Savage Long Range Precision Varmint Rifle Bolt Question

PDA

cbmax
January 19, 2013, 10:54 PM
Hi All,

So I took my Savage rifle in 22-250 to the range today and noticed that there is a little piece of rubber which sits right at the base of the bolt handle on the back side. Appears to be some sort of a bolt handle stop /cushion. It was coming loose. Any idea what caused this? I just used crazy glue to re-attach the loose rubber part. Does anyone for see any further issues?

CB

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage Long Range Precision Varmint Rifle Bolt Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NeuseRvrRat
January 20, 2013, 10:35 AM
my Savage 12 .22-250 does not have it.

TNBilly
January 20, 2013, 10:43 AM
None of my Savages have it either. The only purpose I can see it serving is keeping the bolt from full closing (not a good thing). Perhaps it was a piece of packaging material before the bolts were assigned to receivers in the factory, perhaps someone added it thinking it would act as a buffer to the stock or something. If it were mine I'd remove it, it most definitely isn't needed.

aubie515
January 20, 2013, 11:09 AM
I'd remove that rubber piece...and crazy glue isn't going to secure rubber.

rcmodel
January 20, 2013, 01:07 PM
Whatever it is, it is not supposed to be there.

Take it off and throw it away.

rc

cbmax
January 20, 2013, 01:30 PM
Thanks everyone. I just removed the rubber piece. I'd never seen anything like that before. Figured I'd check here first before doing anything.

CB

dubbleA
January 21, 2013, 12:04 AM
I have a 12 FT/R that had the same thing, it fell off with time. Probably there to take the slop or noise out.

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage Long Range Precision Varmint Rifle Bolt Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!