowly empty onto a paer towel or plate fold and pour into your tray:D

vtail
January 17, 2013, 09:17 PM
What?

Just get the RCBS flip trays. They are square and fit the packaging perfectly.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/466211/rcbs-primer-turning-tray

Walkalong
January 17, 2013, 09:22 PM
Dump them in your hand, dump them in the tray.

420Stainless
January 17, 2013, 09:41 PM
The center portion of the Lee tray, at least on my old Auto-Primes (the original version have a warning not to use with Federal), is wide enough to accept about 5 rows of the primers at a time. So I used to just poke half of the package tray out of the sleeve and load those into the center. I'd only get 50 at a time, but it worked without spilling any and usually without leaving any, or many, to flip. Nowadays I have a RamPrime that I use with Federals since the old Auto-Primes aren't supposed to be safe for them.

Been so long since I used Federal I went and checked a box. Forgot these were the one's packed sideways. Ignore the comment about not having to flip, obviously that couldn't have been right.

FROGO207
January 17, 2013, 10:15 PM
I do not bother use them as I don't feel the need to deal with such things.YMMV

taraquian
January 17, 2013, 11:08 PM
You can use a tray (I just use a metal lid from a 'tin' DVD case) when you flip the tray don't pick up the primer package all the way, about 2/3 of the way pull or push it as you lift the remaining 1/3. I have actually got all 100 right this way. :what:OK it was only once but it works pretty good

Certaindeaf
January 17, 2013, 11:20 PM
I carefully pour them into a pie tin and then dump them on the floor.

ngnrd
January 18, 2013, 12:33 AM
Dump 'em in a baggie and pour 'em into the tray.

SSN Vet
January 18, 2013, 04:38 PM
when you flip the tray don't pick up the primer package all the way, about 2/3 of the way pull or push it as you lift the remaining 1/3.

best recommendation award goes to taraquian...

I'll give that a try this weekend .... as my wife and daughters have a "chick flick" festival planned and I surely intend to be in the man cave for that event.

If you enjoyed reading about "there's got to be a better way....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!