Pick a scope for my CZ 527 Varmint rifle with laminate stock

PDA

cbmax
January 20, 2013, 07:08 PM
Hi all,

I have this rifle on the way in .223. I also ordered Leupold medium 30mm rings and a Reloading Tool Company recontoured bolt

My question to you all is if money isn't too much of an issue, what scope would you buy for this quality of a rifle. I have read that the rifle is pretty accurate which is why I purchased it.

To give you some more info, I already have a 22-250 with a Vortex Viper PST 6-24 X 50 scope. I believe the scope was $750. I used this rifle for prairie dogs out in Montana.

I like the Vortex scope very much and I have been thinking about the same scope for the CZ. I like to shoot my rifle at the local range at 300 yards. However, I also think this CZ would make a pretty good coyote rifle.

So what should I buy with the intended usages in mind? I don't need a FFP scope. I do like illumination. Should I spend the money on something like a Leupold Mark 4 LR scope? Should I stick with Vortex? Anything else you would consider?

CB

If you enjoyed reading about "Pick a scope for my CZ 527 Varmint rifle with laminate stock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cbmax
January 21, 2013, 06:40 PM
Anyone?

What I am really getting at here is how much do you spend on your scope in relationship to the cost / quality of the rifle.

Of courses other factors are the intended use of the rifle and distance / caliber which I outlined above.

So let's have some thoughts please.

CB

CB900F
January 21, 2013, 07:41 PM
Cbmx;

I'd suggest something like the Nikon Monarch 2.5-10X Mil-dot. SWFA shows it at about $300.00. I don't have this scope, but do have two of the older Monarch 3.5-10X A/O mil-dot scopes on .223's & they work just fine.

900F

If you enjoyed reading about "Pick a scope for my CZ 527 Varmint rifle with laminate stock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!