M1 Carbine zero

PDA

kBob
January 21, 2013, 09:32 AM
First yes I searched.

Now before you get carried away I am not looking for "how I did it" or even "how I once maybe heard somebody may have done it" or even a detailed history of the refurb of original carbines.

Many moons ago I was talked into loaning my copy of the FM for Carbines with several changes to a friend for the use of a friend of his.....I was young and trusting at the time and I at that point did not have a carbine.....and I have not seen that Friend his friend or the field manual in several decades.

In the field manual (actually in one of the changes IIRC) was an image of sort of an upside down lolly-pop with diminsions and instructions written on it that was the official short range zero target. I can not recal if it was for 25 yard or meters or 1000 inches, but it was for reduced range.

That is what I am looking for.

You see I have a friend who has a friend that wants to zero his panic aquired carbine and I thought I would loan him this information........he promises to have it back to me in no time......

Appearently tossing a soda can on the back stop at 100 yards, setting the rear sight on the "1" setting and blazing away until you hit or atleast jump the can just won't do for some folks, or maybe he only has 1000 inches of space between the back door and his back stop.

-kBob

If you enjoyed reading about "M1 Carbine zero" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ironworkerwill
January 21, 2013, 11:04 AM
.30 Carbine (110 RN at 1990 Ft/s) BC=.144 100yds= +2.8" 200yds=-8.2" sight in @ +3"@85 MPBR=171

USSR
January 21, 2013, 11:07 AM
kBob,

I have the target that you are referring to. Send me an email and I will send it to you as an attachment.

Don

rcmodel
January 21, 2013, 11:38 AM
Its supposed to be in TM 9-1276 but darned if I can find it.

http://www.popintheyap.com/Targets/M1_Carbine_BSZ_Target.pdf

rc

kBob
January 23, 2013, 10:29 AM
Thanks guys.

USSR,

I will try to PM you soon if my brain continues to function.

RC,

Great work, but not the target I recall. I wi;; give it a try with friend this weekend though.

Again thanks guys.

-kBob

USSR
January 23, 2013, 11:19 AM
kBob,

My target is the same as what rcmodel posted. Sorry.

Don

blarby
January 23, 2013, 11:23 AM
Any objections to me reposting this in the "targets" thread RC ?

rcmodel
January 23, 2013, 12:03 PM
Gofer it!

There is a Targets thread?? :confused:

rc

If you enjoyed reading about "M1 Carbine zero" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!