S+W Shield 9mm ejection problems

PDA

Joistman
January 19, 2013, 05:49 PM
I was fortunate to find one of these in Nov 2012. Like the way it handles
and the accuracy. Only problem is the shell casings eject down the front of my shirt, on top of my head and down the back of my shirt about 50% to 60%of the time. Already sent it back to S+W TWICE - still not right!

First time they said they adjusted the barrel and replaced the extractor. The second time they said they replaced the barrel.?????

It's still under warranty so it's going to go back for a third time.

Am I wrong in assuming that this should be a simple fix?

Anyone else have this problem with this model?

Any other suggestions from you experienced shooters?

Thanks for your input

If you enjoyed reading about "S+W Shield 9mm ejection problems" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
351 WINCHESTER
January 19, 2013, 07:28 PM
I had a similar problem with a glock 19. I had to send it back twice before they got it right. They replaced the ejector and extractor. I have never heard of adjusting the barrel. They will get it right. They have always had outstanding customer service (at least when I needed it).

jfrey
January 19, 2013, 11:37 PM
I'm surprized at this situation. I have never had one single problem with either one of the Shields I have. Over a thousand rounds through the first one and not one hangup. I'm sure they will fix it or replace it, but it is aggrivating to have to send it back, especially a third time.

I had the problem with my G19 but I replaced the ejector and fixed it.

Hope it works out. Shields are hard to find anywhere.

If you enjoyed reading about "S+W Shield 9mm ejection problems" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!