Good Ammo Day

PDA

Rustler
January 20, 2013, 07:08 PM
The firearms stores in my area look like they have been looted and I have not been able to find any .223 or 5.56 ammo for my new Evil AR. I have a new scope that I don't have enough ammo to sight it in... :what:

Found a package from Dillon at my gate this morning and it's the .223 dies and shell plate I have been waiting weeks for!!

I then get a call from a buddy who found 300 rounds of .223 at Walmart and bought it for me! He even stopped by and delivered it!

Primers and Powder are on order with only about a 30 day back log - I'm almost ready for the AWB... :evil:

I better go out and buy a lotto ticket - I'm on a run... :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Good Ammo Day" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JBrady555
January 20, 2013, 07:11 PM
My Walmart had 7.62x39 in yesterday. Was happy to finally see it. Maybe things are starting to slow down.

BullfrogKen
January 20, 2013, 07:14 PM
Slowing down? Hardly.

Glad you found some ammo and components, but it will take several months for the supply chains to stabilize.

clutch
January 20, 2013, 07:23 PM
My Walmart had 7.62x39 in yesterday. Was happy to finally see it. Maybe things are starting to slow down.

Mine has some WWB 7.62x39 but no Wolf. No .223, .22 lr, .308. They do have a lot of .40 S&W and .30-06 .

Until Sen DF produces her bill and it dies, I do not see things getting better. I'm sure glad this is happening in winter, a lot of shooters are not even thinking about ammo right now.

Clutch

JBrady555
January 20, 2013, 07:31 PM
Mine had the cheap tulammo that I love. I refuse to pay 30 bucks for 40 rounds of wwb.

BullfrogKen
January 20, 2013, 07:32 PM
Me, too.

But I usually do try to buy my components for the year right now. I just bought enough components to allow me to comfortably shoot all my High Power matches and practice in between them.

Rustler
January 20, 2013, 07:40 PM
I have all the components I need for 45 Colt for Cowboy and 45 ACP for IDPA, but got caught before I had .223 which is a new toy for me.

I started my build a few weeks before CT. and was able to complete before the panic, but didn't have much ammo or dies.

I have been sitting in the backyard scoping the dogs, cats and horses and going bang... :rolleyes:

BullfrogKen
January 20, 2013, 07:48 PM
Yeah, uh . . . Don't do that OK.

Remember we don't point the muzzle at anything we are not willing to destroy.

Rustler
January 20, 2013, 08:05 PM
I life in a very rural area - no neighbors to freak out...

I just needed to verify the scope worked! :-)

BullfrogKen
January 20, 2013, 08:16 PM
I life in a very rural area - no neighbors to freak out...

Doesn't matter one bit. We don't point guns at anything we aren't willing to destroy.

You make it a routine and it becomes a habit. You get complacent about it and you become sloppy about how to safely handle a firearm.

Just don't do it. No excuses.

gobysky
January 20, 2013, 10:23 PM
One of the reasons I don't like dry firing guns either, since I grew up being taught to treat every gun like it was loaded whether it was or not.

Ignition Override
January 21, 2013, 01:14 AM
JBrady555:
For the sake of price comparison for Walmart's 7.62x39, do you remember about how much more they now charge for a box, compared to about two-four months ago?

My SKS ammo normally comes from Ammoman, but will wait until the fever cools off before buying anything other than .303.
It's time to go deprime/resize some Prvi .303 brass used today...

JBrady555
January 21, 2013, 02:36 AM
JBrady555:
For the sake of price comparison for Walmart's 7.62x39, do you remember about how much more they now charge for a box, compared to about two-four months ago?

My SKS ammo normally comes from Ammoman, but will wait until the fever cools off before buying anything other than .303.
It's time to go deprime/resize some Prvi .303 brass used today...
They went up .20 cents per box of 20 rounds from 4.97 to 5.17, which is fine by me lol

JBrady555
January 21, 2013, 08:29 PM
Can't believe it, that 7.62 that I found at wallyworld yesterday had not sold out yet. Bought 100 more rounds today.

If you enjoyed reading about "Good Ammo Day" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!