The Beauty and the Beast: New Walthers from Shot 2013

PDA

sidheshooter
January 20, 2013, 06:02 PM
The beauty: PPK/S in .22lr. Not much to say there, except that it's back. :cool:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/PPK_S-.22-Walther-ArmsWalther-Arms-1-390x333.jpg

The beast: PPX. Hammer fired weirdness. Walther nicks HiPoint? :evil:

http://www.gunsandammo.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/new-handguns-for-2013/walther-ppx.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "The Beauty and the Beast: New Walthers from Shot 2013" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
blkbrd666
January 20, 2013, 06:15 PM
LOL. I collect Walthers...they put the brakes on that when they discovered plastic. Now I just buy duplicates of the ones that were.

TennJed
January 20, 2013, 07:26 PM
what is the ppk/s 22lr made of

blkbrd666
January 20, 2013, 07:31 PM
It's all steel.

bannockburn
January 21, 2013, 09:59 AM
Like the PPK/s in .22; not really sure what's going on with the PPX.

Kind of looks like a Hi-Point and a cordless drill got together one night on a blind date in Germany and this is the end result.

wally
January 21, 2013, 02:08 PM
The PPQ was a thing of beauty, and a joy to shoot.

Kind of looks like a Hi-Point and a cordless drill got together one night on a blind date in Germany and this is the end result.

Couldn't have said it better! :)

But if it shoots as nicely as a PPQ, I could probably get over the looks if I didn't already have a PPQ.

blkbrd666
January 21, 2013, 05:29 PM

Every once in a while, somebody on here says something that deserves being cut and pasted into my "Funniest Quotes" document. That right there is one of them.

Dryft
January 21, 2013, 05:42 PM
I'm with everyone else on this one - well said Bannockburn!

The aesthetics of the PPX quite frankly offend me, but if it's a shooter... Well, I guess I'm not that easily offended after all!

Dropping the PPQ is a real loss - hoping to find one gently used someday.

RBid
January 21, 2013, 08:13 PM
The PPQ isn't dead. It's just Americanized.

Dryft
January 21, 2013, 08:18 PM
"The PPQ isn't dead. It's just Americanized."

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I, personally, like paddle mag catches!

Another classic case of ignoring the "if it ain't broke" philosophy.

RBid
January 21, 2013, 08:37 PM
Dryft,

I'm with you. I prefer the paddle. Glad I got the original PPQ.

If you enjoyed reading about "The Beauty and the Beast: New Walthers from Shot 2013" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!