Seriously Now

PDA

mike.
January 18, 2013, 11:20 PM
When do the experts on this forum(and y'all know who you are)think this gouging on prices will end:cuss:

If you enjoyed reading about "Seriously Now" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mgmorden
January 18, 2013, 11:23 PM
There is no gouging. Price is a function of supply and demand. If supply gets short or demand goes up then prices also go up.

Well, demand is through the roof right now, so as they should in a free market, the prices go up.

When they come down is anyone's guess, but my prediction would be:

If any new legislation passes I'd expect the price of anything effected to only appreciate over time (assuming that these things are still transferable). The price of items unaffected will likely come down by the end of the year.

If nothing new passes, then basically the same, except that the prices of everything will be down by the end of the year.

76shuvlinoff
January 18, 2013, 11:24 PM
I'm still calling it a free market and it's only gouging if you got caught unprepared... but I'm no expert.

It ain't like we're talking about bread, milk, and fuel in a blizzard... or bourbon.

USAF_Vet
January 18, 2013, 11:29 PM
I figure after any proposed legislation has met an end, for good or ill, the prices will stabilize.

That could take years. Hopefully, prices should calm down by spring or summer, but don't hold me to that.

Jeff H
January 18, 2013, 11:34 PM
There is no gouging. Price is a function of supply and demand. If supply gets short or demand goes up then prices also go up.

Agreed, but CTD has taken things too far and it should be considered gouging. $129 for used GI AR mags and $399 for 300 rounds of 5.56 is wayyyyy beyond obnoxious. I haven't bought from them in a while and will never again.

On another note, I learned from the last time the Emperor was elected and I have stocked up. I have one order on back order currently, but it doesn't really bother me if it takes a couple of months to get here since I have ample supplies.

Robert
January 18, 2013, 11:35 PM
Ug. We have had plenty of this type of thread in the recent past. We don't really need another one. And since none of us have a crystal ball there is no way to tell if, or when, prices will go back down.

If you enjoyed reading about "Seriously Now" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!