Make Em Crazy New Yorkers, Buy a box of Ammo

PDA

Redlg155
January 17, 2013, 05:37 PM
You guys need to do a test of the system.

What if you could get at least 50% of the gun owners to go the dealer/store and purchase one box of .22 ammo each day? Just a cheap 50 round box of federals (a fitting name might I add). Since a background check needs to be completed on each purchase, it might show them the futility and enormous cost of requiring BG checks on ammo.

If you enjoyed reading about "Make Em Crazy New Yorkers, Buy a box of Ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Queen_of_Thunder
January 17, 2013, 07:42 PM
Was speaking with a friend about the same thing. I would also suggest that it occur at the very same time. Say right before lunch.

MErl
January 17, 2013, 07:50 PM
trouble with that idea is that those who enacted the laws don't give a rats ass if you have to wait 5 hours to buy ammo. They will cheer

wooly bugger
January 17, 2013, 08:02 PM
I think freezing up the system is the point. De facto ban. Fortunately, if it continues and nothing is done to fix it, it might become a liability for the law in court review.

mgkdrgn
January 17, 2013, 08:02 PM
^^^ what he said

GlowinPontiac
January 17, 2013, 08:07 PM
Can someone from out of state buy ammo in NY? Obviously they won't be in the NY background check system.

lobo9er
January 17, 2013, 08:10 PM
I would be game to do it. name day and time 6 or 7 pm would be good maybe thursday?

Queen_of_Thunder
January 17, 2013, 08:29 PM
The whole purpose is to protest the actions of the State Government. Its what they call peaceful civil disobedence.

TennJed
January 17, 2013, 08:37 PM
It will scare them that so much ammo is being released into the public. They will pass a law in the middle of the night limiting each peson to 1 box of ammo a month.

bushmaster1313
January 17, 2013, 08:44 PM
trouble with that idea is that those who enacted the laws don't give a rats ass if you have to wait 5 hours to buy ammo. They will cheer

yup

Is there a provision that if you are not denied in a number of days it automatically goes through?

If you enjoyed reading about "Make Em Crazy New Yorkers, Buy a box of Ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!