Traditional scope or ACOG??

PDA

bojangles5169
January 18, 2013, 10:44 PM
I have a number of ARs, 1 w/Bushnell 4-12x50, 1 w/Aimpoint red dot, 1 w/Eotech. I have a 16" LaRue OBR .223 on order that is said to be a tack driver and recently looked at a 4x Trijicon ACOG that blew me away in the store. The dilemma is what to mount on the LaRue when it comes in (have backup order placed w/dealer friend who ordered long b4 I did). I read a review from a OBR owner saying he wished he had mounted the Trijicon 5-20x50. I read up on that scope and it has great features but I rarely shoot over 100 yds. (city captive). And - - I would like to mount iron sights as a backup but not sure you could see them thru a low mount ACOG. Yeah, I know. Get both optics w/LaRue's quick detach & return to zero on both. I really like the features on both of the Trij optics i.e. parallax adj on the 5-20x50 & drop marks on the ACOG. Hey, these toys ain't cheap! Any ideas or recommendations? :banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "Traditional scope or ACOG??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Traditional scope or ACOG??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!