Price check: Blue 6" GP-100

PDA

sidheshooter
January 20, 2013, 12:52 PM
Former range rental gun, probably has a lot of rounds through it. That said, it's a GP: still looks practically brand new, cylinder locks up tight on all six, trigger action smoothed from use. $375 plus transfer and tax. Good?

Thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "Price check: Blue 6" GP-100" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
fredg
January 20, 2013, 01:01 PM
Yes. $699 MSRP, about $599 retail IF you can even find one for sale! It will last you and your family forever!

Jaymo
January 20, 2013, 04:57 PM
Considering I paid $375 for a lightly used 4" stainless, adjustable sight GP about 6 years ago, and it was a good price then, I think you did fine.
The nice condition, used GPs I've been seeing lately have been priced closer to $500 than to $400.
Mine was only 2 years old, when I got it, and had been traded in on a Glock.
Some poor soul didn't realize what he was doing. I jumped on it like a duck on a junebug.
I heard that Ruger makes 6" GPs, but darned if I've ever seen one in the wild. It's like trying to spot a jackalope. ;)

Bush Pilot
January 20, 2013, 06:29 PM
Considering I paid $375 for a lightly used 4" stainless, adjustable sight GP about 6 years ago, and it was a good price then, I think you did fine.
The nice condition, used GPs I've been seeing lately have been priced closer to $500 than to $400.
Mine was only 2 years old, when I got it, and had been traded in on a Glock.
Some poor soul didn't realize what he was doing. I jumped on it like a duck on a junebug.
I heard that Ruger makes 6" GPs, but darned if I've ever seen one in the wild. It's like trying to spot a jackalope. ;)
Odd, most of what I'm seeing is 6", I've purchased a blue and stainless 6" in the past few months and turned a friend of mine onto a blued 6".

Jaymo
January 20, 2013, 06:36 PM
Odd, most of what I'm seeing is 6", I've purchased a blue and stainless 6" in the past few months and turned a friend of mine onto a blued 6".

Must be a regional thing. I've seen a few 6" Security Sixes but not GPs.

bikemutt
January 20, 2013, 08:39 PM
I haven't seen a blued 6" GP100 around here in any condition for under $500. That a retired range rental gun is still tight pretty much says it all.

aliveisalive
January 20, 2013, 09:27 PM
Security six, 3" or there abouts, stainless, 499 at the show today. was in great condition, with ruger branded rubber grips... maybe paymachers?

I should have got it, but the seller wouldnt even take 5 percent for a cash sale off... =/

joeschmoe
January 20, 2013, 09:47 PM
Wow! Really? I bought a new SS 6" for $320 just 5 years ago. Blued was $290, new.

Bush Pilot
January 20, 2013, 11:35 PM
Wow! Really? I bought a new SS 6" for $320 just 5 years ago. Blued was $290, new.
May have been true 5 years ago, you'll pay a whole bunch more these days.

joeschmoe
January 21, 2013, 01:46 AM
But double in 5 years?

Jaymo
January 21, 2013, 06:03 PM
When I bought mine, 6-7 years ago, they were going for a LOT more than $320 new, where I live.

If you enjoyed reading about "Price check: Blue 6" GP-100" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!