Rami range report.

PDA

.45FMJoe
March 8, 2004, 12:42 AM
Went to the Range Saturday with my dad to break in my new G32 and his new Rami. I won't bore you with a range report about the Glock. 200 rounds and I'm sure you can guess how it performed. LOL.

Anyway, back to the Rami. We shot 200 rounds of WWB .40 through it with only 1 problem. Very early on, in the first round of the fresh mag the gun did not go into battery. We will blow through another 200 rounds next weekend. First impressions...WOW! Nice gun. Personally, I wish the grip was just a tab bit longer. My father likes the grip. He has bigger hands than me and just tucks his pinky on the mag base and is perfectly comfortable with it. The gun is VERY accurate. We shot at those Walmart Outers brand 25 yard slow fire pistol target at varying self-defense ranges. For about 15 feet to 30 feet and everywhere in between. If we did our part, we kept them in the black. Recoil was not too bad at all shooting 2 handed. It feels like a full steel framed short barrel .40. I do think it has a little more snap than my Colt compact 3" .45. But, this is probably due to the fact that the Colt has a dual recoil spring setup and a slightly longer grip.

I cannot say the recoil was bad if you are concentrating. To explain that... I can shoot a Glock 17 without even thinking about it. I don't have to tense my hands and "prepare" for shooting because recoil is so soft. It's like firing .38s out of my Python...easy as pie. You have to think you are shooting a short barreled .40 and prepare yourself for it or the gun will flip. If you do your part, it's not bad at all. We shot a little one handed which is something I have never done. Needless to say I sucked until the last round and I hit dead bullseye. Eh, blind luck...need to practice. My father shot it one handed beautifully. Mind you he is 6 feet 4 inches and weighs probably 250+. Also, the Marine Corps taught him how to shoot M1911s one handed too...something I was never taught. We sent it out to 25 yards and 2 handed kept them in or right around the black. That was kinda fun.

The trigger is actually not bad for a DA/SA. I hate DA/SA triggers. Except for my Python. :) I love that gun in DA or SA. The Rami had about a 100 poujnd pull the night we got it. So we dry fired it about 500 times on the way home with the included snap caps! It has smoothed out and lightened up quite nicely. I figure a few hundred more dry firings and a few hundred more live firings and the DA should be buttery smooth. We can already tell a huge difference from out of the box. In fact, this gun was tighter than Fort Knox out of the box. The slide was a whore to rack, and the mags needed extra oomph to lock in. You can see where the slide is wearing in by the finish on the rails being destroyed. The slide has also smoothed out quite nicely. The sights are "night sights" but they aren't really. They are painted with that glowing paint stuff that is about worthless. They are fine sights otherwise, just don't glow in the dark which I think is essential on a CCW piece.

So, our first impressions of CZ have thus far been very positive. It seems to be a great little gun. The tolerences were ungodly from the factory but it is breaking in so to speak. I might try to go through more than 200 rounds next weekend just to give a better report.

Hope you guys liked my report...I tried not to forget anything. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Rami range report." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PCRCCW
March 8, 2004, 08:42 AM
Nice Ill have more to add tonight..........:D If I can sneak away from the shop for an hour or so................Nice report.

Shoot well.

MaterDei
March 9, 2004, 08:06 AM
Nice report. I anxiously await your follow-up. I haven't seen any in the Houston area gun stores that I frequent yet. Waiting...

If you enjoyed reading about "Rami range report." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!