PNW Arms TacOps 9mm?

PDA

ScottyB
January 19, 2013, 08:37 PM
I'm going to give these a try in my P99 and CW9. Anyone here tried them before? Anyone use them as your defensive load?

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "PNW Arms TacOps 9mm?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
C0untZer0
January 19, 2013, 10:50 PM
OMG:

PNW Arms is geared towards Tier One operators who want the absolute pinnacle in ballistics performance

http://store.pnwarms.com/pistol-ammo/9mm-luger/9mm-tacops-115gr-solid-copper-hollow-point.html :uhoh:

USAF_Vet
January 20, 2013, 12:23 AM
Gecko45 approved.

Sam Cade
January 20, 2013, 12:37 AM
Heck. It is ALL funny.

The TacOpsŪ series from PNW Arms is geared towards Tier One operators who want the absolute pinnacle in ballistics performance. The solid copper hollow point design provides extra margin of ballistic performance that shooters need to achieve stopping power under adverse conditions. These rounds don’t just skew the odds in your favor; some would say they make it an unfair fight.

PNW Arms TacOpsŪ are the carry ammunition of choice, featuring

Fully expanding bullets at normal pressure
Lighter bullet design for faster travel all while producing less felt recoil than standard rounds
Faster site recovery and more rounds on target to devastating effect
Propelled by a low flash powder minimizing the effects of flash during night shooting or covert operations

Sam Cade
January 20, 2013, 12:39 AM
Also note that is a subsonic 115gr load.

meanmrmustard
January 20, 2013, 08:17 AM
What the hell is a Tier One Operator?

Is that the guy who runs the ski lift?

The Lone Haranguer
January 20, 2013, 09:06 AM
Copper hollowpoints - minus the outlandish claims - aren't new. But 965 fps from a 115-grain? Is that out of a snubby revolver or something? Most of these loads are ~1100 fps from a four-inch pistol. If this is accurate, I would expect functioning problems. The best bullet in the world does no good hung up on the feed ramp. :p

ScottyB
January 20, 2013, 11:56 AM
Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky. :)

It is kind of slim-pickings on SCHP ammunition right now. I should just get in line for some backordered Cor-Bon DPX.

C0untZer0
January 21, 2013, 01:44 PM
For the Tier One Operator on the go...

"All the speed of a 147gr bullet without all that weight !"

If you enjoyed reading about "PNW Arms TacOps 9mm?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!