Who is David Keene

PDA

TNBilly
January 17, 2013, 06:59 PM
I'm sure a lot of people have joined or rejoined as I have the NRA in hopes of having a bigger conservative hammer to use in the 2nd amendment fight! Just read an article at this linkhttp://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/US-Gun-Control-NRA/2013/01/17/id/471835?promo_code=F53D-1&utm_source=Israel_National_News&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1

They are quoting a fellow by the name of David Keene supposedly expressing NRA approval for tighter universal BG checks. Anyone know of this fellow and if he is a spokesperson of any kind for the NRA? If what is presented IS true my support for the NRA will many years shorter than the last time. I'll reserve stronger comment other than to say if this is true what part about NO, NO, HELL NO don't they understand? Must be a high level of interbreeding with out politicians!

If you enjoyed reading about "Who is David Keene" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
pendennis
January 17, 2013, 07:55 PM
David Keene is the president of the NRA.

Red Sky
January 17, 2013, 07:57 PM
Keep in mind that they if they say they are in favor of some measures they can MUCH more easily fight anything else with less pressure. I don't think the statement refers to universal background checks (private sales) so much as strengthening inter-agency reporting and such, but could be mistaken.

Birch Knoll
January 17, 2013, 08:09 PM
They are quoting a fellow by the name of David Keene supposedly expressing NRA approval for tighter universal BG checks. Anyone know of this fellow and if he is a spokesperson of any kind for the NRA?

<facepalm/>

TNBilly
January 17, 2013, 08:42 PM
Well.... read through the board page, at least I'm a little less ignorant than when I posed the question of whom he is. Time I'm sure will shortly tell what the official stand is to be.

TennJed
January 17, 2013, 08:45 PM
Thanks for rejoining. Everyone who is not, needs to

alsaqr
January 17, 2013, 08:47 PM
Keene is a long time political operative. IMO: Keene is not good for gunowners or the NRA. Keene warned a UN treaty was going to take our guns. Now it looks like the state of NY, among other states, are going to take our guns.

hso
January 17, 2013, 09:56 PM
He said that NRA was supportive of strengthening background checks NOT adding background checks for personal sales.

Strengthening background checks means improving the NICS system is all.

TNBilly
January 18, 2013, 01:40 AM
hso : you must have a different take on what the use of "strengthening" would mean than I. It has always in the past been a "code word" for where I would use more repressive or controlling. The only way for NICS to be improved IMO is to eliminate it! Barring that what they should have had from day 1 is accountability for and meaningful response if needed for their determination in a BG check. And...... not an in-house determination for contested ones.

alsaqr: I saw a large political spectrum when I read through the board members credentials, for sure. I think I'll do little more research on the boards president for my personal satisfaction.

If you enjoyed reading about "Who is David Keene" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!