Russian Red Dot for AK

PDA

Okiegunner
January 19, 2013, 12:49 AM
Looking to buy a Russian made red dot for a SGL-21. I would like to keep everything as authentic as possible, so I am looking at Russian or Com-bloc make.

Does anyone have any experience or knowlrdge of the PK-O1V red-dot? What would be a fair price to pay?

If you enjoyed reading about "Russian Red Dot for AK" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MagnumWill
January 19, 2013, 01:31 AM
Check out Kalinka Optics to start. I'm not sure if they're Russian, but I certainly think these are imported from a local com-bloc country. I've been eyeing the 1P63 Obzor for my RPK for a while now :cool:. From what I hear, Kalinka's red dots have a pretty good reputation.

Okiegunner
January 19, 2013, 03:41 AM
Thanks Magnum,

Looking at PK-01V Russian or PK-A.

TurtlePhish
January 19, 2013, 10:59 AM
Any of those Russian-made combat optics are tough as hell. They also have a tendency to sit a bit high over the bore, but I've NEVER heard of one failing.

Prices seem like they're all in the $250-$400 range. Kalinka's a good place to start, but shipping from Russia can take a while.

aubie515
January 19, 2013, 11:43 AM
Guy on GB sells many of the Russian optics for great prices. I bought a blem from him and it was a great price.

I forget his user name, but if you do a search for Russian optics it should locate him.

Auto426
January 19, 2013, 03:11 PM
I believe Atlantic Firearms also carries a few of the Russian optics.

Okiegunner
January 20, 2013, 12:37 AM
Thanks

I settled on the PK-0V1 red dot and mount. Ordered a new one out of Belarus. I was a little skeptical about ordering but I did use "paypal". Price inclusive of shipping is $229.00

Pilot
January 20, 2013, 06:50 AM
Where did you get the one from Belarus? Thanks.

grilledcheese
January 20, 2013, 11:41 AM
Last year I bought a PK-A red dot from Eastwave Optics. They have a website, but you order by email and I paid through PayPal. Received the sight in a little over a week, mailed straight from Russia. Works fine, came with a camo carry pouch and instruction sheet (in Cyrillic). No problems with it since. I use it on a Bulgarian AK-74, and it comes on and off without having to re-zero.
I'm happy.

Jeffrey

Okiegunner
January 21, 2013, 12:20 AM
Pilot,

I actually ordered thru ebay. Seller: ML-Gvalt. Over 400+ transactions, 99.2% positvie feedback. I will see how this works out. I took a chance.

If you enjoyed reading about "Russian Red Dot for AK" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!