Interesting Newsmax poll results

PDA

Hypnogator
January 20, 2013, 01:04 PM
Just voted in a newsmax poll regarding Obama's proposals to regulate guns. The results surprised me:

Should the federal government regulate guns of any type?
Yes, it should - 127,283(26%) No, it should not - 349,723(73%)

Should Congress ban semi-automatic weapons?
Yes, it should - 98,358(20%) No, it should not - 380,441(79%)

If Congress does not act, should President Obama use an executive order to ban or strictly control the sale of semi-automatic weapons?
Yes, he should - 88,561(18%) No, he should not - 389,645(81%)

Do you agree that the Second Amendment gives citizens the right to own and bear guns without infringement?
Yes, I agree - 398,214(83%) No, I don't agree - 80,342(16%)

I find this very interesting, since almost all the media outlets are publishing stories about obstructionist troglodytes who are defying "all the polls" showing the country is vastly in favor of new gun control laws. :evil::neener::evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "Interesting Newsmax poll results" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
anchorman
January 20, 2013, 02:07 PM
Internet polls are not exactly scientific...

Cesiumsponge
January 20, 2013, 03:21 PM
nternet polls are not exactly scientific...
Exactly.

Look at all the "hit this poll" threads on THR. I imagine the same thing happens on Democratic Underground and other various forums.

303tom
January 20, 2013, 03:30 PM
Scientific of not people see em.................

Jorg Nysgerrig
January 20, 2013, 03:59 PM
I'm not exactly sure why anyone would be surprised that an informal poll on an extremely conservative news site frequented primarily by conservative people would have typically conservative slant on a gun control poll.

commygun
January 20, 2013, 04:48 PM
Exactly. Newsmax is an echo chamber. I may agree with them but they hardly reflect the reality of opinion out there.

texasgun
January 20, 2013, 06:58 PM
Dude... it's "Newsmax"

I don't take Huffington Post online polls seriously but I also know that Newsmax is not exactly mainstream either...

If you enjoyed reading about "Interesting Newsmax poll results" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!