What my sheriff says about gun control

PDA

au01st
January 18, 2013, 06:50 PM
Since other sheriffs are speaking out, I thought I'd share what mine wrote recently:

As Sheriff of Houston County it is my job to protect the constitutional rights of our citizens. The second amendment is a right, not a privilege and shall not be infringed upon. As long as I am Sheriff of Houston County, I will not allow anyone to seize any firearms from law abiding citizens within this county.

Sheriff Andy R. Hughes
January 17, 2013

I like it. Short, sweet, and to the point. I recently moved here for work, so I didn't get to vote for him. I may be moving again soon, so I might never get to. But dang if I don't wish I could and you can believe I'll be sending a campaign contribution.

If you enjoyed reading about "What my sheriff says about gun control" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Grassman
January 18, 2013, 07:02 PM
Good on him, glad you have a sheriff that knows what his job is.

35Rem
January 18, 2013, 07:13 PM
My sheriff too. Great guy

And War Eagle!

au01st
January 18, 2013, 07:45 PM
War damn eagle! AU alum here.

TanklessPro
January 18, 2013, 07:52 PM
I'm glad to see a sheriff in Alabama is standing up for us. I have not heard from my Sheriff,Bill Franklin. Since we are a very conservative county and knowing his stance on similar issues, I believe I know where he will stand.

I can't help but, ROLL TIDE. :p

At least we can agree on standing together on RKBA.

If you enjoyed reading about "What my sheriff says about gun control" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!