Looking for a Sig P6!

PDA

Dryft
January 21, 2013, 06:16 PM
So, I got to handle one of these the other day at the gun show and am really impressed! Unfortunately the seller wanted an arm and a leg for it and was not open to negotiation...

Can anyone suggest some places to look? Seems like they are certainly no longer the three hundred dollar special they used to be, but five hundred seems steep - and this guy wanted more than that by a mile.

Any help or recommendations would be most appreciated, as always.

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for a Sig P6!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mike OTDP
January 21, 2013, 06:59 PM
Gunbroker comes to mind. $400-500 is about right - probably more right this instant, given the panic. If you don't have a Right This Second requirement, I'd suggest waiting a few months.

chris in va
January 21, 2013, 07:11 PM
Yikes. The P6 isn't all that to begin with, so $500 for one is ridiculous.

Heck, that'll get you a used 228 that actually feeds HP ammo.

mgmorden
January 21, 2013, 07:20 PM
Heck, that'll get you a used 228 that actually feeds HP ammo.

Most of the surplus P6's seem to have been made after the 1989 date required to feed HP's.

I will say though that though the P6's were a good deal at $300, they're a harder sell when at their current prices. I like mine, but pistol of that size that's a single-stack is a little disappointing. I had been thinking of reselling mine and putting the funds towards a used P226.

Anyways, their website is currently down, but when it's back up check Wideners. They had them last I checked:

http://www.wideners.com/

Dryft
January 21, 2013, 08:09 PM
Hey y'all,

Thanks for the good information so far! I like where you're heading with this one.

mgmorden - Thanks for the link - I'd never heard of them. And, if you do decide to let go your P6, let me know.

rcmodel
January 21, 2013, 09:03 PM
that'll get you a used 228 that actually feeds HP ammo.Well I have a like new P6 with 4 mags that feeds JHP, reloading bench floor sweepings, or anything else.

And I would not sell it for $500 right now on a bet.

The only thing wrong with single-stack mags is, they don't make a big & heavy a lump in your pocket or on your belt as a double stack.

rc

ssyoumans
January 21, 2013, 09:09 PM
FYI, a Sig P225 is the civilian version of the P6 and they have the improved feed ramp to feed hollowpoints. I have a P225 and really like it despite the smaller mag limitation.

rcmodel
January 21, 2013, 09:24 PM
The P6 manufactured after June 14th, 1989 have the same feed ramp as the P225.

Mine made 11/97 feeds anything and everything I have tried in it.

rc

9mmepiphany
January 21, 2013, 10:43 PM
Seems like they are certainly no longer the three hundred dollar special they used to be, but five hundred seems steep - and this guy wanted more than that by a mile.
Sounds like the seller thought it was a SIG 225...and has it priced as such.

I got two of the P6 when they were still ~$250 and, other than the heavier mainspring, it worked as well as the 225s our academy was issuing cadets

hAkron
January 22, 2013, 10:06 PM
I just took my P-6 to the range today. I bought it frame Wideners this summer...I think I was like $375 or something? Such a great gun! I would never ever ever pay what they are asking for a new production P225, but my P6 is great. The P239 is pretty good too. I have one in 40 S&W and I bought a 357 Sig Barrel for it as well.

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for a Sig P6!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!