New York Senator's Powerful speech about 7 round capacity

PDA

flyskater
January 19, 2013, 02:26 AM
http://youtu.be/2rRSUEaLKvA

Loved it when he says, " We have not saved any lives tonight. Except for one. The political life of a governor who wants to be president"

If you enjoyed reading about "New York Senator's Powerful speech about 7 round capacity" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HorseSoldier
January 19, 2013, 02:47 AM
Good to see some evidence that every elected official in the state of New York is not a moron or engaged in open insurrection against the Constitution of the United States. Sorry to see he's in a minority.

Flopsweat
January 19, 2013, 02:49 AM
Wow, he knocked it right out of the park.

black_powder_Rob
January 19, 2013, 03:15 AM
Wow that was good, scary that Cuomo wants to be pres.

tarosean
January 19, 2013, 04:08 AM
I cannot see the vid while at word so Im not sure who this is about..

Watching the debacle in NY I was certainly impressed with Goodell and Tedisco. Its a shame that what they said fell on deaf ears.

OpelBlitz
January 19, 2013, 04:24 AM
Nice video.

Oh, and Cuomo will never become president.

Onmilo
January 19, 2013, 04:35 AM
Senator Greg Ball

Isaac-1
January 19, 2013, 04:58 AM
It will be interesting to watch his future

SiteManager
January 19, 2013, 06:08 AM
Well said Greg Ball...

goldie
January 19, 2013, 08:10 AM
Completely truthful & logical view, why couldnt those nitwits grasp this? :confused:

Creature
January 19, 2013, 08:16 AM
Glad to have watched that...

CTGunner
January 19, 2013, 08:23 AM
Fantastic. Right message with strong delivery.

GAMALOT
January 19, 2013, 10:17 AM
43 voted in favor of this bill and 18 said NO.

Remember those numbers and who they were the next time you vote in this state!

Those who voted NO were mostly republican but there were some democrats who went against their party lines, most of them were from up state districts.

hso
January 19, 2013, 10:23 AM
That's a politician that deserves our support.

Wylie1
January 19, 2013, 10:33 AM
That's a politician that deserves our support.Agreed!

Old Fuff
January 19, 2013, 10:47 AM

Maybe our members - in and out of New York - should write and tell him that. Being buried in supportive messages won't hurt his feelings.

Lateck
January 19, 2013, 11:58 AM
What, a reasonable person in office, in new york? :eek:

You folks in that state should vote for him for governor.

OP, thanks for the link.

Lateck,

Ehtereon11B
January 19, 2013, 03:07 PM
I am not sure how Sen Greg Ball sides the rest of the time but that was a great and short speech. He should run for governor when Cuomo inevitably looses. What makes his speech interesting is Putnam and Westchester counties have typically been for most gun control measures.

meanmrmustard
January 19, 2013, 03:13 PM
Yup.

GAMALOT
January 19, 2013, 03:28 PM
NY Politics are rather interesting. On a local level and as soon as you get away from the metro cities even some of the democrats are on our side. Likewise, most of the republicans who are from the metro cities along with almost all of the democrats support these useless issues.

NY is far from being alone where ignorance of the issues are concerned and our politicians are no different. Just last night I saw clips from the Jimmy Kimmel show where he was asking folks on the street what they thought about the Inauguration festivities and the speech from Obama. Keep in mind, it has not happened yet! He was easily able to find plenty of actual voters who claimed they watched and had excellent opinions of that which has not yet happened.

An informed voter is usually a good thing but with the media bias we have these days there is no such thing as voters being informed. They lead us like sheep into the darkness where danger lurks. We are a product of our environment and the environment is highly tainted by false reporting.

hueytaxi
January 19, 2013, 07:59 PM
As WWE would say: Mr. Ball, you Sir have got some grapefruits!

alana
January 19, 2013, 08:35 PM
I am not sure how Sen Greg Ball sides the rest of the time but that was a great and short speech. He should run for governor when Cuomo inevitably looses. What makes his speech interesting is Putnam and Westchester counties have typically been for most gun control measures.
Westchester yes, Putnam not so much - look at the difference in issuance of pistol permits...

ngnrd
January 19, 2013, 11:37 PM
I live a half a world away in Alaska. But, I just took a few minutes to write Mr. Ball and thank him for supporting the RKBA.

GAMALOT
January 20, 2013, 08:17 AM
I wonder why no one has mentioned these claims?

Why is it the progressive liberals that steal guns then go and kill movie goers and children in school have never been a conservative NRA member???

Ft Hood Shooter - Registered Democrat- Muslim

Columbine Shooters - Too young to vote- both families were registered democrats and progressive liberals

Virginia Tech Shooter- Wrote hate mail to Pres Bush and to his staff. Registered Democrat

Colorado Theater Shooter - Registered Democrat, staff worker on the Obama campaign, occupy wall street participant, progressive liberal

Connecticut School Shooter- Registered Democrat, hated Christians,

Common thread: all of these shooters were progressive liberal democrats.

Interesting...isn't it?

Creature
January 20, 2013, 08:41 AM
Gamalot, where did you you find those 'facts'?

trueg50
January 20, 2013, 09:02 AM
Here is another must watch video from NYS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmPCRJJFlKA

Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin tearing apart the bill.

GAMALOT
January 20, 2013, 09:25 AM
The friend who sent it said it was posted in a conservative blog.

Creature
January 20, 2013, 04:49 PM
The friend who sent it said it was posted in a conservative blog.

So that makes it factual?

Paul7
January 20, 2013, 05:14 PM
http://youtu.be/2rRSUEaLKvA

Loved it when he says, " We have not saved any lives tonight. Except for one. The political life of a governor who wants to be president"
He won't be president with his gun-grabbing record.

GAMALOT
January 20, 2013, 06:19 PM
Did you come to argue? If so then feel free to prove it wrong if you have better info on the subject. Just don't bother quoting from Snopes as I won't believe a word they say.

rjrivero
January 20, 2013, 07:35 PM
Anyone know if these claims are valid? Looks like the NY SAFE Act started as much more sinister before getting "cleaned up" in the Senate. I am unable to verify this with a second source.

http://www.thecommentator.com/article/2495/ny_democrat_pleads_with_republican_not_to_share_document_proposing_confiscation_of_guns

OcelotZ3
January 20, 2013, 09:07 PM
Nice video. Sure don't want a president Cuomo...

Quick Draw McGraw
January 20, 2013, 09:57 PM
Regarding the various comments made by supporters and detractors of this bill, did anyone catch a handful of the supporters referring to assault weapons as "weapons of mass destruction" during the debate and/or voting?

Because, if I'm understanding them correctly, I assume they would also then feel that Bush was right and there were in fact WMD's in Iraq?

nwilliams
January 20, 2013, 10:19 PM
Great speech, that was awesome!

BHP FAN
January 20, 2013, 10:26 PM
There were WMD's in Iraq. Remember that week long caravan of Iraqi trucks going to Syria during the final days of the war, and the playing cards of Chemical Ali, and the Black Widow? Now flash forward to Syria's Assad threatening to use WMD's on his own people...? Come on folks, do the math.

JLe˛dhas
January 20, 2013, 10:32 PM
Three cheers for that senator.

klover
January 20, 2013, 10:46 PM
with:

Sun195
January 20, 2013, 11:47 PM
Just sent some support his way.

goon
January 21, 2013, 12:34 AM
Very well said.

Tom from WNY
January 21, 2013, 07:59 AM
Quite true. Go to www.scopeny.org or the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association website.

From what I see on this blog and others; coming to your state legislature soon.

Stay vigilant!

GAMALOT
January 21, 2013, 08:55 AM
Why would anyone question this? NY and Cuomo jumped out ahead of the feds with these restrictions to make him look like the next POTUS. From what I have seen in my own research almost all of the reps from metro areas of this state fell right into lock step with the Dems and the Gov. Only reps from rural districts fought against much tougher restrictions.

Someone said it above, "Lets get to work"!

Creature
January 21, 2013, 08:57 AM
Gamalot wrote: Did you come to argue? If so then feel free to prove it wrong if you have better info on the subject. Just don't bother quoting from Snopes as I won't believe a word they say.

No, I did not come to argue. I simply asked you to cite the source of your 'facts'. Since you stated that those 'facts' came from a friend who got them from a blog, you look very foolish for not fact checking those claims before stating them as fact. If you cant provide verifiable evidence of your claims, you look very misguided for stating them as fact.

What are verifiable facts is that the Connecticut school shooter had no political affiliations and was never registered to vote.

jon86
January 21, 2013, 09:31 AM
Thanks for sharing the vid in the OP

GAMALOT
January 21, 2013, 10:07 AM
"No, I did not come to argue. I simply asked you to cite the source of your 'facts'. Since you stated that those 'facts' came from a friend who got them from a blog, you look very foolish for not fact checking those claims before stating them as fact. If you cant provide verifiable evidence of your claims, you look very misguided for stating them as fact.

What are verifiable facts is that the Connecticut school shooter had no political affiliations and was never registered to vote."

OK, I changed my words to "Claims" just for you.
It is likely near impossible to fact check exactly what, if any political affiliations some of these shooters had. I have heard that Lanza's father was a big wig with GE but don't know that to be a fact either and I have no idea what politics his mother or father had.

ngnrd
January 21, 2013, 02:16 PM
I live a half a world away in Alaska. But, I just took a few minutes to write Mr. Ball and thank him for supporting the RKBA.

I got a reply back from Mr. Ball. It was short and sweet. Says, "Thank you [for your comments]. Wish I could have voted no twice."

I think that's the perfect reply.

Creature
January 21, 2013, 04:53 PM
Gamalot wrote: It is likely near impossible to fact check exactly what, if any political affiliations some of these shooters had.

Voter registration information and records are public record.

CTGunner
January 21, 2013, 05:46 PM
I wrote the Senator an e-mail of appreciation a few days ago and he responded personally. Not one of my local elected officials has responded to me.

lionken07
January 21, 2013, 05:55 PM
I would love to see his reply :D

larryh1108
January 21, 2013, 06:15 PM
I believe Cuomo lost any chnce to be President with his bush league, back door anti-gun politics. He probably believes it paved the way for him but he opened a can of whoopazz across the entire nation that will seal his fate. It's scary that a man so out-of-control is/was that close to the White House.

If you enjoyed reading about "New York Senator's Powerful speech about 7 round capacity" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!