magazine identification help

PDA

Keeperfaith
January 22, 2013, 04:10 PM
I've put this on this forum before in a different section w/o any results. I'm hoping the reloading guys may be able to shed some light on this magazine.

Does anyone know what gun this goes to?

I've taken it to a Pawn shop and tried it 3 different Sigs and Taurus 92's and 95's and it did not fit.

It is 9mm and it looks to be a 30 round mag or more. The Glock magazine is the 10 round Glock 27 magazine just for side by side comparison.

If you know what gun it goes to please let me know. I obtained them in a collection buy and I'm looking to trade them for magazie I can use. They may be ProMag brand, there are no markings on them at all.

Thanks

Steve

If you enjoyed reading about "magazine identification help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MtnCreek
January 22, 2013, 04:27 PM
The V shape towards the top makes it look like a B 92 mag.

oneounceload
January 22, 2013, 04:41 PM
It isn't a Mec-Gar metal Glock replacement, is it?

Shadow 7D
January 22, 2013, 04:49 PM
there are a number of mags that use a similar design, I'd hazard a guess at XD, or a CZ

Joe I
January 22, 2013, 11:16 PM
Although there are some similarities, the external ribs definitely keep it from being a Beretta magazine of any type I have seen, and I'm a Beretta kind of guy. Maybe process of elimination will get you there.

January 22, 2013, 11:59 PM
Didn't Hi-Point make a 9mm sem-auto rifle awhile ago? Perhaps it isn't a pistol mag.

Keeperfaith
January 23, 2013, 02:05 AM
Yeah I think process of elimination is the route im taking so far.

Not Berreta, I bought an AT-9 in the collection but these mags didnt fit the AT-9 at all...

not at-9, not sig, not taurus, not CZ-75 (i tried that one too at the pawn shop, no dice).

im gonna do an ebay search, ill let yall know if i find.

Thanks
Steve

Keeperfaith
January 23, 2013, 02:46 AM
Heres a link to an ebay auction I found. The seller advertises this as a Glock magazine. Ive honestly not checked to see if this mag fits in a Glock, if it does its an aftermarket one Ive never seen before.

Let me know what yall think.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Glock-26-9mm-9-round-magazine-aftermarket-new-open-package-/121054089861?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2f62d285

1SOW
January 23, 2013, 03:16 AM
It isn't a CZ mag.

Keeperfaith
January 26, 2013, 09:03 PM
I think it just might be a Glock 9 mm magazine...

I don't have a Glock in 9 mm. I was actually able to fit the mag into my Glock 27 and it clicked in with some push, but I'll try it in my brother Glock 9mm.

I'll let y'all know the results (if your curious).

Thx
Steve

bikerdoc
January 26, 2013, 09:22 PM
Looks like an aftermarket 30 rd mag for the Ruger P 95 / PC9 Carbine.

rfwobbly
January 27, 2013, 12:12 AM
This is the only magazine I recognize....

http://ttag.zippykidcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/American-Rifleman-courtesy-atomicnerds.com_.jpg

:D

Keeperfaith
January 28, 2013, 07:17 PM
AH HA!!!
It is a GLOCK 9mm magazine.

I got my brothers Glock 19 and tried it out. I even racked a few rounds through to make sure it cycles. YUPPERS!!
The only thing it doesn't do is lock the slide back when empty...

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "magazine identification help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!