Tax refunds and gun buying?

PDA

Isaac-1
January 20, 2013, 03:16 PM
So do you think we are going to see another boost to the gun/ammo buying craze as people start getting their tax refunds?

If you enjoyed reading about "Tax refunds and gun buying?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
stumpers
January 20, 2013, 03:24 PM
Is there anything left to buy?

I just started a new job after a year of searching. Got my first paycheck a few weeks too late, it seems. My plan was to buy a Colt AR and a smaller 9mm for carry...I cannot find a single thing in stock or that is not insanely inflated in price.

If I would have known, I would have maxed out my credit card when the buying spree started and gouged everyone myself...

Isaac-1
January 20, 2013, 03:29 PM
I don't know I was in Academy at about 2 pm on Thursday and there were at least a dozen people doing NICS paperwork at the gun counter, I did not get close enough to see what they were buying.

JohnnyK
January 20, 2013, 04:41 PM
a yearly trafdition... ill mainly focus on ammo this time around... hopefully there will be ammo in stock by then...

SilentStalker
January 20, 2013, 04:59 PM
Nope, because there is nothing left LOL. Unless, you are one of these that will pay 4x what something is worth just to have it.

Lex Luthier
January 20, 2013, 05:14 PM
One of our local Fleet Farms had a decent stock of handguns when I looked yesterday, rifles not so much. I am blessed to be pretty stocked up on all calibers and tooling, but there are still some pieces of tactical gear that might find their way into the load out closet.

Omaha-BeenGlockin
January 20, 2013, 05:19 PM
I have a lot of wants and needs = pent up demand for my tax refund.

A new mattress or
50 in+ flat screen or
Colt 6920 or
a couple of Glocks and/or M&P's or
Ruger MkIII or
a Mossberg shotgun or
a new laptop

or a combination of several of the cheaper items

In the big picture--even if I don't spend it on gun stuff--it free's up my paycheck to save up for gun stuff.

CharlieDeltaJuliet
January 20, 2013, 05:34 PM
Nope. I was going to wait until tax time to buy an Hk MR556. I ended up talking myself into just buying it in December. I missed the craze/tadgedy by one day. I am stocked up on ammo for a couple of years, but am always looking for more. I am just not prepared to pay $.75-$1.00+ a round for 5.56.

clutch
January 20, 2013, 05:41 PM
So do you think we are going to see another boost to the gun/ammo buying craze as people start getting their tax refunds?

Not for me. Purchased a CMP Kimber 82G rusty on Dec 7th, a SA Range officer 1911 early on December 14th, and a Savage FCP .308 with the HS stock a couple weeks ago.

That tax refund is spent! I'm paying off the credit card as soon as the refund comes in.

Seventhsword
January 20, 2013, 05:43 PM
Haven't seen a tax refund since the 80's...

USAF_Vet
January 20, 2013, 05:48 PM
Depends on whether I get anything back. If I do, I might order the Savage Axis .30-06 lefty I've been wanting, along with a hundred rounds or so.

Or possibly another CCW gun, like a Charter Arms Southpaw, and a few boxes of .38.

jmace57
January 20, 2013, 05:51 PM
Actually the last few weeks before April 15th is a good time to buy from individuals. You can guess why.

Plan2Live
January 20, 2013, 05:54 PM
Well I had $1,000 earmarked solely for ammo but then........ so now I'll just sit on it or maybe buy some silver instead. I can always sell the silver and buy ammo when the panic subsides and the supply catches back up.

soloban
January 20, 2013, 06:07 PM
A gun no... Mine might be going toward a scope, scope mount, and quad rail handguard for my AR I got completed right before the current madness...

If you enjoyed reading about "Tax refunds and gun buying?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!