Breaking: Five Dead in South Valley Shooting

PDA

gbran
January 20, 2013, 03:09 PM
http://www.abqjournal.com/main/2013/01/20/abqnewsseeker/breaking-five-dead-in-south-valley-shooting.html

Male juvenile shoots 2 adults, 3 kids in home. Details at link.

If you enjoyed reading about "Breaking: Five Dead in South Valley Shooting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
barnbwt
January 20, 2013, 08:15 PM
What a tragedy, it sounds as though these were some very good people who were involved in this. It seems the pastor left quite a legacy (10 kids and a number of outreach programs). Q: Is the sheriff supposed to be able to name the suspect if he's a minor? I thought there was some rule about that?

said he saw the boy walk with siblings and his parents through the neighborhood regularly, and he “wore nothing but camouflage stuff”.
Multiple weapons appeared to have been used including an assault-type rifle.
Oh, good. 'Nuther one of these deals. How soon 'till we're hearing calls for a ban on "assault-style" clothing? The media just loves describing the guy's wardrobe at each of these shootings (just like a celebrity at a high-profile event :rolleyes:). For whatever reason, it seems shootings at home, no matter how bad, have a harder time making headlines. I guess the public "feels" them to be more contained/isolated in such cases.

two counts of murder, and three counts of child abuse resulting in death.
I can only guess the penalty for lethal child abuse is greater than murder? :confused: I hate how prevalent weird/bad reporting is at these situations.

TCB

slamfirev10
January 20, 2013, 08:58 PM
very sad, and fuel for the fire

Robert
January 20, 2013, 10:13 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=472825

If you enjoyed reading about "Breaking: Five Dead in South Valley Shooting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!