Remington 34 private sale value?

PDA

savage116
January 22, 2013, 04:26 PM
A friend of mine has a Remington 34 .22 he is looking to possibly sell to me. I told him I was looking for a bolt action .22 with open sights. He said he would probably sell it to me. We're friends so he said he doesn't want to rip me off. I don't expect him to give it away either. Though the gun was given to him for free.I figured about $75 would be fair for both of us? The gun is in pretty good shape overall. Not perfect but good. Needs a good disassembly/cleaning though but otherwise good.
Thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 34 private sale value?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gordon
January 22, 2013, 08:38 PM
One of the best .22s ever made IMHO. $75 is fair PTP cash.

wrench
January 22, 2013, 08:52 PM
I sold a nice but not perfect 34 for $200 last year. They do have some collector value.
$75 would be a super price for one, unless it's beat to death.

savage116
January 22, 2013, 08:56 PM
I don't want to spend a fortune that's why I said $75. Does that sound fair for both of us? I'm not robbing him blind yet I'm still getting a good deal?

GrandmasterB
January 23, 2013, 12:28 AM
I'd say that's a very good deal. The 34 is a very fine rifle. I gave $125 for mine several years ago, and am still delighted.

savage116
January 23, 2013, 08:58 AM
Alright. Thanks everyone. If someone else has some input I'd still be glad to hear it. I just wanted to make sure that's fair to both of us. I'm not the kind to try to have people give stuff away. I like for both seller and buyer to do alright. $75 isn't giving the thing away but yet it's still a good deal to me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 34 private sale value?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!