Pulled bullets, now live primers?

PDA

grandpawj
January 20, 2013, 01:23 PM
This is obviously a newb question, couldn't find answer searching posts. I had to pull a dozen or so 45 acp bullets. Now how do I elect the live primers. i am assuming I must do that in order to resize the cases. Also, can I re-use the bullets?
Thanks,
Willie

If you enjoyed reading about "Pulled bullets, now live primers?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jcwit
January 20, 2013, 01:26 PM
No, just remove the decaping rod/punch and resize the cases.

You will be good to go for reloading.

grandpawj
January 20, 2013, 01:30 PM
Thank you Sir.:)

MaterDei
January 20, 2013, 01:30 PM
Yes you should be able to reuse the bullets.

If you don't want to remove the decaping rod/punch you can also load the case and fire the primer. Kind of fun to do!

ReloaderFred
January 20, 2013, 01:40 PM
You can also just push the live primers out with the decapping pin if you doubt the primers themselves. You just push them out slowly. I've demilled hundreds of rounds that way and never had a problem.

Hope this helps.

Fred

rcmodel
January 20, 2013, 01:45 PM
+1

Just resize them, save the primers, and use them again.

Won't hurt a thing.

rc

gpb
January 20, 2013, 02:31 PM
"This is obviously a newb question"

Since you're new to reloading, this is a reminder to wear eye protection especially when working with primers.

grandpawj
January 20, 2013, 02:33 PM
Now I know! BTW, thanks guys for the quick response.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pulled bullets, now live primers?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!