Anybody selling any of their supply?

PDA

ozarkhillbilly
January 20, 2013, 07:33 PM
I don't think I will, but I am very tempted to sell off some of my guns, mags and ammo. I have had several people approach me to see if I would sell them an AR or AK, or mags. For those of you who have several of any type rifle or who are setting on large supplies of mags, like 10 or more per rifle with multiple rifles.

Are any of you considering selling anything?

If you enjoyed reading about "Anybody selling any of their supply?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Steve H
January 20, 2013, 07:36 PM
No way. I do not have that much "extra" stuff after the boating accident.

M-Cameron
January 20, 2013, 07:40 PM
im not really the type of person who buys and sells guns constantly....i almost view my guns like my children, so it not the easiest thing for me to sell them....

nor am i actively out seeking to make a profit from the current state of firearms economics......

that being said, if someone approaches me and offers me $500 for my old mossberg.......yeah, its safe to say ide take the money.

Zardaia
January 20, 2013, 07:42 PM
Not selling but converting a bit. Traded 200 9mm fmj for 1k .223 brass. Want to start reloading it, if i can ever find appropriate powder, but don't want to burn too much stock for brass.

slamfirev10
January 20, 2013, 07:44 PM
those boating accidents are running rampant

Zardaia
January 20, 2013, 07:45 PM
Be carefull or we'll have new federal boating laws to deal with too!

Carter
January 20, 2013, 07:46 PM
I had a crazy idea to sell my only ar and 13 ar mags and buy a bunch of pistols and semi auto shotgun....then I snapped back to reality.

I'd like to have it in the future.

hueyville
January 20, 2013, 07:47 PM
I have sold three Chinese SKS rifles at absolute stupid prices. If people keep offering to pay what last three did will sell more. Allowed me to buy that last FN to round out that collection. Working on a trade of quite a few new in cosmoline AK mags with a dealer for a new scope. Keeping reloading components. Only selling 7.62x39 ammo when someone buys a rifle. Turning Combloc rifles into American, Belgian and German battle rifles just.makes sense as the high dollar rifles are still same price.

Steve H
January 20, 2013, 07:48 PM
I'd like for my kids and grand kids to have them in the future.....

Reloadron
January 20, 2013, 07:49 PM
I have no plans to sell off any of my guns that may or may not face government legislation. Nor am I selling off any of my ammunition. Never bothered me in '94 and not going to bother me now.

Ron

CharlieDeltaJuliet
January 20, 2013, 07:50 PM
I actually let go of one of my AR's. I was offered almost 3x what I paid 2.5 years ago, and had to let it go. I would not have even considered it, but it was a back-up to my back-up AR.

Crash_Test_Dhimmi
January 20, 2013, 07:52 PM
Why yes I am...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=326736300
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=326721552

primalmu
January 20, 2013, 07:54 PM
I sold 200 rounds of .223 to fund some reloading components for a newly-acquired Star .45 ACP. That's about it. I mainly did it because I have about 600 rounds (post-sale) of PMC .223 that I probably won't shoot after I sight my new rifle in since I reload .223.

Waywatcher
January 20, 2013, 07:55 PM

Yep!

Sold just over half my AR mags, now I'm down to a dozen.

Sold most of my factory .223 & 5.56; I have about 500 rounds left. I sold 1840 rounds. I also reload and have enough components to last a while.

The profit alone was enough to buy a 50's production S&W .357 I wanted. :cool:

I also helped people get what they want, so it was a win/win in my book.

XD Fan
January 20, 2013, 07:57 PM
Gave away some ammo to a friend that just bought his first gun (a CZ 75) and could not get target ammo. Got to support the noobs. Also made him promise to joint the NRA.

ssyoumans
January 20, 2013, 07:59 PM
Yeah, i sold some stuff this weekend outside of the local gun show. Not much.
(4) boxes of 9mm, 1 box of 45
(1) 30rd PMAG, 1 C Products 30rd mag
About 4 boxes of 5.56

Came to $320. Crazy times.

Did give away a 20 rd ar15 mag and 2 boxes of ammo to a friend who could find either.

TIMC
January 20, 2013, 08:03 PM
I have sold a few, mainly to buy some really nice optics I have been wanting. Right now I have what I want so I guess I'm pretty much done selling.

TenDriver
January 20, 2013, 08:03 PM
After seeing SKSs run as much as $800, I've considered it.

Liberty1776
January 20, 2013, 08:07 PM
Nup. But I sure wish I'd bought a couple of cases of SKSs when they were $89...

JohnnyK
January 20, 2013, 08:09 PM
yes... I'm selling an ak to get a different one..

Steelin' Ducks
January 20, 2013, 08:13 PM
I always buy when I see good deals. Like in early Dec when Brownells was selling Pmags $100 for 10. I loaded up with resale in mind. Then comes the mess. Pmags selling for $50-$70. Yes I made a killing.

Ms_Dragon
January 20, 2013, 08:22 PM
My guy sold off a few of his extras and did a few custom builds before the the real panic buying started.

I think it'd be a tough call for him to sell more because a lot of his guns have been bequeathed to him by friends who have died during their military service.

Somethings are worth more than their monetary value.

browningguy
January 20, 2013, 09:32 PM
I did trade a couple of high capacity military style rifles, but I still have plenty. I didn't trade any mags or ammo though, and can't see why I ever would.

bushmaster1313
January 20, 2013, 09:40 PM
Sold 3 boxes of .308 for $15 each at the range last Sunday.
Made sense as I sold my .308 four years ago and did not plan on getting another.

texasgun
January 20, 2013, 09:45 PM
not selling anything right now... I have a HK USPc 9mm in stainless with 3 mags.... but holding onto that one.

goldie
January 20, 2013, 09:48 PM
Im selling my wasr ak to a guy i know. i paid 400, im getting 1200.i have a bulgarian which is much nicer so hey, why not?I am toying with selling my sig 556 & hk usc,2k each,but i dont know,it seems like owning these guns is becoming more of a privilage than a constitutional right.

PBR Streetgang
January 20, 2013, 09:50 PM
Playing with the idea to sell off some safe queens to make room for something new . I can honestly say I have most everything I want,nothing that I'm jonesing for.....

M2 Carbine
January 20, 2013, 10:01 PM
No.

But I'll be giving away a good bit of ammo to friends.

freyasman
January 20, 2013, 10:03 PM
I sold off a bunch of AR mags that I'd been sitting on; hey, I don't even own an AR....
Proud to say I didn't do any gouging BTW...

Captcurt
January 20, 2013, 10:15 PM
Sold 1000 rounds of 223, my DPMS and 5 of my own mags. Then got rid of all of my inventory of store ammo, Mag's and 3 more AR's. I can't believe the prices people pay. I have seen ARs go for 2 to 3 times their msrp which is usually too high to begin with. I don't need an AR that bad.

klover
January 20, 2013, 10:21 PM
But I post for the sake of:

r1derbike
January 20, 2013, 10:30 PM
I have what I need, and need what I have. 1 carry, 1 long gun. I could sell the long gun for a huge profit, but my safety, property, and family come before profits, at least until the economic crisis hits this year. Then, all bets are off. I may need all of it.

Grassman
January 20, 2013, 10:41 PM
Heck no, I've been buying. Not guns but powder, primers and bullets mostly.

FROGO207
January 20, 2013, 11:02 PM
I have offered up some brass for free to a couple new reloaders recently because they can't find any at all. I have some extra on hand and it was originally free to me so I will pay it forward. Otherwise I have almost what I need so I stay as I am till this all settles down to what it will be.

Ms_Dragon
January 20, 2013, 11:06 PM
If I was after brass I would go down to the local range and ask what their policy on brass picking was.

Who knows, you might just score a few pounds worth if you're polite.

Ehtereon11B
January 20, 2013, 11:11 PM
Sold three of my firearms. But not for the gun crazies. Just didn't have anymore need or desire to keep them, so got some better things.

Aiko492
January 20, 2013, 11:20 PM
NOOOO, i have given away AR mags, .223 and 9mm ammo to friends in pretty tough need but i am not selling.

Ohio Gun Guy
January 20, 2013, 11:22 PM
Not yet, but if this keeps up.

blarby
January 20, 2013, 11:24 PM
Nope, but I made a sweet PMAG trade last week !

Only in 2013, lemme tell ya........

Anger
January 20, 2013, 11:28 PM
I sold 200 rounds of .223 to fund some reloading components for a newly-acquired Star .45 ACP. That's about it. I mainly did it because I have about 600 rounds (post-sale) of PMC .223 that I probably won't shoot after I sight my new rifle in since I reload .223.

Interesting idea. I could prolly talk the mrs into this one. She's stingy with selling any ammo even at 3x retail.

And I've tried to trade new tactical parts at msrp for other peoples new parts at msrp or used at discount to retail but had no luck. Go figure. Everyone is selling or buying. Little trading from what I can tell.

wojownik
January 20, 2013, 11:28 PM
Selling off quite a few things (V93, AR 15, p220, p6, and other stuff). Gave a friend one of my ARs (for past deeds I'll never be able to repay).

Nothing related to the current market, just need to pare down and simplify. And selling most of this at pre-madness prices (why ... well, paying it forward, karma, whatever ...). My thoughts on that might change after I figure out how much I'll owe Uncle Sam on 4/15.

Chevelle SS
January 20, 2013, 11:30 PM
nope

Queen_of_Thunder
January 20, 2013, 11:44 PM
People are paying $1.50 a round for Remington UMC 223 and I see no reason not to sell some of my stock off. If I can get a table at the next show I'll try and sell it. Maybe get rid of some of this brass that has taken over a closet.

afponiky
January 20, 2013, 11:47 PM
(why ... well, paying it forward, karma, whatever ...)

Yep, giving stuff away to friends, when times are tough, real friends are there!

;)

wankerjake
January 20, 2013, 11:48 PM
Yeah I've sold a few mags and some ammo, and some primers. I've bought a couple 45 pistols I've been wanting, so the money was put to good use.

I brought some 9mm ammunition to my brother-in-law in Phoenix this weekend when we visited. He doesn't shoot much but I wanted to make sure he had a few boxes he could shoot and some to save in case he really needs it.

Sun195
January 21, 2013, 01:25 AM
I'm really on the fence about this. I don't use them much and they're taking up room in the safe. Further, given the high prices, I could get a lot out of them. I'm much more interested in a good hunting rifle right now or a nice O/U shotgun. I could easily finance both by selling a few items.

But, every time I go to sell them, I hesitate.... and there they sit.

BemidjiDweller
January 21, 2013, 01:33 AM
I've sold some AR mags for what people have offered to me. I would consider selling my SKS if it wasn't on my C&R.

justice06rr
January 21, 2013, 01:43 AM
I'd like to sell some of mine, but I would prefer to keep them really.

I'm tempted to sell a base AR15 and see how much it would fetch, but i'm seeing prices come down to around $1k again for new AR's.

OARNGESI
January 21, 2013, 05:31 AM
I got a ps90 2 ar lowers and about 10 ar mags i may let go

JFtheGR8
January 21, 2013, 06:28 AM
No friggin way! I wish I would have stocked up more prior to the panic. Hind sight really is 20/20. The only reason I got an AR, I had been wanting one for over a decade btw, was because I new Obama would try to renew an assault weapons ban. Same with my Saiga. That boating accident left me with next to nothing though...

Posted from Thehighroad.org App for Android

mcdonl
January 21, 2013, 08:10 AM
I sold two of my three Mosin's to fund another gun. So, I am down net 1 but way ahead financially because of it.

I only have my AR's that are at risk, and I will cling to those until someone comes and gets them and I am fighting the fight every day to make sure that doesnt happen.

mcdonl
January 21, 2013, 08:13 AM
Ooops... Done did it

breakingcontact
January 21, 2013, 08:35 AM
And selling most of this at pre-madness prices (why ... well, paying it forward, karma, whatever ...).

Nice! We need to help out each other more. I've got a scope bracket for an AK that I don't think ill ever use. I should give it away next time I see a guy w an AK at the range.

I sold a friend some ammo cheap the other day so he'd have ammo to go shooting and go shooting with me!

Browning
January 21, 2013, 08:50 AM
No. Not really. Even if I did sell something for an astronomical amount of money I'd just want to turn around and buy another example of what I just sold, and I can't. Prices are too high.

I bought a bunch of stuff right before the election and so when the media started their demonization of gun owners in early December I was already set. I mean there will always be stuff I want and I can always use more ammo, but for the most part I'm good.

Why screw with that?

Only other things I buy recreationally besides guns/ammo are books off of Amazon and the occasional woodworking tool. I have enough money for that.

22-rimfire
January 21, 2013, 08:55 AM
If I have something I intend(ed) to sell anyway, this is a good time. I did sell a revolver and a semi-auto pistol in the last month. But neither had anything to do with the current wind drift. They were both gathering dust.

breakingcontact
January 21, 2013, 09:07 AM
I agree w Browning. I thought of selling some stuff...but why? I'd like an M1A which have inflated prices as well. So it would only make sense for me if I wanted to make a profit and reinvest that money into noninflated firearms.

Inflatable firearms. What's next!?

Captcurt
January 21, 2013, 09:23 AM
(why ... well, paying it forward, karma, whatever ...)

Yep, giving stuff away to friends, when times are tough, real friends are there!

;)
I have heard it said, "a friend will help you move. A REAL FRIEND will help you move the bodies."

HoosierQ
January 21, 2013, 10:28 AM
I sold off my 30 round Pmags in a shameless, naked act of profiteering. It was like taking candy from a baby really.

I figure if they ban 'em I'm done with it. If they don't, I got enough cash from the sale to buy 3 times as many (sans the stuff I already bought with the proceeds). Kept all my 20s. If they ban those, I'll sell those too even closer under the wire (legally, before the effective date) for an even more shameless price and buy 7's or 10's or whatever.

Sometimes, I think "we" need to be a little careful with the word "sheep".:rolleyes:

itchy1
January 21, 2013, 10:41 AM
I've sold some ammo to some people that obviously wanted it a lot more than I did. This is mostly stock that I have been building up for the past several years.

RCArms.com
January 21, 2013, 11:23 AM
I sure did lighten my personal collection during the past month

Sold:

FN SCAR 16
Bushmaster ACR
3x AR15
Garand
M1 Carbine
9mm AR upper
M16A1 upper and parts kit
Numerous semi auto pistols

TreeDoc
January 21, 2013, 12:54 PM
The ar platform has never really suited me, but over the years have acquired a few. Was thinking about selling before this craze started. Glad I put it off. Sold all the rifles, mags and ammo.
Paid off my medical bills, bought a ATV, computer and purchased a few other firearms that I wanted.

plainsbilly
January 21, 2013, 10:51 PM
I had too sold 5 extra stripped lowers for 750 each couldnt turn down that much profit besides ive got 27 more ( have friend that work at a cnc shop that cuts lowers for lgs nothing like an employees discount.)

j.kramer
January 21, 2013, 11:01 PM
i have stuff i dont have weapons for

im gonna sell the ammo and the magazines mostly 40 rounders that i had for just in case

Arkansas Paul
January 22, 2013, 01:29 AM
Unfortunately, I do not have an extensive enough of a collection to be selling off stuff. I'm kicking myself for not buying certain things when I could have managed it though.

As far as ammo, I'm not selling any of that either. I was in the man-cave just today making my ammo supply a little larger.

flynlr
January 22, 2013, 03:10 AM
I had an uncle who had wanted an AR for some time and sold him one of mine for what it cost to build. used part of the sale to buy a new reloading bench

bannockburn
January 22, 2013, 06:13 AM
Standing pat right now.

No plans to sell anything because it would cost all that much more to replace it somewhere down the road.

XD 45acp
January 22, 2013, 07:17 AM
I don't have nothing but my wrist rocket.... economy was so bad, I had to sell it all. Been considering a Red Ryder or the Tactical version ( with Popsicle stick duct taped to the end ), but don't think the finances are gonna permit it.

Queen_of_Thunder
January 22, 2013, 08:07 AM
Now is as good a time as any to sell off brass and certain ammo like 5.7 so I can buy ammo I use the most of like 12ga, 9mm,.40 and 45.

303tom
January 22, 2013, 10:10 AM
Nope............

USAF_Vet
January 22, 2013, 12:19 PM
Not yet. Thinking about selling my M-44 and ammo to fund a Savage Axis in .30-06, or a Charter Arms Southpaw. Seeing if I can save enough to get one or the other first.

VegasAR15
January 22, 2013, 01:10 PM
I haven't sold off much of the stuff I had before this started. Since it all began when I find a good deal I just buy double and then resell half, it has helped me manage all the crap I have been acquiring.

I bought two cases of Wolf 7.62x39 at the gun show for $250 each. Sold 200 rounds for a $100 to one guy and the other 800 rounds to another guy for $350. They both were happy to have found some, and I was stoked because it basically made my case of 1000 cost $50.

I bought four stripped polymer lowers for $80 each and sold three of them for about $185 each a couple weeks later, it paid for all the other stuff I bought on that trip to the gun store. I bought two DPMS parts kits, sold one for $150 which made mine free to me.

A friend of mine lined up a guy who wanted to buy one of my AR15s, an Olympic K3B, my buddy told him it would be $2000. I bought it for $800 in 2008. He was happy to have it and I tossed in some extra magazines and one of my nice cases. Now I am trying to decide if I should use that to buy an M1 Garand and an M1 Carbine or put it towards a full auto M11/9.

Every sale I have had has had a happy buyer and a happy seller, so who can compain? I am still not willing to part with anymore of my magazines though, unless some backorders come in.

gym
January 22, 2013, 01:16 PM
I am staying put, just a couple of odds and ends, like Night sights and lasers I want, I don't really shoot my AR anyway, as I don't have anyone to go with.

OpelBlitz
January 22, 2013, 02:12 PM
I have thought of selling a bunch of my stuff due to being unemployed. It has been a rough 2 years for me.

OpelBlitz
January 22, 2013, 05:38 PM
That's the main reason I'd want to sell some of my stash. :)

rugerdude
January 22, 2013, 06:06 PM
I traded a $600 Century C93 for about 1100 bucks worth of stuff (LNIB Sig P220 with a .22lr conversion kit and a puma 1911-22 which I sold for a quick 200 bucks). The guy seemed quite happy with the deal and in fact what he gave my was his very first offer.

I know I have some excess AR-15 mags lying around that I'll probably sell while I can too. I remember thinking that I wouldn't get 8 bucks per mag just 6 months ago....

I have an AK, Golani, Sig 556 and AR-15 that will fetch a king's ransom right now and part of me wants to sell them off along with the 2500 rounds of ammo and just be content not to have those rifles for a while. Then buy them all back later when the market goes back to normal. But even at the current prices my net gain isn't all that much money. Sure I could end up a couple grand ahead but that's really not all that tempting.

breakingcontact
January 22, 2013, 08:20 PM
Part of the reason a person could consider NOT selling their black rifles is because there are a large group of people who don't want you to have them. Makes me wonder their motivations...

TheDaywalkersDad
January 22, 2013, 08:39 PM
I would help out a friend or two on ammo or mags if I knew that they didn't help put our problems in office.
I can shoot twice per month and still be ok until springtime. Hopefully supply will catch up with demand by then.

jmace57
January 22, 2013, 08:44 PM
I am in the process of selling off 3 pistols in 9mm Makarov and 2 pistols in 7.62 Tokarev plus ammo. Sort of a caliber consolidation. I had been planning on doing so before these crazy times, and had been dawdling. But I decided to go ahead and do it as times seem good for it.

I have sold two already...but to friends...and ended up selling them to them at my original buying prices, cause I can't bear gouging them.

speedway
January 22, 2013, 08:46 PM
I parted with a bunch of tokarev ammo. I could not believe what that stuff is worth now.

parker51
January 22, 2013, 09:51 PM
Sold both of my AR's for what I paid for them. I bought them right after Obama won, but found I preferred shooting my bolt action rifles more so there was no need to hang on to them. I am also thinning out my brass stash as I couldn't possibly live long enough to reload what I had squirreled away. I have restocked my reloading supplies and picked up a Savage 17 HMR.

nathan
January 22, 2013, 10:38 PM
I got plenty to hold on. I m looking to get more.

Gordon_Freeman
January 23, 2013, 12:15 AM
I'm thinking about selling a few hundred rounds of .223. I've never used gunbroker before. Should I ask for a money order for payment? Or should I hang out outside of a gun show and get try to sell for cash?

Ignition Override
January 23, 2013, 01:01 AM
Oh Yes!:)

It's an attractive Yugo Mauser 48A, but the deal must be FTF, west TN: $275 firm with driver's license + cash.
Might take it to the Nashville show, Feb 9th.

The 2,000 rds. of 8mm Mauser ammo are Not for sale. Neither are the many more rds. of .303, 7.62x39 or .308/Nato 7.62.
Ammo can be more like a currency than most guns or the once-mighty US dollar.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anybody selling any of their supply?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!