Hello folks, new guy here, question for the group

PDA

seanlyn
January 20, 2013, 11:39 AM
Hello folks, just joined. I enjoy Bullseye shooting, and have recently acquired a S&W 52-2, and a Colt-Clark .38 Special (kit gun) For sport pistol, I use a S&W 41. My Clark is a 61-5, with a low serial # (0045x-H) The slide is mounted on a pre-70's Colt National Match.
My question is, can I put a Marvel .22 conversion on the Colt lower, or has there been some alterations on the frame for the Clark conversion ?
Thanks in advance
Cheers

If you enjoyed reading about "Hello folks, new guy here, question for the group" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tuj
January 22, 2013, 09:44 AM
Good question. You *probably* can just put the Marvel conversion on. I wouldn't think that the frame rails would have been altered.

The Lone Haranguer
January 22, 2013, 10:02 AM
I wouldn't think that the frame rails would have been altered. (emphasis added)

Agreed. The feed ramp in the frame would surely have been altered for a .38 WC, or a special ramped barrel used which cuts this part away, but that should not affect how a slide mounts on it.

That S&W 52 is a neat gun, just for (me) fun or collecting. I wish I'd bought one in the early 2000s when they were "only" half a grand.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hello folks, new guy here, question for the group" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!