Lots of knives. Need info.

PDA

Chris-bob
January 21, 2013, 03:10 AM
So a friend of mine asked me to help clean out her late husbands Man Cave. He's been dead for 30 years. I picked up a bunch of knives. My plan is to sell them and give her the money. Anyone have any ideas of the value of some of these knives? I will list what I think their values are. Let me know what you think. Be honest.
1. Gerber Shorty with sheath $70
2. Gerber Sportsman Steel with sheath $35
3. Apache Hunter with sheath $50
4. Gerber Model 425 with sheath $125
5. Art Ullis filet with spoon(handle needs repaired/replaced) made in Germany $10
6. L.L.Bean Outdoor Edge Skinning knife with sheath. Seki blade made in Japan $15
7. Normark EKA folding fillet knife made in Sweden with sheath(it's camo, that's why you can't see it...) $20
8. Ranger Longhorn LB125 folding blade with sheath $30
9. Buck 110 folding blade $20
10. Unknown make fixed blade $20
11. KABAR 2 blade folding knife $25
12. Gerber Flayer with sheath $100
13. Kershaw 1035 knife with handmade sheath(has chip in blade near hilt) $60
14. Sportsways dive knife with sheath. $20

If you enjoyed reading about "Lots of knives. Need info." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chris-bob
January 21, 2013, 03:11 AM
I based the prices off of sold listings on ebay, completed/unsold listings on ebay, current auctions on ebay, etsy, and various websites selling 'vintage' knives.

hso
January 21, 2013, 08:32 AM
Any unknowns typically go into the $5 or $10 box at shows unless there's a good reason to think they're better than suspected.

ApacheCoTodd
January 21, 2013, 11:49 AM
#10 looks like a Grohmann/Guttman style "Canadian Trapper". No markings at all? And no sheath either? $25 bucks to a guy like me that is a big fan of the style if it's well made.

#2 not having the sheath which can be used as a handle for the tool might give it some weird collector value beyond the estimated $35.

#9 Aren't those three pin Bucks higher value? Maybe I've got that one backwards though.

rcmodel
January 21, 2013, 11:59 AM
#2 probably didn't have a folding leather handle.

It's probably a steel out of a MKII sheath.

Or it's the one they sold seperately in a leather sheath.
http://militarycarryknives.com/Accessories.htm#5InchSteelScab

rc

Chris-bob
January 26, 2013, 01:52 AM
#6 sold
#10 might be home made judging from the edges of the tang.
RC is right about #2. It looks a little funny because the rivet for the belt loop part of the sheath came loose.

Knives not pictured include a K98 44CRS bayonet with matching scabbard and frog and EGW knife with sheath. She said I could have those for helping her!

If you enjoyed reading about "Lots of knives. Need info." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!