THR member talking gun laws on Huckabee

PDA

Correia
January 22, 2013, 12:56 AM
Yep. I'm the handsome, manly, broad shouldered, silken voiced, goatee model in the video. :)

http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2013/01/21/link-to-my-huckabee-interview/

If you enjoyed reading about "THR member talking gun laws on Huckabee" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DirtyDiesel
January 22, 2013, 01:05 AM
Very nice!

BHP FAN
January 22, 2013, 01:11 AM
my favorite author! well, along with Jerry Ahern [RIP]

r1derbike
January 22, 2013, 01:15 AM
Excellent! I have a lot of respect for you and Mike Huckabee. Kudos, bearded one!

gunnutery
January 22, 2013, 01:20 AM
Very cool. Great job and thanks for posting.

Brno
January 22, 2013, 01:40 AM
Larry's written post (see link referenced in the original) is the most complete, accurate and superbly articulated argument debunking the gun control myth I've ever seen.

All of us should send copies to our legislators. I suspect at least some of them might actually recognize the foolishness in voting for a ban of any type, and maybe even consider focusing their efforts on the mental health isssue and providing REAL protection for our school kids by repealing that ridiculous "Gun Free" school zone nonsense.

Dnaltrop
January 22, 2013, 01:47 AM
Stupid cable company mislabeled Hannity show as Huckabee, thankfully found that link earlier on my own.

Good work Mr Correia, Now go wedgie Piers Morgan for us.

Loved Spellbound, polished it off in a single day, Thanks for getting your books into the Kindle store too, Missus re-bought the MHI set for herself. ;)

sidheshooter
January 22, 2013, 01:57 AM
I agree with those here that have read Larry's original blog post. Great stuff, and it's obvious that Mr. Huckabee sees the article for what it is as well.

Nice job again, Larry.

BHP FAN
January 22, 2013, 01:58 AM
I keep buying MHI, then loaning it to friends...

JERRY
January 22, 2013, 02:06 AM
id give you two thumbs up smilies if they had them on here.;)

MaterDei
January 22, 2013, 02:11 AM
Well done, Larry.

Kiln
January 22, 2013, 02:36 AM
Good job. We need all the positive PR we can get to open people's eyes.

Dr.Rob
January 22, 2013, 02:38 AM
Awesome!

cyclopsshooter
January 22, 2013, 02:53 AM
Thankyou sir.

Midnight Oil
January 22, 2013, 04:41 AM
awesome job! nice shoulder thing jab! :D

sonick808
January 22, 2013, 05:17 AM
Fantastic job! My favorite part was the strong illustration of magazine capacity being our last resort of preparation against an unknown quality or quantity of attack. Magazine capacity can boil down to THE most important equalizer we could hope to have against an unknown assailant(s). Like he said, one shot doesn't spin the bad guy around and drop them on the ground in a heap like they do in the movies. I've not seen the need for magazine capacity illustrated this well until now.

Larry, you are needed on the Piers' Morgan set please!

Westfair
January 22, 2013, 05:50 AM
Wonderful job! So much common sense, logic and rationality on display.

TRX
January 22, 2013, 06:17 AM
We all know Larry, but for those of you who never heard of Mike Huckabee before he went to TV, he used to do "guest DJ" slots on local radio stations while he was governor, and answer call-in questions between songs and commercials.

He also used to open Riverfest each year with his band, "Capitol Offense."

Governor Mike and I had dramatically different opinions on some things, but the man had style...

radiotom
January 22, 2013, 06:34 AM
Where is this end-all-be-all anti gun control article I keep hearing of?

I must have it.

Adam the Gnome
January 22, 2013, 07:31 AM
+1 !!

Salmoneye
January 22, 2013, 07:57 AM
Well done...

josiewales
January 22, 2013, 08:11 AM
VERY well done!

josiewales
January 22, 2013, 08:16 AM
Shoulder thing that goes up! HAHAHAHA! :D

minuteman1970
January 22, 2013, 08:21 AM
Well done!

SleazyRider
January 22, 2013, 08:22 AM
What can I say that hasn't already been said? It's an honor to be on the same board as you, sir! You make a measured, clear, intelligent, and logical argument for the RKBA, and gun owners and freedom lovers alike should all be in your debt.

Now, about this " handsome, manly, broad shouldered, silken voiced, goatee model in the video" ... . :D

preachnhunt
January 22, 2013, 08:39 AM
Good Job Larry! We need as many ambassadors as we can get who put forth our point of view in a measured and thoughtful way. Well done.

wrc
January 22, 2013, 08:41 AM
Where is this end-all-be-all anti gun control article I keep hearing of?

I must have it.

It's a few links deeper from the blog post under discussion:

http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2012/12/20/an-opinion-on-gun-control/

foghornl
January 22, 2013, 09:44 AM
A tip-o-the-hat to you, sir for such an eloquent and accurate presentation.

Good work Mr Correia, Now go wedgie Piers Morgan for us

Make sure it is the "Atomic Wedgie", where the waistband of the 'Bloomers' gets pulled up over the head.

Never mind HOW I know about the Atomic Wedgie, I just know :o :D :o :neener:

The Lone Haranguer
January 22, 2013, 09:48 AM
I liked how you pointed out the individual features of the EBR (pistol grip, flash suppressor, adjustable stock) and demolished the "evil" or "dangerous" myths, as well as those of the "high capacity" magazine. :)

A minor nitpick is that it was Carolyn McCarthy of "the shoulder thing that goes up" fame, not Cynthia McKinney.

REPOMAN
January 22, 2013, 10:01 AM
Good Job, Larry

22-rimfire
January 22, 2013, 10:04 AM
Larry, you did a great job. I especially liked the way you answered Huck's question on folding stocks and "high capacity" (aka 30 rounders) magazines.

How did Mike Huckabee ever find you to do this interview?

Fox once called me to do an interview on a work topic, but I was on the road and it was imposible to meet their time line. They usually want it today. I was pretty impressed that they contacted me. It was one of their major TV reporters.

Taurus 617 CCW
January 22, 2013, 10:27 AM
Excellent job. It's refreshing to see an interview on firearms that is positive and articulate. The left has a tendency to label us as gun slinging rednecks or militia members ready for revolt. Neither of which you appeared to be on Huckabee.

SoCalNoMore
January 22, 2013, 10:29 AM
Well done sir, keep up the good work.

jamesbeat
January 22, 2013, 10:44 AM
Excellent stuff larry.
Well reasoned and eloquently put.

I'm ashamed to say that this is the first time I've heard about you, despite being a sci fi nut.
Going to buy your novels immediately, they sound awesome.

Arkansas Paul
January 22, 2013, 10:49 AM
Great job. Thanks for posting. I will be sharing this.

radiotom
January 22, 2013, 11:29 AM
It's a few links deeper from the blog post under discussion:

http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2012/12/20/an-opinion-on-gun-control/
Thanks I read that whole thing it was really good. Shared with the family too.

Skribs
January 22, 2013, 11:35 AM
I'll have to watch it when I get home. It's nice to see someone on our forum, especially someone I consider a role model (as an aspiring author), shedding good light on our cause.

People here reminded me, I need to get back MHI from my Dad...

Skribs
January 22, 2013, 12:34 PM
Larry, I just read the whole post you made last month regarding your opinion on gun control. Excellent post! Except I think the web server you're on is probably not used to that much traffic, it was running sluggish. That's a good thing, though ;)

Apple a Day
January 22, 2013, 05:50 PM
There you go, being logical again!
Excellent job.

HankR
January 22, 2013, 05:55 PM
Excellent Job. Well done

Thank you,

JBrady555
January 22, 2013, 06:44 PM
Very nice thank you

PaisteMage
January 22, 2013, 06:47 PM
Very good explanation.

Concise and explained in a way that ill informed people can understand WHAT we are talking about.

I am showing this to people.

spandexdonkey
January 22, 2013, 07:06 PM
Excellent job sir

willymc
January 22, 2013, 07:11 PM
GOOD READ! Larry should speak before congress!

jmace57
January 22, 2013, 09:00 PM
You did an excellent job. Thank you!

itchy1
January 22, 2013, 09:30 PM
Outstanding job!

BullfrogKen
January 22, 2013, 09:31 PM
Larry, great job. You've always been one of our brightest and most articulate spokespeople.

Cosmoline
January 22, 2013, 09:40 PM
Bravo and well done!

geim druth
January 22, 2013, 09:52 PM
Impressive job. Your written essay was excellent as always and your live appearance was if anything even better.

dvlhntr
January 22, 2013, 10:26 PM
I am always wondering why the Perl Mississippi High School Shooting is not brought up more often. That was stopped by an armed response via the High School vice-principal if I am not mistaken.

I do see a reference to it in the linked blog. However I am always waiting for someone to bring it up on air as evidence that allowing armed teachers and school admins the right to defend themselves and their wards from violent attacks has been shown to reduce the number of victims.

is there something about the Mississippi shooting that doesn't make it a text book example in support allowing teachers to be armed? is there some counter to it that I am not seeing?

pty101
January 23, 2013, 01:09 AM
Great Job! Wish you could get on some of the of the networks as well.

If you enjoyed reading about "THR member talking gun laws on Huckabee" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!