British Hi Power switch to Glock

PDA

Dryft
January 21, 2013, 10:55 PM
Since the British MoD has decided to swap out their Hi Powers for Glocks, it begs the question:

Anyone want to place bets on an influx of these into the states?

Are we that lucky?

If you enjoyed reading about "British Hi Power switch to Glock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
blkbrd666
January 21, 2013, 11:04 PM
Are we that lucky?

Slim chance with Useless in the Whitehouse...but hopefully. That is one I am missing in my collection.

9mmepiphany
January 22, 2013, 07:09 PM
You may not want one...they are pretty beat up after all these years. The last ones they sold weren't too bad as they were captures from the Falkland's War

Drail
January 22, 2013, 07:23 PM
I would bet that it would it be easier, faster and cheaper to ship them off to some third world country in Africa than to try to get them into the U.S. I would also bet that the majority of them have been pretty much beaten beyond repair. It is too bad though.

Blackstone
January 23, 2013, 04:41 AM
I've never seen a Hi Power here that wasnt beaten up

Scrumbag
January 23, 2013, 05:38 AM
I guess these must have been in reserve a while. British Army issues P226s as standard side arm as far as I'm aware.

SharpsDressedMan
January 23, 2013, 08:00 AM
They do not sell surplus guns to the international market anymore, as far as I know.

Pilot
January 23, 2013, 08:12 AM
I am sure the British Hi Powers are in the same or worse condition than the U.S. 1911's that were used for 50 or more years before being replaced by the M9.

While not my favorite, the G17 is a solid choice.

If you enjoyed reading about "British Hi Power switch to Glock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!