H.R. 226: turn I your guns for a tax credit

PDA

nyc71
January 20, 2013, 11:44 PM
Many sheepo gun owners will fall for this if it gets pass.

H.R.226 - Support Assault Firearms Elimination and Reduction for our Streets Act

http://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-bill/226/text?q=h.r.%20226

If you enjoyed reading about "H.R. 226: turn I your guns for a tax credit" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
AlexanderA
January 21, 2013, 08:43 AM
Not going to happen because there's not enough money in the treasury. Besides that, the last thing the antis want to do is give money to gun owners so they can buy more and better guns.

beatledog7
January 21, 2013, 09:55 AM
Encourage your legislators to vote against tax code that is designed to modify behavior; that's not what taxation is supposed to do.

OldMac
January 21, 2013, 10:08 AM
It absolutely should not be a law but if it does get thru, i will turn in a sks and then buy a 50 bmg with the credit

Bubbles
January 21, 2013, 10:11 AM
There's not much to fall for since the $2k credit only applies to one firearm per taxpayer.

Heck, I kind of wish it were unlimited, some of the guns on that list can still be built pretty cheaply. Make it for $500, get a $2k credit, reduce tax liability to $0...

Arp32
January 21, 2013, 10:15 AM
Encourage your legislators to vote against tax code that is designed to modify behavior; that's not what taxation is supposed to do.

Beg to differ... That's what a lot of taxes are supposed to do.

beatledog7
January 21, 2013, 10:39 AM
^^ But that's not what taxes are supposed to be for. They are supposed to be for raising revenue and are supposed to be evenly applied.

I grant behavior modification is where legislators have taken it, but doing so has always been improper.

Texan Scott
January 21, 2013, 01:39 PM
I say, let them pass this ... beg them to pass this ... HELP them to pass this... then troll/ exploit/ abuse the system WITHOUT HINT OF SCRUPLE OR MERCY.

Use the profit to buy newer, better guns from American companies who will give money to fight anti-2A lawmakers' reelection.

The "progressives", as usual, have not given thought to the unintended consequences of their actions. They're practically begging to redistribute taxpayer money to increase gun ownership and support pro-2A causes and candidates.

Manco
January 21, 2013, 02:04 PM
All this law really would do is subsidize 3D printers for the masses. :scrutiny: I hope that it passes because I'd love to own a 3D printer but could never justify the cost otherwise. ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "H.R. 226: turn I your guns for a tax credit" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!